Diablo® III

Patch loop Issues & Fixes (Round 2)

08/21/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Narull
If you wait it will fix itself in time, but you will have the same issue every time there is a patch.

I see thanks. Really annoying though.
Reply Quote
Can I install the new game client without uninstalling the old one?
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Glarnidus
Can I install the new game client without uninstalling the old one?

No you will have to uninstall the old one to install the new, its extremely simple to do so though.
Reply Quote
Roadside assistance: I suppose I'll try to ask this without offending the people who do put in the hard yards.

1) Does altering files without official (from Blizzard) patches or updates, change in any way the conditions of purchase or legal 'stuff' associated with user end agreements?

2) Due to the enUS/enEU issue with hard copy distribution in Australia, are we going to have to do this every time a patch or update is released?

Because I'm getting the impression that we (Australia/NZ) are figured as a statistic on an accountant's note pad (if that) where we may not be significantly financially viable to give them enough reason to make a patch/file change which 'some of us' would like an official fix to this issue, and yes I can make file changes, but I haven't seen the Blizzard stamp on any (do it yourself) fixes.

Cheers from the bustling backwoods in the heart of Sydney where we just got the leck'trickery put on.

PS; Appreciate the work & effort Narull & a few others put in to try & keep things running as smooth as can be under the conditions. Cheers
Reply Quote
SirDistic, the file changes I have done up and recommended are ok with blizzard, there has been blue posts on the tech support forums endorsing doing these changes and saying that doing so in no way makes us a target for any legal issues with the end user agreement.

I know I'm not a blue but I can guarantee that for you, if you trust me is up to you.

If you change your client to the enUS client then you will never have to do these changes again and it will work every time.

The problem is that blizzard can't make a fix official since they would have to release it via there patch servers which would force people to do it and some people are using the enSG client or such on purpose because they play on the different servers....if that makes sense...
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if it helps anyone, but I just ran the installer without uninstalling first. Might be a Mac thing though cause I'm playing on a Mac right now.

Late 2011 Mac pro 15 inch model and downloaded the US client from my account on blizz for some reference.
Edited by Hayaku#6122 on 8/21/2012 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just changed the Agent myself to US instead of SG and the game is updating,

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Fantastic help Narull. You need to be made an MVP!
Reply Quote
Changed the .db file as per OP and patched no problems. Narull, you are a legend!
Reply Quote
Hi. i tried your fix and was hit up with a 8gig+ download! this cant be patch size right its downloading the whole game!?
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 09:00 PMPosted by DrSataN
Hi. i tried your fix and was hit up with a 8gig+ download! this cant be patch size right its downloading the whole game!?

Yeah that's not right mate, what file did you change? something has gone very wrong.
Reply Quote
I did your 1st fix. went to bnet and downloaded new client and ran it.
Reply Quote
/cry i guess i have to re-install game.
Reply Quote
08/21/2012 09:03 PMPosted by DrSataN
I did your 1st fix. went to bnet and downloaded new client and ran it.

Ah ok yeah that i s downloading the enUS client, which is a total download of 8gig, once you have it and install it instead of the client you currently have you will NEVER have this issue again.

However if you can't do the download cause of Aussie quota(boo!) then try the 2nd fix.
Reply Quote
Still no luck. reinstalling game now.

what a headf^%$#$ logged on to enjoy new patch thats suposed to be live hours ago and i find myself reinstalling the game. woo

Thanks for your help anyway Narull.
Reply Quote
Your best bet is to let that download of the enUS client finish and reinstall with it, then you will NEVER have this issue again.
Reply Quote
I would love to but downloads are expensive downunder. almost capped :(
Reply Quote
I know the feeling man, I'm in Brisbane myself, luckily I'm on internodes 300gig cap.
Reply Quote
First and foremost thanks so much to Narull and the others here who are really doing a wonderful job. Much appreciated.

I'm sorry if this has been answered or implied at some point but last time I did this as per Narull's instructions, i.e. changed the SG to US it worked a treat got me and my mates playing straight away. This time however, I'm still getting the patch loop...

Do you have to be actually playing on the US server for this to work? Because this fixed worked last time and I've only ever been on the Asian server. Should this work this time if I'm not on the Asian server?

Sorry if this is a seemingly dumb question...

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
ColH, The Asia and Europe servers are currently offline for maint so if you play on those servers you won't be able t o login for sometime, see my thread here for Aussie times:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438240

If I'm misunderstanding and your trying to play on the Americas server then double check in Options-Account that it is connecting to the Americas as it may have defaulted to another server.

Sorry man been up for 26 hours now things are starting to make less sense haha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]