Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.4) - old

Only thing then is do i stay with zombie handler/leeching beasts or go back to burning dogs/jungle fortitude. So many options it's hard to pick now.
I just want to share my build and my gear with all of you

i just cant Kill diablo by my self, but I can even beat all the act 4 without any or maybe a few dies
08/31/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Peter
Pet builds seem to not work as well against Cydaea. Is a strong aoe from high raw dps the only way to beat Cydaea comfortably? I still feel the Locusts spell is the way to go.

Actually, i don't have much trouble with Cydaea. (You can check my build a page or so ago). As it sits, I spam my toads on the spider pools. drop out my hex to chicken the occasional spider that survives... and when she jumps up and spawns multiple pools, I slowly walk away so they congregate near me until she comes back down, then pop my mass confusion. the majority of spiders turn on each-other, or even Cydaea herself, allowing me to continue picking the lings off, as my pets tend to focus more on her then the lings.

If it ever gets too dicey, and my pets aren't doing enough to her, or she spawns multiple pools while my confusion is on cool-down. spirit walk lets me move freely to a new safer spot and pick them off. (My freeze and stuns seem to help dramatically in reducing the dangers of the spiders.... knock-back, sadly, doesn't send them flying away... they only go like a single in-game yard. XD)
09/01/2012 09:21 AMPosted by kitsunekune
Pet builds seem to not work as well against Cydaea. Is a strong aoe from high raw dps the only way to beat Cydaea comfortably? I still feel the Locusts spell is the way to go.

Actually, i don't have much trouble with Cydaea. (You can check my build a page or so ago). As it sits, I spam my toads on the spider pools. drop out my hex to chicken the occasional spider that survives... and when she jumps up and spawns multiple pools, I slowly walk away so they congregate near me until she comes back down, then pop my mass confusion. the majority of spiders turn on each-other, or even Cydaea herself, allowing me to continue picking the lings off, as my pets tend to focus more on her then the lings.

If it ever gets too dicey, and my pets aren't doing enough to her, or she spawns multiple pools while my confusion is on cool-down. spirit walk lets me move freely to a new safer spot and pick them off. (My freeze and stuns seem to help dramatically in reducing the dangers of the spiders.... knock-back, sadly, doesn't send them flying away... they only go like a single in-game yard. XD)

Your CCs could be the key factor. I can beat Cydaea as well, just requires more effort than Diablo, and I was looking at ways to make it easier. Maybe Cydaea is overtuned.

And yeee haw, one nice legendary sold for millions, so I get to buy some nice thorns gear to test it further.
90 Human Paladin

Posted by kitsunekune

Actually, i don't have much trouble with Cydaea. (You can check my build a page or so ago). As it sits, I spam my toads on the spider pools. drop out my hex to chicken the occasional spider that survives... and when she jumps up and spawns multiple pools, I slowly walk away so they congregate near me until she comes back down, then pop my mass confusion. the majority of spiders turn on each-other, or even Cydaea herself, allowing me to continue picking the lings off, as my pets tend to focus more on her then the lings.If it ever gets too dicey, and my pets aren't doing enough to her, or she spawns multiple pools while my confusion is on cool-down. spirit walk lets me move freely to a new safer spot and pick them off. (My freeze and stuns seem to help dramatically in reducing the dangers of the spiders.... knock-back, sadly, doesn't send them flying away... they only go like a single in-game yard. XD)Your CCs could be the key factor. I can beat Cydaea as well, just requires more effort than Diablo, and I was looking at ways to make it easier. Maybe Cydaea is overtuned.And yeee haw, one nice legendary sold for millions, so I get to buy some nice thorns gear to test it further.
I find this weird because I am pet build and no boss gave me trouble aside from diablo on inferno :\ the first boss of act 4 did due to the fact of OVERWHELMING adds but other than that it went dead like everything else.
Hey Guys, I'm having some trouble planning my upgrades out of MF gear.

I want to go for a thorns and regen build and use a Shield and NOT use PtV, but currently I need to use PtV and a Mojo to get enough DPS to (just) kill Act 3 Inferno gobs.

Wondering what the best DPS stat(s) to concentrate on would be that would at least somewhat complement pets and most likely some DoT useage.
I'm having the hardest time on Cydaea using a pet build. All the boses haven't been a problem accept maybe a few rage issues but Cydaea is smokin' me. It's mainly the little spiders that come out in bunches after 30 seconds or so and they go straight for the witch doctor and avoid the pets. I've made all kinds of adjustments to my skills and partially with my gear.

Anybody with some pointers? I'm clueless at this point and might just avoid pets all together and go straight high end dps.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I've noticed other people on the forums complaining about the little spiders. Seems like there's a programming bug associated with it. The little spiders seem to ignore the pets.
Edited by Master#1559 on 9/2/2012 12:41 AM PDT
Hey Guys, I'm having some trouble planning my upgrades out of MF gear.

I want to go for a thorns and regen build and use a Shield and NOT use PtV, but currently I need to use PtV and a Mojo to get enough DPS to (just) kill Act 3 Inferno gobs.

Wondering what the best DPS stat(s) to concentrate on would be that would at least somewhat complement pets and most likely some DoT useage.

Intelligence is the most reliable stat. It also increases your resistances.

Thorns and regen build, I'm really not sure if it's good. I'm still trying to figure it out.

I'm having the hardest time on Cydaea using a pet build. All the boses haven't been a problem accept maybe a few rage issues but Cydaea is smokin' me. It's mainly the little spiders that come out in bunches after 30 seconds or so and they go straight for the witch doctor and avoid the pets. I've made all kinds of adjustments to my skills and partially with my gear.

