Diablo® III

Sacrifice Build

With the reduced cooldown on summon zombie dogs (60sec--->45sec) and the increased chance to summon a zombie dog from circle of life (5%--->30%), who will be making a Sacrifice Build? My favorite farming style in D2 was Necromancer Corpse Explosion. 5% chance to summon a dog on enemy death was just horrible, you needed a ton of mobs just to get the occasional resummon or you were waiting on a 60 second cooldown to get your dogs back. This was the original build I wanted to make but had to scrap it and roll barbarian because the witch doctor play style I wanted was so terrible. Plus putting on a shield and spamming darts just wasn't fun for me. My doctor was the first character I made, the one I had the greatest hopes for. Sadly it's the one I've played the least. Check my profile, he's just chillin, naked because I gave all his gear to a wizard I just leveled :(

GREAT CHANGES BLIZZ!!!!

Edit :Totally forgot to mention next of kin -- still found myself starving on dogs though :(
Edited by Fatvirgin#1387 on 8/21/2012 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
THIS GUY!
Reply Quote
Totally! With Grave Injustice + the 10% change to summon a dog with grasp, its going to own! (except for bosses, which it will still suck)
Edited by Carthorn#1793 on 8/21/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Carthorn
Totally! With Grave Injustice + the 10% change to summon a dog with grasp, its going to own! (except for bosses, which it will still suck)

OMFG I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT PATCH NOTE SOMEONE HOLD ME.

Also no one farms bosses so win!!!!
Edited by Fatvirgin#1387 on 8/21/2012 9:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The gear to sustain a sacrifice build will be very expensive as you will need a near perfect homunculus(assuming 20), a perfect helm(12?), and probably a really lucky roll on one of the unique amulets to get the CD of dogs down to sub 5 so that its semi spammable.

I'm also ASSUMING the reduction from Tribal Rites is applied last...

Oh and don't forget a big 2h weapon to gear swap for when you actually hit sacrifice as the homunculus damage is TRASH (according to posted picture in preview)

Now the dilema is...
which 3 of these 6 do you take?
gruesome feast, grave injustice, circle of life, zombie handler, tribal rites, spirit vessel
Reply Quote
I played a sacrifice build through NM, and it was a lot of fun, but it is (was) inconsistent.

I relied on Next of Kin and Devolution to keep a pretty steady stream of dogs, and would be able to pop sacrifice 6+ times per champ pack. The problem was keeping my dogs in range so that the sacrifice was actually worthwhile.

With more options for getting dogs, it seems more viable now, but I'm still concerned about the pet AI.

Oh and don't forget a big 2h weapon to gear swap for when you actually hit sacrifice as the homunculus damage is TRASH (according to posted picture in preview)

The homunculus in the picture, as far as I can tell, was at just about the minimum possible roll for a mojo currently in that ilvl range. I doubt we'll see any rocking 400+ top end damage, but I wouldn't rule out mid 200's for the top end, which isn't too bad.
Edited by Marruk#1608 on 8/21/2012 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 09:51 AMPosted by JookSingJai

o.O never thought of that. Please stop with your input, you are just making me want this work day to be over even more now :D
Reply Quote
I've wanted to make a 'sploding dog build since the beginning.

As people are mentioning, the grasp rune + CoL (with sufficient radius) will be a pretty steady (though inconsistent at times) stream of dogs. That is until you get to stuff that you can't kill quickly (mainly elites, bosses) then that will suck.

So I was thinking of the other option of going ZD cooldown reduction. Currently at 45 seconds. Let's say homono...however you spell it reduces to 25. Then a 9? 12? reduction from helm means down to 16. Someone mentioned it can spawn on amulets as well? So maybe sub 5 seconds? At that point you can spam them against bosses/elites or close to.

So, given the right gear, I personally would go

ZD w/ for the master rune (for the chance to drop health globes)
Sacrifice + damage rune (with sub 30 second ZD, this basically gives you either 15 or 20% increase damage at all times)
Gruesome feast passive

This way I'd have moderately spammable (if not spammable then the dogs serve as meat for the 5-20 seconds) 875 - 1100% weapon damage AoE that gives me 15 - 20% increased damage at all times with a chance for additional burst damage from gruesome feast (if the dogs drop health globes or other "natural" globe drops).

Just a thought
Reply Quote
Actually, Rites reduces it (45) by 25% (33.75). + my 18 sec homunculus and my ridiculously overpriced 9 sec helm (highest roll, I believe) bring it down to 6.75 secs. That's 4 dogs of 275% damage over 6.75 secs, with the 35% chance to spawn another from each.

So (4*275*1.35)/6.75 = 220% weapon dmg per sec. Was excited at first, but doesn't really seem viable :/
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398610140

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Styx-1395/hero/703272
Reply Quote
This is a very viable build. Check this out:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413132726#1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]