Diablo® III

Patch loop Issues & Fixes (Round 2)

[quote="63968743060"] personally recommend downloading it simply so you never have t o deal with this again.
ok thanks bro just started the download, nets actually not that bad today, cheers.
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Narull
Why is this problem happening over and over again?

Because people don't have the enUS client, if you have the enUS client it will never happen.

Example being I've been able to login and play since 4am this morning.

Thank you for the hard work really. I tried the non-download fixes and had no luck. If I had bandwidth left I would download the US version but I cannot at the moment.

I wish Blizzard could just release the idiotic thing properly for everyone and not just the US. Why forsake version SG...WHY? This will have to wait till after Guild Wars 2, I am glad some people can get it to work.
Reply Quote
Hey Guys,

I've just tried to download the Game Client but after saving the 38.1MB setup file for Windows, I ran the program only for it to then state that it could not connect to the Battle.Net patch service, error code BLZPTS00002. Anyone got any thoughts on what's happening?

BLZPTS00002 is a connection error with the downloader, normally caused by a firewall or antivirus program, try disabling them mate.

Thanks Narull :)
Reply Quote
Awesome. Works. Blizzard, make this person GOD!.
Reply Quote
This part worked for me !!! BUMP

1. Open the file C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db (in wordpad)
2. Change all references of http://enSG.patch.battle.net:1119/patch to http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch (save and close)
3. Run game client
Reply Quote
Hi Narull ,

thanks very much for the Info , been very helpful fixing my problem.
Reply Quote
Hey Narull, you are a legend. followed your guide and it works instantly.
Thank you from the bottom of my black heart.
Reply Quote
C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db

where's the document under winXP?
Reply Quote
The tip for changing the script worked for me, it was not as hard as I had thought it would be.

There were two scripts with the enUS line already, I only found 1 line with enSG. Once that was changed and saved. I ran the client and the download has begun. ;)

To find "Wordpad" just type it in the search bar once you click the "window" on the start bar (for Win7 users).

Thanks very much Narull!
Reply Quote
Thx. Work for me too.
Reply Quote
I've been reading the threads for two days. Anyone knows how to fix the patch loophole on a Mac? Tried the "Windows" version of fixing it but still not working for me. Cheers!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
08/22/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Von
I've been reading the threads for two days. Anyone knows how to fix the patch loophole on a Mac? Tried the "Windows" version of fixing it but still not working for me. Cheers!

If you don't wanna do the download you can do the following for a Mac:

1. Open Terminal.

2. On Terminal, navigate to your Diablo III folder by typing the following:
cd "/Applications/Diablo III"
(If you did not install it on the default location, type the correct path.)

3. Make a backup copy of the original .agent.db file first. On terminal, type:
cp .agent.db dotAgent.db.bak

4. Still on Terminal, type the following command to open .agent.db on TextEdit:
open -a TextEdit .agent.db

5. find the "patch_url" line and change its value to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
Obs: Do not remove any of the quotes or comas. Change the patch_url and nothing else.

6. Save and close the file. (If asked to unlock the file, do it.)

7. Now go in the Battle.net folder: (Using Finder. You don'tt need to use terminal anymore)
/Users/Shared/Battle.net

8. Once inside the Battle.net folder, select and move the Agent folder to trash. (don't skip this step)

9. Start the Launcher.
Reply Quote
Ok, I have previously attempted "option 2" fix which stuffed the game and I had to re-install from the original disc.

My data plan is a 10/10 per month via iinet so I have 10 gigs off peak per month which cuts out at 8.00am each week day.
So in theory I could down load the bulk of the patch off peak and it would be ok if a couple of gig's sneak into my peak quota. I only get thru 2-3 gigs per month.

What I'd like to know is how fast is blizzards server in feeding out the client? A lot of sites download speeds are around 250kbs which means I have to allow 900 megs per hour, 9 hours for the download. But if it will download at my bandwidth, just over 1meg/sec, then that's about 3.6 gigs/hour. I need to know roughly how fast the download speed will be to time this right.

So, how fast is blizzards servers at feeding out the client?

Edit. I can't even try out the 38 meg thing download as the battle.net account tab is crashing atm.
Edited by Asmodeous#1189 on 8/22/2012 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Program is up and running now. Thanks for the quick response. Cheers!
Reply Quote
First time i've posted on the forums but here to thank you for taking the time to tell us how to fix our clients. Sure beat having to d/l a whole new version of Diablo 3 or having to wait each time a new patch comes out.

So a big THANKS MATE!

Also congratulations on becoming a mvp!
Reply Quote
@narull why hasnt my patch installed because now its 23/08/2012 why hasnt it installed and ive tried severall times why does it not work?
Edited by Crimson#6275 on 8/22/2012 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If someone can put up with me for a sec, im not the smartest pc person..

I did option 1 and checked game client.. says english US

Did option 2, changed patch to enUS from SG

But... When I opened c:/programdata/ << blank space

I have nothing in there, no hidden folders or anything.. Did I do something wrong?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Ok, I have previously attempted "option 2" fix which stuffed the game and I had to re-install from the original disc.

My data plan is a 10/10 per month via iinet so I have 10 gigs off peak per month which cuts out at 8.00am each week day.
So in theory I could down load the bulk of the patch off peak and it would be ok if a couple of gig's sneak into my peak quota. I only get thru 2-3 gigs per month.

What I'd like to know is how fast is blizzards server in feeding out the client? A lot of sites download speeds are around 250kbs which means I have to allow 900 megs per hour, 9 hours for the download. But if it will download at my bandwidth, just over 1meg/sec, then that's about 3.6 gigs/hour. I need to know roughly how fast the download speed will be to time this right.

So, how fast is blizzards servers at feeding out the client?

Edit. I can't even try out the 38 meg thing download as the battle.net account tab is crashing atm.

I just tried the client download on Internode and I was downloading at 800k sometimes going up to 1mb. The client IS resumeable too so you can download some now then stop the download and resume it later if that helps.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
08/22/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Crimson
@narull why hasnt my patch installed because now its 23/08/2012 why hasnt it installed and ive tried severall times why does it not work?

It is because you have the enSG client mate, it's patch server is set to the Asia server which is still undergoing maint, it won't be up for another few hours.

That's why I recommend getting the enUS client so people never have this issue again.

Maint times for the Asia server are:

Asia: 11:00 a.m. PDT to 11:00 p.m. PDT (8/22) *Note: Asia Maintenance is set for 12 hours.*

Australia & New Zealand times/dates:

Thursday 23/08/12

2:00am - 2:00pm Perth
3:30am - 3:30pm Adelaide, Darwin
4:00am - 4:00pm Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra
6:00am - 6:00pm New Zealand
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]