Diablo® III

Social Lobby- Preparation for 1.1 !

Wonderful patch 1.0.4 so far , But just ideas for the 1.1 Patch :

Diablo 3 desperately needs a better in game Chat system that will encourage group play.In the end this will encourage re-playability as playing with other personalities/classes is always something interesting.Showing what rewarding gear they got , etc... The current General Chat is Useless.

• Chat lobby with categorised fields, where you can also invite/inspect players.
  • Interface where you can view players avatar on that chat channel .
  • Group farming, Act 1 runs, Act 2 runs, Act 3 runs , act 4 runs etc ( Pvp etc).
  • This will encourage group play. I am so sick of doing runs solo.
  • Anti spam and time ban people who post the same message every few seconds.
  • -------------------

Quote from Kajuan

This is just what i was expecting:
    http://www.d3sanc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/diablo-3-battle-net-4.jpg

Let your thoughts be heard so CM's Can see. Ofc there will be more coding involved,but more money will be made on blizzards part 100% sure. Things like this sound so simple thus getting ignored then people put blame on stupid things that build frustration to this game. This is an essential fix for 1.0.4 Or 1.1

I Am Sick of Feeling Like some Farming Bot , who can't Chat with other people when my Friends are offline.

BUMP AND KEEP THIS POST ALIVE!, Ofc this is not the main reason why people quit but it makes things worse for the community. (Yes ok fix the game first, but let us know that you understand that the current chat system is flawed.)
    Edited by Quantium#1541 on 8/30/2012 7:27 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    group chat improvements have to be done. since there is no longer a massive lobby to pick which games you want to join or create your own game, they need to make it easier to communicate. they also need to improve in game chatting as well. i mean they sell Diablo III headsets for christ sake why not make it functional by allowing players to audio chat in the game.
    Reply Quote
    Exactly.... I believe implementing the chat lobby first, THEN adding audio would be a good idea. For some reason it always feels like there is no one in the general Chat.

Also the general chat layout is HORRIBLE. If only there was a lobby to inspect players etc.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    +1
    Reply Quote
    But you can inspect/invite players if they type something that is... Also more chat channels just = more channels for bots to spam on.
    And if Blizzard still has not found a way to stop bots from spamming I sure they never will.
    I do agree more easy access to more specific channels is a good idea though.
    Reply Quote
    But you can inspect/invite players if they type something that is... Also more chat channels just = more channels for bots to spam on.
    And if Blizzard still has not found a way to stop bots from spamming I sure they never will.
    I do agree more easy access to more specific channels is a good idea though.

There are countless of ways to ban bots of spamming with simple coding.

People who say the same words 2 times in a row for a certain duration. Get muted for X amount of time.

Bots who post gold sites will be banned from chat for X amount of days.

The reason there are bots on general is because there has been no time put into the chat system to remove any sort of spam.
    Edited by Quantium#1541 on 8/10/2012 1:18 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Yes!

+1

and free bump, this must be addressed!
    Reply Quote
    This is what the game needs.
    Why can't the developers understand that this will increase the longetivity of the game.
    Peopleld wou WANT to spend MONEY on the RMAH , so they can show people what they got.

It would make me log in just to talk to people , it would definaty improve the replayablitiy of this game.
    Reply Quote
    Reasons why games like Wow, GW2, Runescape, and a ton of other games are so addictive to some players is because socializing is part of human nature, and most are addicted to it.

I understand patch 1.0.4 will nerf certain aspect of the game , and add a bit of coding to classes etc....

But please developers at least put some effort into an aspect that will ADD NEW PLAYERS ..... make long term investments and hire good developers to do such coding .

You will make an extra $60 per player. + More RMAH transactions will occur.
    Edited by Quantium#1541 on 8/10/2012 1:33 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Yes this Thread def needs more attention... Then the troll posts on the forums..
    Reply Quote
    Agreed.
    And why does it take months to make /p and /g work?
    Reply Quote
    Agreed.
    And why does it take months to make /p and /g work?

To be honest.... if Blizzard wants to see any competition with GW2 , they defiantly need to fix this area of the game.

Most people play GW2 because ITS A SOCIAL GAME! You can walk around and COMMUNICATE with other players.
    I am quite surprised the CM's Didn't note the social problems to the developers.
    Edited by Quantium#1541 on 8/10/2012 1:47 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I also want this to gain the attention of the Community managers.

It must be addressed and forwarded to developers.
    Reply Quote
    I also want this to gain the attention of the Community managers.

It must be addressed and forwarded to developers.

Thank you ! I feel the same way !
    Reply Quote
    I'll check this thread to give you a deserved bump =), seems most people are attracted to others who troll on the forums instead.
    Edited by OnlyYou#1850 on 8/10/2012 2:09 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Create an internal IRC server. IRC worked wonders for D2. Why not implementing it?
    Players can create channels for trading, finding games. Socializing, guilds.. etc.
    And Blizz can police it.
    Reply Quote
    What I find funny is that D2 actually had a better social system than a game released 11 years later. We have more social interaction then we ever had so it's not like they are short on ideas.
    Reply Quote
    Create an internal IRC server. IRC worked wonders for D2. Why not implementing it?
    Players can create channels for trading, finding games. Socializing, guilds.. etc.
    And Blizz can police it.

IRC is so 1999, we should have a fully fictional ingame lobby system, think Habbo hotel but diablo 3. Join a room name max 50 people which can be any of the towns which you chill with friends, trade,chat or go off on a set mission.

What diablo 3 has is a chat system that could have been ported over in an afternoon by a high school student.
    Reply Quote
    08/10/2012 02:24 PMPosted by OldSk00ler
    What I find funny is that D2 actually had a better social system than a game released 11 years later. We have more social interaction then we ever had so it's not like they are short on ideas.

Agree... If they don't place this on 1.0.4 , it needs to be implemented during the pvp patch...
    How do they expect us to find players? Spamming the forums?
    Edited by OnlyYou#1850 on 8/10/2012 2:36 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]