Diablo® III

Unbuffed stats

Are there plans to show the unbuffed dps (and other stats) instead of buffed?
Reply Quote
I agree with above, pretty tired of the DHs logging of with 100% Crit :P
Reply Quote
Are we the only 2 that agrees to this?
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
Unfortunately there are a few obstacles in having unbuffed heroes presented on the site and through the web APIs. It is on our list of things to get resolved, but currently the resolution is out of reach.
Reply Quote
08/19/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Straton
Unfortunately there are a few obstacles in having unbuffed heroes presented on the site and through the web APIs. It is on our list of things to get resolved, but currently the resolution is out of reach.

Well, please fix the gems atleast, dunno why these wasnt present at launch of the profiles, this require us to fetch data via HTML which you don't want us to.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
... this require us to fetch data via HTML which you don't want us to.

It does not. Do not assume that missing data on the API is a free pass to crawl the HTML of the D3 game site.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Straton
... this require us to fetch data via HTML which you don't want us to.

It does not. Do not assume that missing data on the API is a free pass to crawl the HTML of the D3 game site.

I know we arent allowed to crawl D3 site, just want to clarify that I meant that there is the only place we could get the correct Crit Hit dmg, but ofcourse we arent allowed to crawl it.

I can see now that gems are available now, Thank you Blizz, really appreciated! :)
Reply Quote
+1 for unbuffed stats.

I have to try to 'undo' the wrong stats, but in some cases it is cumbersome or impossible. I also don't want to spend a bunch of effort here and have it be fixed the next day in the API either.
Reply Quote
+1 for unbuffed stats.

I have to try to 'undo' the wrong stats, but in some cases it is cumbersome or impossible. I also don't want to spend a bunch of effort here and have it be fixed the next day in the API either.

Unbuffed stats would be nice, but it's not really -that- cumbersome and absolutely not impossible to parse correct stats. Basing your data off of the equipped items and the class' base stats is a reliable, lasting solution.

If you need any help with how to calculate certain stats, I can answer most questions you'd have.
Edited by Poutine#1541 on 9/2/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I call it cumbersome because I have to hit the API for each relevant item slot. I don't want to be making over a dozen API calls per character when doing analysis. My app is a webapp, and depending on how google has set up appengine, all of my requests might be coming from the same IP. Budgeting API calls is very important to me.

But you're right. Code is code (thats what we are here to write!), and the math isn't hard. So in that sense, it is not cumbersome.

As for impossible, there is at least one impossible situation I have found under my constraints.

1. Log in to barbarian.
2. Use Leap-Iron Impact in town.
3. Log out with the buff.

As you'd suspect, the API reports the buffed armor. Now, you're right in that I could make dozens of API calls and total up the armor from items instead. But again, thats a constraint I am trying to live by while producing my app. I don't think there is any way for me to glean the fact that the buff was up at the time of logout and thus reverse the bonus.
Reply Quote
The end result should hopefully be unbuffed but include the buff values for each passive and active skill with the current state of the hero.

This way app developers can show your true unbuffed stats but also their end users could toggle or see the effects of passive and active skills that change your stats.
Edited by viscrom#1983 on 9/3/2012 5:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Talking about unseen stats, adding Mantra of Conviction's debuff to the calculation would be great. And I'm talking here about the in-game char sheet.
Also, it would be extremely helpful to clarify that the in-game char sheet shows only the DPS you have hitting with the default-lvl1-no-other-ability attack.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]