Diablo® III

Critical Mass Viable After Patch (Proof)

You haven't played this build in patch 1.04 so you know as much about it as I do at the moment. Elite nerfs, weapon buffs, OTHER WIZARD BUFFS you don't know ANYTHING about. Just use common sense. The information is there.

That's fair. But I think it is safe to assume that people who actually play this build know more about the mechanis of it better than you.

halving proc of Wicked Wind means that we get HALF as much LoH, half as much Arcane Power on Crit = half the damage.

To make this build work to what it is now will essentially mean

1400 LOH
30+ Arcane Power on Crit (impossible)
80% Crit chance. (impossible)

Lets just say lets be conservative and have
1000 LOH
50% crit Chance
30 Arcane power on crit.

..but you are forgetting you want at least 20k DPS, 800 all resist,8000 armor.

nerfing elites is a welcomed changed...but its not the damage of the elites that matters for this build, its that constant UPTIME of Diamond Skin.

tell me this... when the patch comes out, how many of us will have that new shiny legendary that they speak off. so basically, what you're telling me is that for this build to work, i need a SPECIFIC ITEM. So to "promote build diversity" they make use specific gear.

Yes, crits dont all come from twisters. but the crit from EB (i think its 11%) is way way less and contributes less substantially in reduction of cooldowns. besides, you only cast EB once you have the chain going, otherwise you cant even sustain your AP.

whatevers, im not crying about it. ive already started developing my CM/meteor build. adapt. im just so over people saying get over it and preaching nonsense specially if they know nothing about this build...like you..as well as the others who dont even have a wiz.

I do have a wiz and have been testing new way around this build since the nerf, and I DO know what i'm talking about. You are adapting as you should, which is ALL I am saying. The CM build will still work. Diamond Skin will be up all the time and I can't for the life of me figure out why you think that it wouldn't. Also, we saw a single legendary. Most high level players should be able to come by a few legendaries, or they are doing it wrong. I'm talking one single legendary with a nice proc and how it can potentially and in THEORY make you godlike.

lmao you need do more digging or you just dig your own grave. Make sure what pple is talking about the nerf 50% mean b4 speaking out from your behind lol.

ps. give clue to your clueless head 50% = 1/8 chance every WW is crit to activate CM to reduce our most use skill to 1sec FN/DS. 1/8 from 1/4 there the 50% pple mean get it lmao

I only read up to the "make sure i know what im talking about" and I certainly do. the proc co went from .25 to .125, meaning half, on one power. People are pretending that they will now have a total crit rate of half when in reality it will be higher than that depending on the powers you are using. Also, if we are talking overall effectivness, once again inferno is getting nerfed, other powers are getting buffed, legendaries are getting buffed. Just one procing legendary could in theory make you a god with this build. Shielding proc...seriously??

You want reality, go retest at act 3 or 4 and then come back telling it ok?? lol\
Your test on act1 is so nubish to even counts as credibility.

from 1/4 to 1/8 does count toward wizard instant death bc:

DO NOT PROC CRITICAL MASS- less DS/FN our survival skill it kicks in
Did you seriously posted a vid of a CM wiz in act 1 to try to prove your point?

Wow...
Currently finding gear to test in Act 2 next
08/16/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Alexandros
Why do people WANT their OP build to be destroyed so badly just so they can keep the rage fit up? Aside from the fact that builds like this and Whirlybarb have been part of the diversity problem and I revel in the fact that other skills will be buffed to replace their dominance (kinda hoping for Whirlybarb to get reduced in effectiveness some as well), I've gotta admit that in some way I do feel almost sorry for the folks that thought they were riding the easy wave under the guise of somehow being more skilled than everyone else, only to find that they might be back at square one and the drawing board after all those OP builds get brought back down to Earth. =)

You are one of about five sensible people on the entirety of these fora. There are too many crying wizards who play poorly and don't understand mathematics; they are cluttering up the fora with crybaby threads about how the .125 coefficient won't keep them alive through molten/desecrator/arcane/plagued. If good players are complaining about it, then they are lazy. If anyone else is complaining about it, it's because they are either lazy, bad, or bad at math.

Blizz is so right on the money with this I can't even believe it. They are nerfing everything else about wizards. Since I already absolutely melt Act III in mediocre gear, I will be farming that much more efficiently post patch. I relish that; I'll enjoy it while it lasts. When my build starts to be seen as OP (it might) and gets nerfed, I'll adjust. I have changed spec so many times in this game already, purely out of wanting to shake things up for myself, experience a new play style, or just make myself a better player. Some of you wizards should try it - your CM/WW gear is pretty amazing for any other spec you'd want to play as well. I gear the same way and /gasp! I'm a kiter.

