Diablo® III

Important Security Update

I thought that being forced to play online was to increase security?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Brutal.. good thing I cashed out of this game!
Reply Quote
I'm sure glad my account assets, personal contact and security information is secured behind an always-online barrier of protection. Offline mode really would have tampered with the integrity of the experience. Only game account I've associated with my "real" (non-spam generating) email account for security reasons, and now that's compromised.

Thanks, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
So, they have our encrypted passwords. How long will it take for them to unencrypt them? With all the money floating around because of the AH, and with our accounts tied in with Paypal, which itself is tied to our CC/Bank info, why should we NOT panic?

What is Blizzard doing to fix this situation?
Reply Quote
So, they have our encrypted passwords. How long will it take for them to unencrypt them? With all the money floating around because of the AH, and with our accounts tied in with Paypal, which itself is tied to our CC/Bank info, why should we NOT panic?

What is Blizzard doing to fix this situation?

It sounds like the passwords are stored using a one-way encryption method. It would take a LOT of computational time to crack one password, let alone millions. I'm not worried about that, so much as I am worried about the authenticator and secret question access.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/09/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Hedda
... Seriously? How is it ignorant or inaccurate? They had "no control" over this? Wha?

What control did they have? They got compromised. It happens, and they told us. Do you think that they would have willingly allowed themselves to be compromised? Don't be dense. That fool was making posts saying out-of-hand, sky-is-falling things. I called him on it. End of story.
Reply Quote
This is really bad, Blizzard. You're disappointing players bigtime when you add this to the fiasco Diablo 3 has been.
Reply Quote
MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU DO SOMETHING TO HIGHLIGHT THIS STICKY THREAD, LIKE USING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS AND MAYBE SOME ***ASTERISKS***?

People tend to ignore the stickies when they first hit the forums, and this is more important than ALL of the other ones listed.

agree.
i found out about this via kotaku. general discussion forums are about the last place i'd look for useful information regarding this game.
Edited by enem#1945 on 8/9/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys are a Joke, a serious horrible joke.
Reply Quote
Hardware authenticator FTW.
Reply Quote
Um..........fail? :(Super hackers lmao. hire hackers to hack the hackers!!!
This isn't cool at all infact dont become sony 2.0 :/
Edited by Swizle#1627 on 8/9/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So the only reason we are forced to play online, is for security and not being hacked etc, of course nothing to do with the RMAH. And what just happened? You should be ashamed of yourselves, your greed just cost you so much future revenue its not even funny.
How are you all going to contain the damage? We all know other countries have very relaxed laws about many things or turn a blind eye to stuff. Personally I never bought or sold any rmah stuff, but what about peoples paypal, cc, general banking info?

Can we get our money back lol?
Reply Quote
I got two texts from Blizzard the other day, telling me my password has changed. Needless to say I freaked out, and logged into my account immediately to check my accounts and change my password and secret question. Luckily nothing was taken from my account, and my old password was still working.

This is worrying now, as they have access to my real life phone number and paypal accounts. I'm hoping my case was an isolated incident, but definitely needs to be investigated...
Reply Quote
So, is he saying the last 8-9 weeks have been fun?
Reply Quote
damnit, now i have to change my password? can't think of anything !
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]