Diablo® III

Worth crafting weapons in 1.04?

Been wanting to get into the crafting game for some time, but recipes seemed very expensive for 6 prop armors. Do you guys think weapons will be viable for crafting now?
Reply Quote
nope. not gonna be possible to roll lvl 63 affixes, only 63 base damage.

edit: altho you might be able to drop a bunch of nice 2hs on the ah before the supply of natural drops catches up
Edited by Gewalt#1441 on 8/20/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No. Your chances of rolling even remotely good damage is still as minescule and pathetic as it ever was.

That and the stat rolls on 61 and 62 still suck.
Reply Quote
View profile
All based on luck, so you're still better off farming for weapons rather than crafting them.
Reply Quote
Except perhaps the legendary items!
Reply Quote
yeah what do you guys think of the ilvl 61 legendary craftables (i.e. ruinstoke, venomhusk)
Reply Quote
Crafting weapons sucks because you HAVE to hit 4 affixes, maybe 5 (2 of +dmg, elemental dmg or, +min and max dmg, a socket, either LoH or Crit dmg (or both), and usually want main stat), to make it even close to viable before you even factor in how high you roll on those affixes. However, when you do hit its worth a lot, especially since 90% of this game revolves around your weapon.

I still don't think its worth it unless you have enough of a bank account to take into account !@#$ty luck...

Legendary weapons should be much more viable to craft since they said they will always roll +dmg stats i think?
Edited by Similli#1757 on 8/20/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, considering we haven't even seen them yet, I'm still holding out hope they did *something* to make 6-prop ilvl62 weapons worth crafting, like armor currently is.
Reply Quote
nope. not gonna be possible to roll lvl 63 affixes, only 63 base damage.

edit: altho you might be able to drop a bunch of nice 2hs on the ah before the supply of natural drops catches up

Perhaps I'll pick up a 2H recipe and give it a go.

08/20/2012 09:14 PMPosted by turnstiled
Well, considering we haven't even seen them yet, I'm still holding out hope they did *something* to make 6-prop ilvl62 weapons worth crafting, like armor currently is.

That's what I'd hoped as well.
Edited by Soulblade#1369 on 8/20/2012 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]