Diablo® III

API Suggestion: Stash Data

A quick search didn't turn up anything.

Will there be access to the profiles stash data? It would be useful to see all the possible items a user has as well.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
I'll make a note to bring it up with the team and have a discussion around it. Generally, things that are "private" in-game are also private on the web. I can inspect your hero in-game, thus we justify having profile pages outside of the game. I can't look in your stash or inventory, or see the amount of gold you have, thus we generally don't make that available through the website or API.

If there is a good argument for changing that, then it is something we can look at doing. With that said, I don't think there are any compelling reasons to change the visibility of that data.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5271598804?page=5#88

There were already that suggestion and it was rejected.
Reply Quote
Hmm. I think I should log a bug for Chrome then, searching doesn't bring up stuff properly.

Anyways, thank you for the heads up. I understand their argument and I can't really think of a good one yet to justify it other than, "it would be nice to see my stash in this app."
Reply Quote
I'm in game. I find some item, let's say a chest armor with 3 sockets, 100 dex, 100 vit, gold find and pickup radius.

It sure would be nice to be able to use a browser on another computer or my smartphone to look up similar item in the auction house to see if it's worth my time to try and sell it or whether I should just vendor it.

I have a demon hunter. She has a ring in her stash. I have a monk. How good would that ring be on the monk?

Is there a better fist weapon in the auction house for my monk? I don't want to see ones I can't afford or that aren't real upgrades.

And that's after thinking about the possibilities for about 2 minutes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]