Diablo® III

Hammer of the Ancient build

basically this build is almost same as tornado build, gear and some skills cause its a fury spender. from whirlwind, bash, and sprint i shift my skills to Hammer of the Ancient, Over Power, and Leap
this coming patch 1.04 increasing its base damage from 200% to 325%
skills are not final and testing what other skills will suit HOTA

heres my video and first try using this build and it works as a charm:

1st try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg5Yxdej2Oc&feature=youtu.be

diablo Inferno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-M4zwvXBJ4&feature=youtu.be

skill calculator: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZQPXRk!ZdY!bbcaYc

~under construction
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 8/20/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is a very popular build on Asian servers, known as Devil's Anvil.

I've got to assume you've seen it before, because "The Devil's Anvil" rune is not something i think people would pick out of the blue. Based on the tooltip, you'd have no idea that the slow effect ticked multiple times for LoH and was able to crit for fury return.

Anyway, it's a cool build. I tried this out a few days ago, but with my current gear Act 1 and 2 were a breeze (easier than tornado), but i have a real challenge with act3, act 4 and Whimyshire on high DPS mobs (electrified, desecrator, fire chains combos, etc.) because my LoH just can't keep up. It's doable, but I died a significant number of times to packs that i blow right through with double tornado.

This build is a little more of a gear check past Act 2 inferno.

Anyway, nice find.
Reply Quote
i love the damage of this skills i wonder how much damage i can do in 1.04 patch
Reply Quote
Elkarera, with your gear u can try whatever build you want! lol!

But I agree, tried this build last night and it was fun as hell, but in Act3 I´ve got some trouble with elites, died more than usual.

In Act2(pub games) it was easy until I got stuck in the corner with waller arcane... =)
Reply Quote
Is it just me or does the Revel rune suck balls? It never hits anyone and ranged mobs are a pain
Reply Quote
In Act2(pub games) it was easy until I got stuck in the corner with waller arcane... =)

you dont have WOTB skills?

Is it just me or does the Revel rune suck balls? It never hits anyone and ranged mobs are a pain

thats why i use leap for long range mobs
Reply Quote
Yeah I do, but the wall was created under me... couldn´t move... the pink laser poped next to me so I took all damage, couldn´t do anything.

Actually, it´s been happening a lot lately... wallers(specially in keep´s breach) just pop walls under me and I can´t move.
Reply Quote

you dont have WOTB skills?

thats why i use leap for long range mobs

I've tried that and by the time I land they just run away. Things like those fat mages and quill rats they just keep running man.
Reply Quote
I've tried that and by the time I land they just run away. Things like those fat mages and quill rats they just keep running man.

Devils anvil rune slows enemy by 60%, before he run away spam 1 with HOTA
Reply Quote
i try Over Power with Revel rune w/c heal you 8% of your damage then use stormshield for full tank build. Crushing Advance rune is better for me specially to the Elites with Poison, Molten, Desecrator affix cause reflecting damage can heal you and trigger your LOH.
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 8/16/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
is it possible to DW for this build? or do you need a shield?
Reply Quote
08/16/2012 09:00 PMPosted by akamon
is it possible to DW for this build? or do you need a shield?

I DW this build, found it made it a lot better because it was easy to get my attack speed up to 1.8 which makes your crits on the hammers just unreal after you pop the battle rage.

Also, after 1.0.4 this build is going to get even better! I'm thinking of trading the anvil rune for the Smash rune after it gets the buff. 406%? Yes plz.
Edited by Garath#1261 on 8/16/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
spanking Diablo by this build uploading video tomorrow
Reply Quote
I've been wanting to do a Hammer build, but with a 2hander. After the patch I'll look for a good new two hander with 5%+ LS and crit damage to try it again.
Reply Quote
Diablo Inferno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-M4zwvXBJ4&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
i cant continue with this build cause Over Power Crushing Advance is been NERF. cant stand in plaque, desecrator, molten elite.
Reply Quote
my post-1.04 hammer build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6397860606
Edited by Broseph#2259 on 8/23/2012 4:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 04:22 AMPosted by elkarera
i cant continue with this build cause Over Power Crushing Advance is been NERF. cant stand in plaque, desecrator, molten elite.

Also, Devil's Anvil rune is useless now too.

Build is dead came 1.0.4.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]