This is the second time in two days that my wall of text has crit every CM/WW wizard's nuts and procced my real life Critical Mass and reduced the cool down on my ability to be sensible and to present at least a semi-valid viewpoint and some spiritual guidance to other wizards, all the while without getting frustrated. It's on cool down now, so my next post will probably be a troll.

Anyway, "I love everybody, let's talk about some music HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH this is a maaaaaaaaaan's woooooooooorld"

/signed

TEH BAIBAI
Failed to take into consideration the halfed proc LoH. Crit makes no difference there. Act 1 can be done with no LoH. And normal mobs freeze way longer than Elites
08/16/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Baibaiboo
Why do people WANT their OP build to be destroyed so badly just so they can keep the rage fit up? Aside from the fact that builds like this and Whirlybarb have been part of the diversity problem and I revel in the fact that other skills will be buffed to replace their dominance (kinda hoping for Whirlybarb to get reduced in effectiveness some as well), I've gotta admit that in some way I do feel almost sorry for the folks that thought they were riding the easy wave under the guise of somehow being more skilled than everyone else, only to find that they might be back at square one and the drawing board after all those OP builds get brought back down to Earth. =)

You are one of about five sensible people on the entirety of these fora. There are too many crying wizards who play poorly and don't understand mathematics; they are cluttering up the fora with crybaby threads about how the .125 coefficient won't keep them alive through molten/desecrator/arcane/plagued. If good players are complaining about it, then they are lazy. If anyone else is complaining about it, it's because they are either lazy, bad, or bad at math.

Blizz is so right on the money with this I can't even believe it. They are nerfing everything else about wizards. Since I already absolutely melt Act III in mediocre gear, I will be farming that much more efficiently post patch. I relish that; I'll enjoy it while it lasts. When my build starts to be seen as OP (it might) and gets nerfed, I'll adjust. I have changed spec so many times in this game already, purely out of wanting to shake things up for myself, experience a new play style, or just make myself a better player. Some of you wizards should try it - your CM/WW gear is pretty amazing for any other spec you'd want to play as well. I gear the same way and /gasp! I'm a kiter.

This is the second time in two days that my wall of text has crit every CM/WW wizard's nuts and procced my real life Critical Mass and reduced the cool down on my ability to be sensible and to present at least a semi-valid viewpoint and some spiritual guidance to other wizards, all the while without getting frustrated. It's on cool down now, so my next post will probably be a troll.

Anyway, "I love everybody, let's talk about some music HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH this is a maaaaaaaaaan's woooooooooorld"

/signed

TEH BAIBAI

I just looked at your current build, have you had any luck with that yet?
Some people still don't really understand, so I'll try to reinstate the OP's point.

Right now, he is demonstrating that with 11.5% critical hit chance, this build can still work, meaning that you are still able to spam WW without running out of AP, and you can still spam Diamond Skin/Chain Reaction/Frost Nova. That is the point of the build.
He is not trying to show how quickly he can kill monsters, or how much damage he can take, because he does not have good gear on purpose. This is because, once again, he is attempting to demonstrate that after the patch, when the proc is reduced by half, you can still spam your cooldowns.

He is purposely wearing only 11.5 crit, because this is equivalent to someone wearing 23 crit post-patch, in regards to WW's proc giving you AP and -1 second for your cooldowns.

Yes, he did showcase this in act 1, because the gear he was wearing was not suitable for act 3's damage, and it would take him forever to kill the monsters. For someone who actually has a WW specced character, whose crit chance is much higher (i.e. 35-50%), after the patch the procs of WW will be similar to that of a character now who only has 17.5-25% crit chance. Since he was able to spam skills with 11.5%, you should be fine.

Take note that since you are still able to spam your skills, your survivability won't change, and your DPS will not change. Remember that your crit is not changing, but the percent chance that a crit will proc a Arcane Power on Crit, and a Critical Mass is.

That's fair. But I think it is safe to assume that people who actually play this build know more about the mechanis of it better than you.

halving proc of Wicked Wind means that we get HALF as much LoH, half as much Arcane Power on Crit = half the damage.

To make this build work to what it is now will essentially mean

1400 LOH
30+ Arcane Power on Crit (impossible)
80% Crit chance. (impossible)

Lets just say lets be conservative and have
1000 LOH
50% crit Chance
30 Arcane power on crit.

