Diablo® III

Blizzard is right on about legendaries

View profile
Except for keeping them at lower ILVL and low DPS values!

http://us.media5.battle.net/cms/gallery/M8OU2X1R91JY1344454805642.jpg?v=0 - buriza

http://us.media1.battle.net/cms/gallery/47IG9GUYV1BD1344454806017.jpg?v=0 - homonculus

Here's the blog:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/104_Legendary_Item_Improvements-8_14_2012

Now we just need you guys to up the ILVL of MOST legendaries.

What use is this legendary to me if it lowers my DPS? Cool properties, but no one will use them.

Blizzard you're on the right track overall but there are some legendaries that will need tweaking, especially on the DPS values of offhands, weapons and ETC.

If we really need lower level legendaries.... make them overpowered. so it will be a worthwhile investment for most people progressing through the game.

It has to feel epic Blizzard, no room for failure. Make these items OP.

Thank you.
Edited by FruitVendor#2561 on 8/14/2012 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the 2 handers with 200% crit damage plus a socket is sick. just plain sick
Reply Quote
View profile
^ that's true but the 2 items I linked up there are not. And these are the favorites of D2 players, the buriza and homonculus. They are not cool enough.

Fix this Blizz.
Reply Quote
can a lvl 40 crossbow have more DPS than that?

i don't know about mojos so i'm not sure there, but i don't recall seeing a more powerful lvl 40 crossbow with those stats.
Reply Quote
View profile
^ But how long will you use a level 40 crossbow before it starts to lose its value? Hell mode needs at least level 50 so it will be useless after nightmare.
Reply Quote
Yeah you have a point, but I think the issue is more-so the entire stat system being so different from D2... where you could actually use Buriza into high levels there and do well.

Ultimately I think we'll have to take what we can here, and it's pretty decent!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The homonculus is pretty much just as bad as the current legendaries. I don't get it.

Cooldown reduction on abilities that shouldn't have cooldowns? 28-51 damage? Not level 63?

lol
Reply Quote
They just added flashy graphics and called it a day, and everybody bought into it.

Just like the profiles that were totally useless and didn't fix the game, the same thing is going to happen with this patch.
Reply Quote
They just added flashy graphics and called it a day, and everybody bought into it.

Just like the profiles that were totally useless and didn't fix the game, the same thing is going to happen with this patch.

then quit , go somewhere else. Why do you come here to just complain, go play something else, go outside, go mow anything
Reply Quote
Those are bad examples.

I would think item level will scale the DPS.

If they are item lvl 62 or above, they will have the DPS that is necessary to compete with rares.

The items you listed were 57 and 40.
Edited by Intrepidus#1362 on 8/14/2012 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I read in the blog post that Blizzard does not want to retroactively change legendaries because they may roll worse. Why not give users the choice? When the 1.0.4 patch is deployed, give users the choice of whether they want to "change" their old legendaries to new legendaries!
Reply Quote
View profile
Those are bad examples.

I would think item level will scale the DPS.

If they are item lvl 62 or above, they will have the DPS that is necessary to compete with rares.

The items you listed were 57 and 40.

No these are perfect examples that some legendaries will remain trashy despite the added cool graphic and cool property effect.

No one will use these because of the bad primary DPS modifier.

My other point is that most players are already in inferno so these items will lose value really fast.
Reply Quote
I think those legendaries do fit Bliz's stated goal (in their post);
In 1.0.4 we've added a number of items that really fit into a niche skill kit. This can help people to branch out into less common builds by seeing this item and thinking, heck, why not give it a try? They may not have the highest DPS stats in the game, but they can help you play your class in new and interesting ways.

Based on the few examples they've shown they seem to be very much on the right track. Sure the items you've quoted may not be the best in slot/highest DPS but given the upcoming talent changes/buffs they should lead to some interesting possibilities.

While I'd love to see something like Goldskin with awesome stats that is a bad idea design wise. Why? Because it becomes the one piece of gear that everyone HAS to have. Much better to make trade offs, because then people have to make a decision.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Just because it's legendary still doesn't mean it has to be the best for that type of gear.
Reply Quote
GJ blizzard, I am 1 that is definitely excited too see these new changes.

Though some people wont be happy no matter what you do........
Reply Quote
View profile
08/14/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Ragnarokchu
Just because it's legendary still doesn't mean it has to be the best for that type of gear.

You're missing the point. They have to be at least better than vendor trash or blues. I would use a 50-150 dps mojo over the new homonculus any day, I don't care that it reduces the cooldown of my pets.

More substance, less style. Style has been addressed, and we agree it's cool but let's please make them VIABLE.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/14/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Macdiesel
Though some people wont be happy no matter what you do........

I'm happy don't get me wrong. I AM STOKED. I just want to cite some last minute criticisms of the new system before it goes live.
Reply Quote
I think its too early to be complaining about the offhand. Go back and read the first post (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923456/104_Systems_Preview-8_10_2012) about 1.0.4 changes, in particular this snippet:

Would buffing the skill increase or decrease build diversity? Some skills when buffed cause other skills to become obsolete, so there’s a net decrease in build diversity - we’re more careful with those. Other skills, when buffed, add to the total pool of appealing skills, which increases build diversity. The most obvious example here is the Witch Doctor Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan, which are both receiving significant improvements in 1.0.4.

Now start thinking synergies. If they're buffing the "pet" side of the Witch Doctor maybe that offhand (even with lacklustre main stats) starts to become a lot more attractive. And thats where we go back to trade-offs. If the main stats are freakin awesome then combined with the other benefits it pushes the pet doctor + offhand into being the must use build. Which they're trying to avoid. Its about extra choices not a single hands down must play.
Reply Quote
08/14/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Ragnarokchu
Just because it's legendary still doesn't mean it has to be the best for that type of gear

This. Or else everyone will go after the same itens and there won't be build difversity. Just like diablo 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]