Diablo® III

North American Battle.net Account Update

Do I have to change password details when Im on US server as an Aussie?
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 05:40 PMPosted by d1mebag
question, I went to account management page (link above) and said that my mobile authenticator is already updated though I haven't done anything yet, also it was stated that I shouldn't change my security question. Was this intended?

+1

Was also informed by the account management page that my mobile authenticator is already updated, and I don't need to change my security question/answer.

I can't see anywhere in the security/account management to change my secret answer either.

any advice on this? I got the same thing.
Reply Quote
It says I don't have to change my security info. But I want to change them, any way I can force it?
Reply Quote
Is this new security update the reason why the game is suddenly dropping people like flies with 3007 errors in the character menu?

"Sorry, we disconnected you because our auction house was taking too long to load."
Reply Quote
I followed the steps to reset my question/android authenticator and I am now getting a message saying that I am banned from the RMAH... Has this happened to anybody else?
Reply Quote
This thing is buggy & punishes players who want to be secure. It actually causes more stress & bugs. I've been seeing reports too of RMAH being unusable after. Apply at your own risk.

This is not acceptable. Fix this.
Reply Quote
Maybe you could add a discription as to why there is two authenticator codes! I dont have 2 codes on my authenticator, nor do i have 2 authenticators? is the 2nd code for the new authenticator, and if so where the hell do i get that?
Reply Quote
Blizzard, this is serious. You have to improve right now your security if you don't want to lose more customers. My account has just been locked??!! Seriously? Just trying to play and while logging in a message appears telling me that I need to change AGAIN my password because it seems that my account has been compromised??!! This is... sad... online only because is much more secure to players... yeah right...

It's just so wrong... I'm really disappointed...

And even worse is the way of how are you handling these problems. Just saying sorry isn't enough. Can't imagine how many people don't even know anything about all of these security problems and you are happily telling us some info of a new patch??!!
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 09:38 PMPosted by UrScrewed
Maybe you could add a discription as to why there is two authenticator codes! I dont have 2 codes on my authenticator, nor do i have 2 authenticators? is the 2nd code for the new authenticator, and if so where the hell do i get that?

You need to type in one code, wait for authenticator screen to clear, get a new code and type it in real quick, and hit enter.

The requirement to enter 2 codes to remove an authenticator, is to protect your account, in case your computer is infected with the Man in the Middle Trojan.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 09:38 PMPosted by UrScrewed

what they want here.

put in code 1 when you open it, then go to code 2, wait for the green bar to complete and give you a second code. enter second code on line 2. how i did it.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, this is serious. You have to improve right now your security if you don't want to lose more customers. My account has just been locked??!! Seriously? Just trying to play and while logging in a message appears telling me that I need to change AGAIN my password because it seems that my account has been compromised??!! This is... sad... online only because is much more secure to players... yeah right...

It's just so wrong... I'm really disappointed...

And even worse is the way of how are you handling these problems. Just saying sorry isn't enough. Can't imagine how many people don't even know anything about all of these security problems and you are happily telling us some info of a new patch??!!

Has there been any change in in your access pattern? Change in location, logging in on a different computer, logging in at a different time then usual, change in IP, using wireless internet or WiFi?
Reply Quote
F*ck! My account just got hacked. Someone changed my battle.net email acoount!
I looked at my Character profile and the items are still intact!
Trying to contact blizzard now!
Reply Quote
And they are currently closed! >.< WTH!
Reply Quote
WTH Blizz! Last week when you notify us about changing our password, I changed it!
Now WTH! I still got hacked and I can't retrieve my account because your CS is closed!? Jeez.
I'l have to wait for 8hrs!? Till when? When my char gets wiped!?
Reply Quote
All you will need to do is fill out the Account Recovery Form: https://us.battle.net/account/support/account-recovery.html Customer support is 24/7, it is only phone support that isn't.
Reply Quote
Thank you! Trying this one now.
Reply Quote
Since the hacker changed my email login I cannot recover my account it says
"This e-mail/name combination does not exist."
Reply Quote
When I try to update my mobile authenticator it tells me the network is offline. Now I can log in perfectly fine without my authenticator, which keeps repeating the error message "Network error. Please try again later".

It's pretty funny that the prompt to make my account more safe has removed the safety feature... WTH?
Reply Quote
Since the hacker changed my email login I cannot recover my account it says
"This e-mail/name combination does not exist."

OK look at the top of this page, see the bar in upper right hand corner? See the button that says support with a blue check mark. Click on that and open a support ticket. Select "I got hacked." Give as much detail as you can about it. Do not pay attention to Ticket times, it is for average ticket, and hacks reports get priority. Then you should follow up with a call to account service/billing when they open in the AM
Edited by Ewing#1365 on 8/15/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]