Diablo® III

Patch loop Issues & Fixes (Round 2)

Having both PC and Mac's in the house with clients on both. The path on MAC is \Applications\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\

On the MAC side, I assume to edit the files the best option is to open with Terminal. however which files need to be changed?

Open \Users\Shared\Battle.net\Agent
Open agent.db with text edit

Rest should be the same as above.
Reply Quote
thanks for the post.

could you have made this any more a pain in the a$$ blizzard?
Reply Quote
this is how it worked for me,

-open agent file in note pad
-press Ctrl + F that will open search window, type in 1119 and hit next, it will highlight the strings you need to change, just replace everything with US. There will only be 3 things you need to change
-save the file and enjoy the game

PS, its a good idea to copy Agent file to your desktop before you start making changes, so that if anything goes wrong you can use you original file.
Reply Quote
I changed the 4 SG entries to US by going to c:\program files\x86\diablo111\data.d3\pc\mpq's and renaming the 4 files. By using wordpad only 1 entry with enSG comes up. The game is now reloading 2.3 gig. Maybe being nearly 60 years old i should just give up, 3 hours trying to get this to work lol.
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 04:46 PMPosted by oldman54
I changed the 4 SG entries to US by going to c:\program files\x86\diablo111\data.d3\pc\mpq's and renaming the 4 files. By using wordpad only 1 entry with enSG comes up. The game is now reloading 2.3 gig. Maybe being nearly 60 years old i should just give up, 3 hours trying to get this to work lol.

You changed the wrong things mate>.<

Those are patch files and data files, the client now thinks they are missing so is redownloading them, you were meant to change this:

1. Open the file C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db (in wordpad)
2. Change all references of http://enSG.patch.battle.net:1119/patch to http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch (save and close)
3. Run game client

If you change back what you did and do this it should work.
Reply Quote
Still can't get it to work. Don't feel like downloading the 8GB file.

There was another work-around from what I could recall that got my game going the other time when I had this same issue, you could paste some text into the 'D3Prefs.txt' located in the 'My Documents\Diablo III'

Does anyone have any info on that?
Reply Quote
Still can't get it to work. Don't feel like downloading the 8GB file.

There was another work-around from what I could recall that got my game going the other time when I had this same issue, you could paste some text into the 'D3Prefs.txt' located in the 'My Documents\Diablo III'

Does anyone have any info on that?

The D3Prefs.txt file is just your ingame settings like sound volume, if a cinematic has been played, screen res etc, I've never heard of anything to do with it that could fix the patch issue since it has no link to the patch server.

I tried having a look around and have delt with the patch loop a lot in the past but can't find anything, if you do please let me know.
Reply Quote
ok done, it is still downloading about 1 gig to go even though the status is "optimal" and the play button is clear to push i will wait until download is complete.
Thanks for your patience Narull.
One thing escapes me though,SG is using the US server so why all this trouble?
Reply Quote
Thank Narull, did a search myself. Might have been a different file.
Pretty sure it wasn't in the root Diablo 3 folder, but the D3Prefs file was the only one I could find in another location.

I do remember pasting lines and lines of patch server information (similar to the strings you see in Agent.db) and ports numbers. Will let everyone know if I stumble across it.
Reply Quote
ok done, it is still downloading about 1 gig to go even though the status is "optimal" and the play button is clear to push i will wait until download is complete.
Thanks for your patience Narull.
One thing escapes me though,SG is using the US server so why all this trouble?

Because the SG client links to the Asia patch server, the enSG client is meant for English speaking people who play on the Asia server, but you can still play on The Americas.
Reply Quote
8 gig down load!

Let me see, download the 8 gigs, bust my monthly cap wide open then play D3 on a shaped download limit for the rest of the month.

Guess I'll have to wait for all the servers to update then.

But a good and helpful post narull. Thank you for posting even though it's of little use to most of us aussies on limited monthly cap plans......
Reply Quote
so how many gig of data will it use to re-install the client? Im about to do it but dont want to use all my data before my month is up
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Willow
so how many gig of data will it use to re-install the client? Im about to do it but dont want to use all my data before my month is up

I think the guy above me just answered my question. Stuff that i cant afford 8gig when i only get 16gigs per month
Reply Quote
Yes the whole client download is 8gig, I know it sucks.

The other method does work if your confident enough with changing the files, it's really not too hard, but yeah =(
Reply Quote
You think if Blizzard had a direct link to the Patches some of this would not be a Problem.
Reply Quote
Why do we have to do this in the first place. It should. just. work.
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Superdrive
Why do we have to do this in the first place. It should. just. work.

It's because we have the WRONG client, it does 'just work' if we have the right client(enUS) and play on the right server(The Americas).

Unfortunately a lot of people have the wrong client due to stores getting sent copies of the game with the wrong client or people mistakenly downloading the wrong client from blizzard.
Reply Quote
Am I going to have to download the new client, or if I wait will it it just fix it self like the last patch update did for me?
Reply Quote
yeah so, respect to the OP and other guy who posted the quick fix, but TEXT PADDING the agent file did not work (for me that is). If your having issues just uninstall the damn thing and start from scratch, all disco here now.

what a pain that was.
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Superdrive
Am I going to have to download the new client, or if I wait will it it just fix it self like the last patch update did for me?

If you wait it will fix itself in time, but you will have the same issue every time there is a patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]