Diablo® III

The WOW vs. Guild Wars 2 Debate

Person with MoP forum portrait tells me GW2 is bad. He must be right!

I mean he preordered MoP and likes panda bears.
Reply Quote
In GW2, I am rewarded for killing big things in the world with other players. In WoW, they stuck a big fish in a lake that doesn't drop anything.

In GW2, if I see a resource node in a place I seemingly can't get to, it turns out to be an ingeniously-crafted area that I haven't found the entrance to yet. In WoW, it's a bug.

In GW2, grenades and turrets can be used to fight foes. In WoW, they are used to fight rats.

In GW2, I can use a unique form of currency earned from quests and dynamic events to progress my character. In WoW, I can use a unique form of currency to hire an alter boy to follow me around all day.

In GW2, I can play with many others without grouping with any of them. In WoW, I have to group to only play with a few.

I'm sure there's more...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In all honesty, I feel as if the game style of both games is different enough for me to like both. Both GW2 and WoW have features that set each other apart. I love them both. Can't they both live together?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]