Diablo® III

Monk 1.04 Solution: Passive Spirit regen

Blizzard if you are listening...Monks would benefit the MOST from giving us PASSIVE SPIRIT REGEN! (or significantly buffing spirit generators)

Being resource starved pigeonholes us into using so many defensive "mandatory feeling" passives/skills by DEFAULT lol. If we had a larger pool of resource we could dump our spirit on less used "gimmicky offensive monk-like" abilities rather than spamming mantras and keeping up sweeping winds.

I am sure that cooldown kiting is not what you envisioned for endgame Monks. Buffing the damage output for the lesser used abilities won't change a thing--they will still remain poor choices compared to the cookie cutter cyclone builds. Please consider giving us built in spirit generation! Having to gimp our spec by using a bad mantra, terrible passive and the weakest sweeping wind rune just for a little spirit regen is sacrificing TOO much and isn't viable.

Endgame pure DPS monks are way too homogenized. Crit/crit dmg/IAS/dex gear and the cookie cutter cyclone spec isn't cutting it. Where's the variety I ask? Give us monks some freedom of build diversity without having to regear. Allow passive spirit regen and take a good hard look at our passives. Give dual wielding a built in spirit regen, or add spirit regen to OWE passive (considering 99.9% of all monks have to use that).
Reply Quote
spirit regen would solve 90% of the problems. simply buffing damage on skills that are useless won't help.

+1 idea

I agree 100%. It also would be the simplest fix to implement
Reply Quote
I wish they would at least give monks some passive spirit regeneration over time without items or skills. I want to be able to regenerate spirit out of combat even if it is just 1 spirit per second baseline.
Reply Quote
08/16/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Grimmig
I wish they would at least give monks some passive spirit regeneration over time without items or skills. I want to be able to regenerate spirit out of combat even if it is just 1 spirit per second baseline.

This would be extremely helpful.

Barbarians, as the only other class to have to hit things for rage have abilities that can generate spirit out of combat. Not to mention a number of their abilities, like warcry, don't cost rage (and warcry generates it!). On the other hand, no spirit and no mantra? You have to find something to hit first unless you're wearing spirit regen gear.
Reply Quote
View profile
Spirit stones with 2+ spirit per second
2x Fist Weapons with 2.5 spirit per second

get some
Reply Quote
View profile

get some

OMG it's like this solution already exists in the game and the OP is a fool.

p.s. I have just one weapon with good spirit regen on it and find that to be more than enough.

this guy knows what up. having it on just ONE piece of gear makes all the difference.

instead of gaining no spirit when running to the next group you instead are constantly gaining spirit while not fighting so you are usually starting a fight with high/full spirit.
Reply Quote
its very hard to find a good helm/1h weapon that has spirit regen and decent stats.

such things go for A LOT of money.
Reply Quote
In addition to Spirit Stones and fist weapons with spirit regen, there is the Holy Beacon legendary amulet.

I do agree that having more items that can have spirit regen... possibly other legendaries? Would be nice.

Another alternative solution is as follows:

Crafted items, similar to Diablo 2, that you could make with certain stats, at multiple different pieces. And this could be applied to all the character classes.

Also helpful would be ilvl 63 spirit stones, to have a bit more spirit regen.
Reply Quote
View profile
its very hard to find a good helm/1h weapon that has spirit regen and decent stats.

such things go for A LOT of money.

my helm was 1 mil, my weapon was 6 mil

just gotta keep your eyes peeled
Reply Quote
+1

Monks should have at least 1 spirit/sec regen. they're monks afterall, they should be able to draw energy from within, or whatever...
Reply Quote
View profile
+1

Monks should have at least 1 spirit/sec regen. they're monks afterall, they should be able to draw energy from within, or whatever...

one thing i think monks need is a cooldown that gives them a surge of spirit. like a 1 minutes cooldown that totally fills up your spirit globe.
Reply Quote
Orrrrr an enrage type move that increases movement speed, attack speed, and spirit regen. Monk having to spec/equip to regen spirit is kind of lame. Not to the degree of a WD having to spec/equip to have their pets survive more than 1 hit. It's up there though.
Reply Quote
I agree with this. Monk was the first class I played, but abandoned quickly after because the resource mechanics on it seem so terrible. I feel the same way about the Wizard, because I'm forced to play a certain way.

My DH and Barb are the only classes I felt have got the resource system down proper.
Reply Quote

get some

Not really my style. I like a pure DPS playstyle. Im not going to sacrifice needed dps/resistance affixes for spirit regen gear. Don't get me wrong I can successfully get through the game with my Monk and farm super easily. My whole point is that passive spirit regen would open doors to new playstyles/specs/diversity.

As far as weapons-Most cyclone monks use a slow MH with high damage range so a fist isn't an option unless you weapon swap (which I won't do). It's not logical to gimp my DPS to hell in order to get some spirit regen. It should be a built in mechanic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]