Anybody with some pointers? I'm clueless at this point and might just avoid pets all together and go straight high end dps.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I've noticed other people on the forums complaining about the little spiders. Seems like there's a programming bug associated with it. The little spiders seem to ignore the pets.

Try Locusts with Pestilence. I think the best way to deal with the spiders is to wipe them out fast.

I tried stacking a lot of armor and resistances initially, and it was never enough.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 9/2/2012 1:20 AM PDT
Hi guys,

First off, a very big thanks to the Peter for this guide. Always been wanting to play WD but just can't seem to get it right even during or before 1.03. I'm very glad that now the pets can be a meat tank!

I've been playing Monk all the while and have some experience with Life Per Second. My Monk now has 3891 LPS and I hope I can replicate the same stats on the WD.

Just a question for you guys which I seemed to missed out after reading the full 23 pages of this thread:

Q: What will be the pet's LPS if we do not use the Passive Skill "Fierce Loyalty". Assume the WD's LPS is 1000.

Thank you so much guys and hope to beat Big D with this WD Zookeeper setup! :D
Edited by DrDisciple#1811 on 9/2/2012 2:07 AM PDT

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at my Build and Gear setup. I can kill all Act 3 content with relative ease. I may die once or twice if I'm being careless, but my build is versatile enough to take on everything. Infact, the biggest issue I have is that I have to use Grasp of the Dead to kill the Sin Hearts (apparently spiders won't target them).

As far as Cydaea specifically, proper positioning and Grasp of the Dead really makes her easy. You can focus on her when she is on screen with spider spam, and then just always re-position and drop a GotD when she spawns spiders. Between the Cleave Gargantuan and GotD, you shouldn't have much trouble killing the spiders assuming you're able to run 30k DPS.

The other big thing about my build is that you really don't need any passive crowd control or life on hit. You'll always be able to heal really easily with Spiritwalk+Soulharvest. I do have some crowd control on my gear, but with the abilities I use it doesn't proc enough to really matter.

I've been messing around with numerous builds, and the one I'm running seems to be the easiest assuming your gear isn't all that fantastic. All you really need is ~500 to all resists, 25k life, and ~30k dps (with PtV).
I beat act 3-4 inferno yesterday with 17k dps pets build. Cydaea was really annoying cause my damage was so low, but as long as you stay mobile and position properly against the mini spiders it's not too hard. Bears melt them pretty fast, I just saved mana until i was next to cydaea and the spiders were right behind me.

Diablo took 2 tries, my shadow clone one shotted me the first try, but it was really easy once I just got rid of him. Then again I'm running 2900 regen and 900 loh.
as of now i have 0 life regen... my stats are 54k hp, 1300 LoH, 5.1k armor, 780ish average resist, 10k dps :(
should i still put dogs and garg into my build? i have absolutely 0 idea on what build to use for a LoH based tank now...
i only play in party though, never liked soloing much
Edited by Qvoth#1557 on 9/2/2012 3:40 AM PDT

Thanks in advance.

if you are pet build your resist etc should be good enough, just run straight to her face to spam bears until she is half HP, then she will move a bit, spam more bears, I was able to kill her before she even start to drop massive spider pools with only 35k DPS.
Anyone can help me with this?

Hi guys,

First off, a very big thanks to the Peter for this guide. Always been wanting to play WD but just can't seem to get it right even during or before 1.03. I'm very glad that now the pets can be a meat tank!

I've been playing Monk all the while and have some experience with Life Per Second. My Monk now has 3891 LPS and I hope I can replicate the same stats on the WD.

Just a question for you guys which I seemed to missed out after reading the full 23 pages of this thread:

Q: What will be the pet's LPS if we do not use the Passive Skill "Fierce Loyalty". Assume the WD's LPS is 1000.

You're welcome, glad the guide helped.

Zombie Dog's LPS is ~142.3 and Gargantuan's LPS is ~309. I put it in the first post.

as of now i have 0 life regen... my stats are 54k hp, 1300 LoH, 5.1k armor, 780ish average resist, 10k dps :(
should i still put dogs and garg into my build? i have absolutely 0 idea on what build to use for a LoH based tank now...
i only play in party though, never liked soloing much

Hmmm sorry I have little experience with LoH builds. Pets do not benefit from LoH. You can put pets into your build as temporary glass tanks, lasting just long enough for you to kill off the mobs.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 9/2/2012 6:35 AM PDT
And folks I am very close to giving up on the thorns build. It's hard to find good gear that has thorns as well, and I just lost to Diablo due to sacrificing defensive stats for thorns.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 9/2/2012 6:39 AM PDT
OH, so if we do not use FL, means our LPS will not be added to their base LPS at all?

Zombie Dog's LPS is ~142.3 and Gargantuan's LPS is ~309. I put it in the first post.

Hey Pete! thnks for the guide... helped me alot. Now going for act 4 inferno... just gets tiring due to very low dps 19k.... rest of my stats are 600res, 1500 life regen and 38khp.... any advice???

Btw, also had those problems with Cydaea... just be a little patient and pick your spots when engaging her... also use spirit vessel just in case...
OH, so if we do not use FL, means our LPS will not be added to their base LPS at all?

Yup unfortunately 0% of your LPS will be added to your pets, if you don't use Fierce Loyalty.

09/02/2012 06:52 AMPosted by BossJr
Hey Pete! thnks for the guide... helped me alot. Now going for act 4 inferno... just gets tiring due to very low dps 19k.... rest of my stats are 600res, 1500 life regen and 38khp.... any advice???

Yeah unfortunately the only ways would be to buy a better weapon, or replace your spirit vessel with pierce the veil.

But this is a balancing act. If you go for a defensive build, your offense will suffer, and vice versa. The only way to have good offense and good defense would be very expensive gear.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 9/2/2012 6:57 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]