Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.4) - old

Anyone else notice their friends list is really full now lol....we will see how long they keep playing.
Eerrrrrrmm.... Spider queen is still too dumb and slow to make great use of that increased damage I think. She still only attacks enemies maybe half the time she is around them, and chases enemies that she will never catch up to. They buff normal spider speed but not hers?
Disappointing.jpg
Toad of hugeness is still useless. In fact, pets actually ignore other enemies when one gets swallowed by it. It's worse than useless.
BBV is still a small area when dealing with mobile enemies or trying not to die. Meh.
And big stinker is now almost as useless as that flaming garg rune.
Mass confusion is sill pretty useless. And I'm guessing I'm not gonna like Hex anymore than I did before.
I dunno which zombie dog rune to use. Probably leaching beasts since no other rune is really beneficial to me. The damage boost from poison dogs is a little too small...
Time to increase my DPS an assload and find a skill combo that works better for me!

Stats??

Yes, armor, resist, health, etc
Pls and thankyou.

Have to agree with you on Big Stinker, and Toad. But my question is for Spider Queen - how well does she/it proc CC effects and LoH? how well does she obstruct pathing?

Also have to disagree on confusion, and I've always liked hex. If you have low DPS/moderate life, the heal rune is awesome. If you have high DPS, the bleed rune does not suck at all (bleed bypases enemy resists).
Has anyone figured out what pet's passive HP regen is yet?
ProCC Pet Doctor Still Live :D

ROT / Acid Rain Still Procc like Crazy. WD can farm ACT 3/4 easily now. My pet cant die even when i use mojo as i expected b4 patch :)

Your gear is absolutely OP. Of course you can farm ACT III/IV

Nice ring!
Just did Rakanoth---> Diablo using spec and gear in profile (this was a 1.03 strategy, its overkill now). I was stuck horribly on Rakanoth and elite oppressors in 1.03. Killed Diablo first try, just had to move pets out of the circle of fire.

Survivability is now actually dogs > garg > me. For some reason leaching beasts stay alive far better than gargs.

Sadly, there is nothing left to this game for me, and I wish I could have played the last 3 months with pets like they are now. Too many other things too do now, and farming is not attractive anymore. But I wish all you new summoners luck and have fun! Especially thanks to Peter and weesheng for all the help they've given in this forum.
Edited by warc#1512 on 8/21/2012 4:30 PM PDT

Survivability is now actually dogs > garg > me. For some reason leaching beasts stay alive far better than gargs.

Same for me...my pets are face tanking everything and I'm scrambling around for dear life.
Edited by RosstheBoss#1370 on 8/21/2012 5:18 PM PDT
Yeah I got 7.6k Thorns, using Leeching Beast and they taaank. Sometimes they get overrun a bit and Garg will outlast that but for the most part they just keep going. Also, lemmy say, which I mentioned I was gonna try (in the earlier thread)... Sacrifice is amazing now with the new CD. Using Tribal Rites which is getting that CD down to about 33 seconds. So every 33 seconds or so im dumping out an extra 1100% dmg. Currently have Pride on so that's also an auto-full mana.

Currently I can dump out 5 Acid Clouds (base mana), wait a second or 2, get a 6th out - them Sacrifice and resummon with full mana ready to dump another 5 down immediately. It's a pretty big DPS chunk but im sure there's far more efficient ways to go about that. Either case, Sacrifice is crazy good boost in dmg periodically now that the dogs 'actually' survive. And you can resummon before monsters have time to react to the change.

I could easily see someone with some -3 or more seconds to dog CD easily keeping the 20% dmg boost rune up 24/7 with a Sacrifice rotation. Or using it for heal/slow utility or something. I'm absolutely loving the way they work now.

-edit-
Well it's actually 5% dmg per dog, so 20% if you got full 4 with Zombie Handler... still 20% DPS is pretty good stuff. No real downside like the Veil passive with that 30% mana cost penalty.
Edited by Adhin#1350 on 8/21/2012 5:31 PM PDT
But my question is for Spider Queen - how well does she/it proc CC effects and LoH? how well does she obstruct pathing?

If they didn't nerf it, I believe she is capable of 0.66 coefficient every tick. Potential and reality are two very different things, however. She is dumb as rocks, rarely stands still facing the enemy. And she can only hit a small area in front of her so... Still trying to make her work though. In large groups of enemies she is OK. Enemies have little trouble moving around her though.

