Diablo® III

Important Security Update

Yes because their credibility is so much higher now. Who's to say this wasn't a problem since release as many claimed and was just now caught? Or that it hasn't happened multiple times and they only caught THIS attempt? Either way, people who even suggested this was a possibility in the past were treated like garbage at best, and it was disgusting to witness.

Seems the fanboys will be fanboys, even though they were in fact compromised.

And for the record, my computer was, and still remains, problem (and hack) free. Just can't believe how badly people were treated regarding the original string of hacks, now that this has come to light. I'd say apologies are in high order, but who am I kidding, this is the interwebz...
Reply Quote
Yes because their credibility is so much higher now. Who's to say this wasn't a problem since release as many claimed and was just now caught? Or that it hasn't happened multiple times and they only caught THIS attempt? Either way, people who even suggested this was a possibility in the past were treated like garbage at best, and it was disgusting to witness.

Seems the fanboys will be fanboys, even though they were in fact compromised.

And for the record, my computer was, and still remains, problem (and hack) free. Just can't believe how badly people were treated regarding the original string of hacks, now that this has come to light. I'd say apologies are in high order, but who am I kidding, this is the interwebz...

Again even if Blizzard's compermised went back that far, which is doubtful, there is no way each and every Cryptographically scrambled password of all of those accounts were deciphered. The individual deciphering of a Cryptographically scrambled password is something that takes days, of dedicated computer time.

So again your compromise was on your end, not Blizzards.
Reply Quote
zzzZZZzzZZzzz
Reply Quote
Bye bye Blizz :p

I don't even trust that passwords are encrypted or anything that comes out of their mouths. It's like Blizz saying "Yeah let's encrypt the passwords then keep it in the internal network for everyone in Blizz to have access. Oh wait! We should have placed it in a secure server."

It's just like those ninja nerfs and updates. They try to say bad things in a nice way :)
Edited by Plax#1704 on 8/11/2012 3:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
WTF are my chars, their all gone !
Reply Quote
No one can keep your information completely safe, guess Sony and all those other companies that many people have listed in this thread should quit? They've taken probably more than the required steps in that they've been doing this for many years and are used to being the targets of attacks

What was it the hackers said about sony and the other main company s hacked, oh that is right "we did it because their security is so weak"

wut are you serious? So if I come by and you have your windows open I can just snag your stuff? thanks buddy.

Yes I am serious very infact, how many times does the criminal say, we did it because you made it so easy, quite alot actually when it comes to breaking in, and yes if I left my window open or door not secure its my fault for making it easy for someone to get in, that is why insurance companies do not pay out. leave your car window open and it get broken in thats your fault, as its your responsibility to secure your home and vehicle.

08/11/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Garath
This is definitely not the place to be determining that.

I do not have to determine anything its the law, any company that loses your details is liable as they agreed to keep them safe in the first place. I do not need a court or a legal degree its a part of most countries data protection acts.
Reply Quote
Again even if Blizzard's compermised went back that far, which is doubtful, there is no way each and every Cryptographically scrambled password of all of those accounts were deciphered. The individual deciphering of a Cryptographically scrambled password is something that takes days, of dedicated computer time.

So again your compromise was on your end, not Blizzards.

No go look at any security forum discussing this, the bruteforcing of blizzards password is actually easy enough
http://www.opine.me/blizzards-battle-net-hack/
Just about every security forum talking about this says that.
Why do you think people sell lists of active battlenet/emails , for that purpose.
Reply Quote
laughing sooo hard
Reply Quote
well that's just dandy.. since i cant change my password because i am out of my home country for another month and therefore i cant get my mobile alerts to verify anything.

The hackers will have fun with my account and details... if my bank calls my wife at least i know where it came from.

Online purchasing is fast becoming a risky method.... last month it was Linked In.....

what next?
Reply Quote
i have no respect for blizzard they treated us the costumers like crap in wow they will treat us like crap in d3 all they care about is them self's and there costumer service is horrible always well send us ur pc spec so we can determine what happen and tell u y ur pc did it not us lol . They wont change period that's y i left wow lol and if need to ill leave d3
Reply Quote
nope
Reply Quote

When a robber breaks in your window and steals your crap is that your fault?
Even if the window is open he takes something from you that's a crime. So even saying they had insufficient security isn't enough of a reason to blame them for someone stealing from them.

There really are VICTIMS in the world, whether you can believe that or not.

It really doesn't work that way. If your house were broken into, it's of course not your fault and since it only involves you and your belongings, the responsibility stops right there. If you were caring for someone else's belongings, however, you ARE responsible for those. For instance, I lent a few CD's to a friend a few years back and he had a break-in to his car and when I asked for my CD's back he said they were stolen. He had to reimburse me even though it wasn't his 'fault' his car was broken into.
Reply Quote
Does your insurance pay out if you leave a window open and someone robs you, I know where I am thats not the case

wut are you serious? So if I come by and you have your windows open I can just snag your stuff? thanks buddy.

Now you're being obtuse. No, it's still not your fault if someone steals your car, ever, but it will be your fault for leaving the keys in the ignition especially in the eyes of your insurance company.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 8/11/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Korny
LOL what a JOKE
|

^

precisely.

So, basically, blizz can't handle the game anymore? Just quit the gaming industry, start selling authenticators to banks or something.
Reply Quote
08/11/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Odin
Wow, you sound like a total jew. "Hey bro I know your car was broken into and all your !@#$ was stolen and you have to pay for that %^-*... but you had some of my cd's and instead of being a compassionate human being, I'm going to get all super jew on you and demand my money back."

A total jew? Riight.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 11:17 AMPosted by LostInTheUSA
Blizzard should've gotten an Authenticator

THIS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]