Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.4) - old

I would like to report that the green explosive goblins officially do not get their damage reduced by force armor.

My dogs have died to single green goblin explosions.

How odd. BUG REPORT TIIIIME

Also, link to your stats?

in case I missed it posted somewhere, it's possible that there is an absorb limit like there is on the wizard version of force armor.
70 Troll Druid
Good changes for every class, but i dont know what they plan for those items with cc, they are useless now.
Might try that "petless pet build" Jay Wilson talked about. 3 months later and these builds he boasted about are finally becoming viable.
08/21/2012 02:15 PMPosted by weesheng
Hm, I wonder If I finaly can trade my shield for an Mojo for some serious DMG boost.

Yes, just do it. A shield is pretty pointless honestly. Overkill.

Yeah I agree. Your pets don't need that extra 1000 Armor and they don't get blocking anyway and Bleeding on shield won't be attractive any more.

I agree. Drop shield unless you feel YOU need it. Your pets certainly don't need it anymore.

1 elite pack down (teleport / desecerator / waller / something else) - Lost 2 dogs only
2 elite pack down (plague / mortar / something / something) porcupines - Lost 2 dogs only
3 elite pack down (frozen /molten / vampire / teleport) soul lickers - Lost 1 dog only
Got killed by Arcane Sentry...
Got killed by Arcane Sentry... AGAIN!!!
4 elite pack down (vortex/arcane/frozen/health) demon warriors - Lost 2 dogs
5 elite pack down (molten/frozen/horde/jailor) porcupines - Lost 4 dogs and garg!!!! FINALLY! Second set, everything lived. Lol
6 elite pack down (firechain/plague/jailor/something) the purple armored orcs - No deaths
7 elite pack down (firechain/plague/arcane/something) skull cleavers - Lost EIGHT dogs and garg!!!! 2nd Garg Lived

8 Cant remember
9 elite pack down (Electrified / Frozen / Something / Something) skull cleavers. Nothing died. Electrified has been nerfed to the ground.

This is without Fierce Loyalty I assume?

I agree. Drop shield unless you feel YOU need it. Your pets certainly don't need it anymore.

I actualy mainly would need the 59 all resists from my current shield. :D
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FusionPower-2473/hero/15529980
I really don't have much resists, budget gear. Resists do not exist on Mojos, thats the main problem on that and good Mojos are INSANE expencive, at least here on EU Servers. However, I recently bid on 2 "starter" mojos with ~150 DMG each and comparable int/vit stats like my current shield has. And some crit chance as well, I hope the 150K bid are enough each, I'm not that rich and godlike-gear driven. ^^""
Edited by FusionPower#2473 on 8/21/2012 2:39 PM PDT
Despite the massive nerf, I've retooled and I'm rolling through Act 3, facetanking mobs and killing like 10x faster than before. I'm using Circle of Life to get dogs and they rarely die, even without horrify/jungle fort/spirit walk/zombie handler. I'm geared super tank, then specced super damage. Working wonderfully.

I went with a super-pet theme, hence the fetish, spirit barrage guy, and spiders. Reaally fun.
Edited by Dannyboy#1251 on 8/21/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Eerrrrrrmm.... Spider queen is still too dumb and slow to make great use of that increased damage I think. She still only attacks enemies maybe half the time she is around them, and chases enemies that she will never catch up to. They buff normal spider speed but not hers?
Disappointing.jpg
Toad of hugeness is still useless. In fact, pets actually ignore other enemies when one gets swallowed by it. It's worse than useless.
BBV is still a small area when dealing with mobile enemies or trying not to die. Meh.
And big stinker is now almost as useless as that flaming garg rune.
Mass confusion is sill pretty useless. And I'm guessing I'm not gonna like Hex anymore than I did before.
I dunno which zombie dog rune to use. Probably leaching beasts since no other rune is really beneficial to me. The damage boost from poison dogs is a little too small...
Time to increase my DPS an assload and find a skill combo that works better for me!

08/21/2012 01:35 PMPosted by weesheng
Also, link to your stats?

Stats??

Yes, armor, resist, health, etc
Pls and thankyou.
Hi guys, I just started inferno act2 with my witch doctor and have been using a pet build. So far its been fine, but as I progress, what should I be stacking for stats? Does all resist benefit my pets, or do I need it just for my survivability? How about damage? Should I still be stacking crit+ critdmg?
ProCC Pet Doctor Still Live :D

ROT / Acid Rain Still Procc like Crazy. WD can farm ACT 3/4 easily now. My pet cant die even when i use mojo as i expected b4 patch :)
Yea, this is pretty awesome. I am dropping my CC and picking up radius gear soon. Getting up to 40-65k dps when buffed up with the current build on character sheet.

Going to be playing with a lot of builds and swapping some gear. Sexy dps pet time.
70 Troll Druid
Dude vision quest isnt useful for you anymore, you arent using any skills described, it changed with the patch too.
08/21/2012 01:44 PMPosted by weesheng
I just killed a pack of these, no pet died. Was there something else there?

Yea I think there were some hard hitting whites, plus the birds seem to have a hard physical hit....but when your pets and you all get stuck in the U shapped wall with all that AOE even with the reduction they still take alot of damage....but I mean you are pretty much bathing in it at that point so it is expected.
Hi guys, I just started inferno act2 with my witch doctor and have been using a pet build. So far its been fine, but as I progress, what should I be stacking for stats? Does all resist benefit my pets, or do I need it just for my survivability? How about damage? Should I still be stacking crit+ critdmg?

Yes Armor/All Resist/Vit/Dex/Str all benefit your pet.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]