Diablo® III

North American Battle.net Account Update

So you have to detach your mobile first?? Because when prompt it me the......first and 2nd code from my mobile did not work at all. I was forced to detach.
Edited by Aldhogg#1622 on 8/15/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
question, I went to account management page (link above) and said that my mobile authenticator is already updated though I haven't done anything yet, also it was stated that I shouldn't change my security question. Was this intended?
Reply Quote
As a precaution.

For some reason, comments are disabled here on the link below.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6983564/North_American_Battlenet_Account_Update_-8_15_2012

To test the worth of the secret question/answer, I just changed a password on one of my Microsoft accounts by using only the account associated email address and my secret question/answer. (No email check Ladies and Gentlemen.)

Both of which were compromised according to the 'security update.'

Now, don't get me wrong, I use different login passwords for each and every site I visit. But, secret questions/answers are more or less static for many users.

But, for fear of sounding redundant, I was able to change the password on another one of my online accounts by having only my secret question/answer and the associated email address...
Edited by HolyOutlaw#1580 on 8/15/2012 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 05:34 PMPosted by gnaungayan
question, I went to account management page (link above) and said that my mobile authenticator is already updated though I haven't done anything yet, also it was stated that I shouldn't change my security question. Was this intended?

+1

Was also informed by the account management page that my mobile authenticator is already updated, and I don't need to change my security question/answer.

I can't see anywhere in the security/account management to change my secret answer either.
Reply Quote
what's 1st auth code and 2nd auth code ??
Reply Quote
ok, i just did this, but unfortunately i did not get a new restore code. Now I have the new authenticator on my iPad, but can't get it to work on my iPhone. Anyone has a similar problem? or even better, a solution for this?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up Blizzard. :)
Keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
As a precaution following our recent [url="http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html"]security update[/url], players on North American servers please take a moment to visit [url="http://www.battle.net/account/management/security/security-action-info.html"]Battle.net account management[/url], where you will be prompted to change your security question as well as update your Mobile Authenticator. There you'll also find helpful tips and an FAQ, as well as instructions on how to add additional layers of security to your account, including the Battle.net Authenticator or the Mobile Authenticator for those that aren't already using one.

As an internet security expert... guess who I think is the weakest link in this process.

no really, guess.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 05:47 PMPosted by LuckyPham
what's 1st auth code and 2nd auth code ??

It is just asking you for 2 authentication numbers from the authenticator. Just like if you were to have ask for authenticator code every time you login.
Reply Quote
I received a Diablo 3 phishing email today from the address I use on BNET. That has never happened before, so I assume someone got my addresss from the security breach. Fortunately I use an authenticator. I just went through the security update process. No issues with the same email and password on other sites; I don't do that as it is extremely weak security.
Reply Quote
As a precaution following our recent [url="http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html"]security update[/url], players on North American servers please take a moment to visit [url="http://www.battle.net/account/management/security/security-action-info.html"]Battle.net account management[/url], where you will be prompted to change your security question as well as update your Mobile Authenticator. There you'll also find helpful tips and an FAQ, as well as instructions on how to add additional layers of security to your account, including the Battle.net Authenticator or the Mobile Authenticator for those that aren't already using one.

As an internet security expert... guess who I think is the weakest link in this process.

no really, guess.

It's the user storing information on unsecured systems. ;P
Edited by HolyOutlaw#1580 on 8/15/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lylirra, I Changed did as you instructed but now I got banned from the Real Money Auction house.. My items and such are still there .. Please how do i Fix this issue?
Reply Quote
View profile
Upon changing my secret Q&A:

Secret Question and Answer secure
Your secret question and answer do not have to be changed.

Uhh but you asked me to change it? And it did? Weird message.

I checked just now it did change. But why does the message with the green check say I didn't have to change it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It really doesn't matter what "original" security questions are available since you should not be using correct answers for these anyways. Always use enigmatic entries that have nothing to do with the security questions.
Edited by BlueJin91#1910 on 8/15/2012 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 04:23 PMPosted by M6412N412D
I can't remember my second pet ?!?!?

LOL! Can't stop laughing..
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/15/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Happyellen
There you'll also find helpful tips and an FAQ, as well as instructions on how to add additional layers of security to your account, including the Battle.net Authenticator or the Mobile Authenticator for those that aren't already using one.

Or you can just make sure you dont get hacked?
As long as i dont go to any gold farming sites, or shader than usual xxx sites i cant fathom how my insane passwords can get hacked.
Im just annoyed your system got pwned and i had to make sure my Blizz passwords were only being used on Blizz stuff.

With all the trouble i read about Authenticators i am not putting that app on my iPhone. For all I know that can be as broken as D3 was when you shipped it

I've seen players visit honestly legitimate sites that use ad networks for their internet revenue get malicious payloads delivered via those ads. Being "safe" is much like using a condom during sex - it helps protect against the bad stuff, but is never 100% safe.

As for the authenticators, they're most certainly not broken. They work remarkably well, assuming you don't let every Tom, Dick, and Harry use your phone. And they're required if you ever want to use the RMAH.
Reply Quote
Upon changing my secret Q&A:

Secret Question and Answer secure
Your secret question and answer do not have to be changed.

Uhh but you asked me to change it? And it did? Weird message.

I checked just now it did change. But why does the message with the green check say I didn't have to change it.

I would guess it's just the system's redundancy.
Reply Quote
No answer for me so far? Great job Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Blizzard asked me to change my authenticator and security questions, when i followed the link, it said that there's nothing needs to be updated???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]