..but you are forgetting you want at least 20k DPS, 800 all resist,8000 armor.

nerfing elites is a welcomed changed...but its not the damage of the elites that matters for this build, its that constant UPTIME of Diamond Skin.

tell me this... when the patch comes out, how many of us will have that new shiny legendary that they speak off. so basically, what you're telling me is that for this build to work, i need a SPECIFIC ITEM. So to "promote build diversity" they make use specific gear.

Yes, crits dont all come from twisters. but the crit from EB (i think its 11%) is way way less and contributes less substantially in reduction of cooldowns. besides, you only cast EB once you have the chain going, otherwise you cant even sustain your AP.

whatevers, im not crying about it. ive already started developing my CM/meteor build. adapt. im just so over people saying get over it and preaching nonsense specially if they know nothing about this build...like you..as well as the others who dont even have a wiz.

I do have a wiz and have been testing new way around this build since the nerf, and I DO know what i'm talking about. You are adapting as you should, which is ALL I am saying. The CM build will still work. Diamond Skin will be up all the time and I can't for the life of me figure out why you think that it wouldn't. Also, we saw a single legendary. Most high level players should be able to come by a few legendaries, or they are doing it wrong. I'm talking one single legendary with a nice proc and how it can potentially and in THEORY make you godlike.

you need get reality check is?? no one say CM not working it just not as active or even worth to mention. Will DS be up? yes it will doofy but not as active as b4. So sum up for you does this changes affect survival for wizard?? Yes? ok then it a nerf that we cant deny??

Go to act 3/4 test your minimum CC% stop coughing stuff out. lmao
08/16/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Grammatist
Failed to take into consideration the halfed proc LoH. Crit makes no difference there. Act 1 can be done with no LoH. And normal mobs freeze way longer than Elites

No i didn't. Any higher player should have AT LEAST twice as much LoH than I do.

Is this a joke?

Idiot.

Were we talking about your mother or a video game here?

you need get reality check is?? no one say CM not working it just not as active or even worth to mention. Will DS be up? yes it will doofy but not as active as b4. So sum up for you does this changes affect survival for wizard?? Yes? ok then it a nerf that we cant deny??

Listen your grammar is so messy I can barely understand what you are trying to say. Slow down and type something legible.
Act 1

nuff said
Some people still don't really understand, so I'll try to reinstate the OP's point.

Right now, he is demonstrating that with 11.5% critical hit chance, this build can still work, meaning that you are still able to spam WW without running out of AP, and you can still spam Diamond Skin/Chain Reaction/Frost Nova. That is the point of the build.
He is not trying to show how quickly he can kill monsters, or how much damage he can take, because he does not have good gear on purpose. This is because, once again, he is attempting to demonstrate that after the patch, when the proc is reduced by half, you can still spam your cooldowns.

He is purposely wearing only 11.5 crit, because this is equivalent to someone wearing 23 crit post-patch, in regards to WW's proc giving you AP and -1 second for your cooldowns.

Yes, he did showcase this in act 1, because the gear he was wearing was not suitable for act 3's damage, and it would take him forever to kill the monsters. For someone who actually has a WW specced character, whose crit chance is much higher (i.e. 35-50%), after the patch the procs of WW will be similar to that of a character now who only has 17.5-25% crit chance. Since he was able to spam skills with 11.5%, you should be fine.

Take note that since you are still able to spam your skills, your survivability won't change, and your DPS will not change. Remember that your crit is not changing, but the percent chance that a crit will proc a Arcane Power on Crit, and a Critical Mass is.

you know as of now act 1 and act 3 is not 2x as hard it 5x hard go goof somewhere else. There is reason why pple upset on this 50% coeffecient crap nerf.

You don't seem to understand the differences between Act I and Act III, currently.

There's a reason why he hasn't posted a video of him doing this stuff in Act III: that's because he simply can't.

This video proves nothing. Only that you can clear Act I with cheap, second-hand gear. Everybody knew that already.

I don't have access to Act III yet. /thread. But i'm working on it with some Act II in between.

Listen your grammar is so messy I can barely understand what you are trying to say. Slow down and type something legible.

lmao gtfo, this diablo 3 an game, they dont teach you english stop barking out your ars lol

OMG! SOMEONE UNDERSTOOD WHAT I WAS TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH HERE?!!!!
08/16/2012 12:08 PMPosted by roflcaust

No i didn't. Any higher player should have AT LEAST twice as much LoH than I do.

Were we talking about your mother or a video game here?

A mom joke. That's fresh and original.

Way to cut out the most important part of my post however.

And calling me an idiot unprovoked over a video game opinion is so "fresh and original".
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]