Diablo® III

Xbox controller?

Considering there inst an official way to play with the controller, is it acceptable to do?

I'd hate to have my account banned because I prefer to play with a controller rather than taht of the mouse and keyboard.
Reply Quote
If it's just altering your control scheme and not the game, you're not going to get banned. So if you can get a controller to work, go ahead.
Reply Quote
I don't mean to be so prejudice

But I can't possibly imagine why anyone would want to play Diablo 3 with a freaking controller.

That is just so beyond me.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't see it working with anyone that wants to use directed attacks such as something like Hydra or Leap.
Reply Quote
Left stick moves you, right one would move the cursor. Then you have 8 buttons you could use for your abilities. Would be pretty easy and smooth.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would repost this in the tech support forums. You'll be much more likely to get a real answer.
Reply Quote
I've already played my barbarian using only a controller from scratch up to end of ACt2 on Inferno.
Reply Quote
Multiboxing?
Reply Quote
how is it a new trend? I remember playing regular nintendo with a controller in the early 90s.i agree that a controller is kind of a strange request but if its what you are used to, it makes sense. The main reason I like pc games over console is because consoles are just crappy computers with less options including how many buttons you can push.

I remember playing diablo 1 originally for playstation. Oh the first time i met that Deckard Cain. Rest in piece wise friend.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 12:31 PMPosted by ImpKing
To each his own my friend, new generations bring new trends.

how is it a new trend? I remember playing regular nintendo with a controller in the early 90s.

i agree that a controller is kind of a strange request but if its what you are used to, it makes sense. The main reason I like pc games over console is because consoles are just crappy computers with less options including how many buttons you can push.

this
Reply Quote
if you look at the blizzards jobs section there was an opening for head engineer in D3 for console design
Reply Quote
I seriously want too see someone do this.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 01:30 PMPosted by xNyudox
Left stick moves you, right one would move the cursor. Then you have 8 buttons you could use for your abilities. Would be pretty easy and smooth.

You only need to use one analog stick for movement and aim when you use spring action controls. I use my right analog stick for inventory management.

Basic movement for me is left analog stick + Holding A. Since I use spring action, I can instantly aim 360 degrees. And you can't really attack without your character stopping for a split second anyways.

If you use only one analog for gameplay, your right thumb is dedicated to ABXY and Start.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 8/10/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Snooginz
It's possible that Blizz might view a prog that maps keyboard to controller as an automation script. Be careful.

yeah that was kinda where I was headed with my questioning, it would appear as if I'm using a automation script, which would get me banned.

Has anyone have any experience playing with a controller and had no issues with blizz?
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 01:36 PMPosted by p00f
I seriously want too see someone do this.

I believe there is a few vids on you tube showing people using a 360 controller, that was the beta though i believe.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 01:32 PMPosted by PantlessKrab
I would repost this in the tech support forums. You'll be much more likely to get a real answer.

yeah an official response would be nice to see if it is "legal" to do
Reply Quote
my friend plays with his ps3 controller.. its the same thing.. hes killed diablo inferno using his controller.. i hesitate to set my 360 controller up until i see something in blue.. i see it as a 3rd party software allowing you to change the play style of the game.. i dont see how this would give you an "unfair advantage" but its blizzards Warden bot defense you have to watch out for.. blizz has stated that they stand by Wardens decision and if you get banned you probably wont get it reversed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]