Diablo® III

North American Battle.net Account Update

Community Manager
As a precaution following our recent security update, players on North American servers please take a moment to visit Battle.net account management, where you will be prompted to change your security question as well as update your Mobile Authenticator. There you'll also find helpful tips and an FAQ, as well as instructions on how to add additional layers of security to your account, including the Battle.net Authenticator or the Mobile Authenticator for those that aren't already using one.
Reply Quote
I like the new security questions, very original.

EDIT: It unfortunately remove the check mark for "Require an authenticator code every time you log in to the game." Make sure you check it after you finish updating.
Edited by TenFiftySix#1213 on 8/15/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update.
Reply Quote
I can't remember my second pet ?!?!?
Reply Quote
View profile
done and done
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Rogue
Lylirra, it appears that SMS is not working still. Can we get an update on this? I haven't been sent any text messages about the changes I made.
Reply Quote
Are you serious? I wasn't asked when I logged into my account. What is this, discrimination?
Reply Quote
By all that is holy, what about the wizards?!
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 04:18 PMPosted by TenFiftySix
I like the new security questions, very original.

Even better for when they get stolen again to ensure you now can't use any real answer on any website for your security question.
Reply Quote
If I have a physical authenticator do I need to worry?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
08/15/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
There you'll also find helpful tips and an FAQ, as well as instructions on how to add additional layers of security to your account, including the Battle.net Authenticator or the Mobile Authenticator for those that aren't already using one.

Or you can just make sure you dont get hacked?
As long as i dont go to any gold farming sites, or shader than usual xxx sites i cant fathom how my insane passwords can get hacked.
Im just annoyed your system got pwned and i had to make sure my Blizz passwords were only being used on Blizz stuff.

With all the trouble i read about Authenticators i am not putting that app on my iPhone. For all I know that can be as broken as D3 was when you shipped it
Reply Quote
Yeah, I got to the part where is asks me to request a new serial and it constantly times out and says try later and I've hit retry several times over the past hour, but it keeps timing out.

There's no way to do anything other than hit the retry button, so it prevents me from logging in to play, thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, I got to the part where is asks me to request a new serial and it constantly times out and says try later and I've hit retry several times over the past hour, but it keeps timing out.

There's no way to do anything other than hit the retry button, so it prevents me from logging in to play, thanks.

Congrats you found the new level!
Reply Quote
For all of you having all this trouble with the mobile authenticator, you should look up what WinAuth is. =)
Reply Quote

Congrats you found the new level!

apparently *sulks*
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Garath
By all that is holy, what about the wizards?!

this
Reply Quote
When are people who don't log into the forums / battle.net going to be notified about the security breach?

How will they know to take action?
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
As a precaution following our recent [url="http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html"]security update[/url], players on North American servers please take a moment to visit [url="http://www.battle.net/account/management/security/security-action-info.html"]Battle.net account management[/url], where you will be prompted to change your security question as well as update your Mobile Authenticator. There you'll also find helpful tips and an FAQ, as well as instructions on how to add additional layers of security to your account, including the Battle.net Authenticator or the Mobile Authenticator for those that aren't already using one.

Never knew I had a security question on bnet hehe
Reply Quote
Done and thanks for the heads up:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]