08/21/2012 04:17 PMPosted by SolGrumpy
Also have to disagree on confusion,

My issues are
1) Doesn't last very long
2) cooldown is too long
3) sucks !@# against elites (which is where you need it most)

I've always liked hex. If you have low DPS/moderate life, the heal rune is awesome. If you have high DPS, the bleed rune does not suck at all (bleed bypases enemy resists).

The heal rune only helps if I have very low health to begin with. Even at 16k, it only gives like 12% health every 6 seconds or so. That's IF it targets me at all.
Second issue is how it doesn't work at all against certain enemies, and I think it also has reduced duration against elites.
And the biggest reason I dislike it mirrors the spider queen; horrid AI. I can't stand having a pet who refuses to even get near the lines of battle a large portion of the time. it will sit 30 yards away from the action being completely useless until I can respawn it six seconds later. Even if I applied the healing rune, often times I'll have to approach it before getting topped off a small fraction of my health.
And the bleed damage is completely negligible. 12% per 4 seconds is hardly something to boast about.

I won't tell you what skills to use so if you like it I will respect that, but personally it's not worth using a skill slot on my build.

Also, does anyone remember if IAS affects your pets damage output in any way? I'm thinking of doing a completely attack speed independent build and going for super hard hitting weapon. I just don't know what all skills aren't influenced by attack speed.
08/21/2012 05:17 PMPosted by RosstheBoss
Same for me...my pets are face tanking everything and I'm scrambling around for dear life.

Indeed. I'm trying to go on without spirit walk, but it's HARD. And my garg seems to be getting dropped faster than in 1.0.3
Also, they look like they are taking more damage from arcane and molten explosions :/ sitting in arcane beams was tearing my pets apart.
@weesheng: If you get the chance, swap out one of your skills for Sacrifice, and swap veil for Tribal Rites (to lower dog CD). Last rune on Sacrifice will get you that 20% dmg with out the mana cost. Can keep it going majority of the time, while throwing out 1100% dmg out (most the time on a sacrifice). Granted you'd want Handler to get that 4th dog so you have the full 20% but... yeah.

Tellin' ya guys Sacrifice is damn solid now that the pets don't blow.
just done inferno ghom with my pets ...

took a bloody like time with my dps but managed to take him down after a while.

ghom is completely doable on inferno now.
ias won't do much for your pets

i tried sacrifice with crit gear, and i was just too squishy.
Bafroomhumor: you should swap out Bad Medicine, wont help your pets with the max hit thing. Better off with something that'll keep you alive longer or put out more DPS. Course I recommend Tribal Rites and Sacrifice somewhere in there cause its aawwesome but... yeah. Jungle Fort would also do 20%, but would effect both probably. Haven't tested (and not sure if anyone has yet) if Jungle Fort helps the Force Armor bit.
is tribal rights even working? it seems to do nothing for me.

leeching dogs + zombie handler + fierce loyalty + my proc gear = pretty much invulnerable anyway.. glad i can drop the other defense passive.
08/21/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Terihlon
is tribal rights even working? it seems to do nothing for me.

Yea it works, just tested to make sure....34 sec CD.
Also I am thinking that if you run a Sac build/setup then use Tribal Rites. If your running a PetTank spec then use Zombie Handler. ZH should make it so your pets last longer to make the CD not as important. It's situational but I may be wrong.
ProCC Pet Doctor Still Live :D

ROT / Acid Rain Still Procc like Crazy. WD can farm ACT 3/4 easily now. My pet cant die even when i use mojo as i expected b4 patch :)

Your gear is absolutely OP. Of course you can farm ACT III/IV

Nice ring!

It a different feeling (a good way) for ZD/GARG to do the finishing blow now while i CC the mob, Used to be the opposite.
Blah. Can't bet the butcher now :/
I may need to put spirit walk back up because his attacks are really strong and my health isn't that high. Even if I doubled my health I'd still probably die though, so Spirit walk seems to be a must-have. I just can't decide what skill to replace with it. it's between zombie queen and fetish army i think. Hermmm...

08/21/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Terihlon
ias won't do much for your pets

Define much? lol
So Fire Chains still hurt O.o
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]