Diablo® III

Enrage timer removed in 1.04

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923456/104_Systems_Preview-8_10_2012

TL;DR version below

- removed enrage timer on rare/champ monsters
- monster health stacks a straight 75% instead of 75/85/95/110%
- MF stat is independent instead of avg on the number of players
- rare/champ monsters health reduced by 10-25%
- rare/champ monster become weaker and normal monster become stronger (not sure if that implies a damage reduction)
- fire chain and shield will be adjusted
- buff some unused skills
Edited by ricerocket#1255 on 8/10/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL they are nerfing this straight down into the mud, thats ridiculous now i gotta rush to beat inferno before this patch hits. After 1.04 im going to be able to beat this playing with my elbows.
Reply Quote
Getting rid of enrage timers to only champ/elite packs. Not bosses.
Reply Quote
- removed enrage timer on rare/champ monsters
Don't care about this one. Wasn't too difficult to keep track of them, reset or restart.

- monster health stacks a straight 75% instead of 75/85/95/110%
Like this, now 4 player can be efficient.

- MF stat is independent instead of avg on the number of players
Love this. 4 player gold runs are now viable.

- rare/champ monsters health reduced by 10-25%
Unsure on this. At lvl60 you could out gear this but I guess it will alow lower DPS builds to be viable.

- rare/champ monster become weaker and normal monster become stronger (not sure if that implies a damage reduction)
Like this one. They are also up`ing normal monster chance for magic/rare drops.

- fire chain and shield will be adjusted
To bad.. fire chains, shielding and invuln were fun affixes because of their difficulty.

- buff some unused skills
More builds, +1

- Invuln is gone.
Sucks.
Reply Quote
- Level 61-62 weapon's damage can roll as high as level 63s
Now start buying those unwanted weapon design plan!
Edited by Bubukun#6778 on 8/10/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Congratulations WoW players, your cries and tears have made this possible!!..... nerfs incoming!

Going to have to beat Diablo for sure by this patch, no point to play after as bragging rights will be expired..
Reply Quote
I just hope that with the buff to coop, there will be more public games. Not everyone has a friends list full of people with level 60 HC characters...

I always thought that enrage timers on non-bosses was a poor concept because if you spend 10 minutes fighting a pack you are already punished enough via the extra risk of death and the time you lose killing things.
Reply Quote
A lot of great changes. Only reason to pick up 61 and 62 weapons currently is the chance to roll level reduced, which makes them worth millions. The elite rage timer removal and coop improvements will especially benefit hardcore.
Reply Quote
Just seems like WoW easy mode to me =( ....ZzzzZzZzZzZzZzzzz
Reply Quote
The game has been out for basically 3 months and to my knowledge no DH or Wizard has soloed their way through inferno in HC. 10 million copies and no one! I think that says some skill buffs, balancing, and a couple nerfs are in order. My only concern is that any one of these things seems fine with me but combining more gear, easier champs, much better weapon drops, buffed skills...they may have gone too far.
Reply Quote
Edited by Jin#1832 on 8/12/2012 4:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not a fan of this change because better alternatives were available.

1. Bosses are still an arbitrary DPS check because their "unavoidable damage" enrage mechanic is still in place.
2. Instead of nerfing champs / etc by removing enrage timers, they could have replaced the current enrage timers, which many, many players hate, with enrage timers that are actually enjoyable, like boss buffs or a new attack or adds or something like that.

Enrage timers had the potential to add some spice to the game. But, Blizzard implemented them in a way that was guaranteed to make many players hate them because unavoidable damage is a lazy, lame, and boring mechanic. Unfortunately, rather than re-visit how enrage timers were implemented their apparent intention is to stick with a binary choice between "unavoidable damage" or "no enrage mechanic."

It's disappointing and hopefully they'll do a re-think about this at some point in the future.
Edited by candlelight#1376 on 8/10/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 12:16 PMPosted by candlelight
because unavoidable damage is a lazy, lame, and boring mechanic

I agree. It would be more fun if the enrage mechanic greatly increased your risk of dying, but didn't guarantee it. I feel like the Lords of Hell should tolerate you chipping away at them for a while, but when they realize they're actually in danger of being defeated they pull out the big guns. Like you said, could have added spice to the game by creating enrage timers that were interesting and unique in some way.

It might actually be fun to play with the boss during the enrage a little, or make a 4 person party in hardcore co-op and see who could live the longest against an enraged Skeleton King.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Mooch
because unavoidable damage is a lazy, lame, and boring mechanic

I agree. It would be more fun if the enrage mechanic greatly increased your risk of dying, but didn't guarantee it. I feel like the Lords of Hell should tolerate you chipping away at them for a while, but when they realize they're actually in danger of being defeated they pull out the big guns. Like you said, could have added spice to the game by creating enrage timers that were interesting and unique in some way.

It might actually be fun to play with the boss during the enrage a little, or make a 4 person party in hardcore co-op and see who could live the longest against an enraged Skeleton King.

Enrage timers do not guarantee dying. You can do all of P3 Belial while enraged. You can also stay up quite a while in Butcher's enrage even with mediocre gear, assuming you are a tank spec.

Seems like you already got what you wanted.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 09:15 AMPosted by SwordSurgeon
LOL they are nerfing this straight down into the mud, thats ridiculous now i gotta rush to beat inferno before this patch hits. After 1.04 im going to be able to beat this playing with my elbows.

I don't ask for that; just do it using White Items.
Reply Quote
Oh man........white fallen maniacs and dark berserkers don't need more damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]