Diablo® III

farming?

i'm kinda new to d3 &not sure what farming is or why its done can someone clue me in please?
Reply Quote
what
Reply Quote
lolwut?
Reply Quote
Google is your friend.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Farming
Reply Quote
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farm

farm:
to camp in and area in a video game with the aim of collecting large amounts of gold or items
I farmed the map for five hours and made 540k gp
Edited by Onafets#1594 on 8/19/2012 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I know what farming is, and I've done it in the real world. I was looking for some help with the game not sarcasm! Does it mean replaying quests or covering as much ground as possible only in new quests? Serious answers would be welcome
Reply Quote
Thank you Onafets much apperciated!
Reply Quote
At the stage you are in game dont worry about it.When you get to inferno,farming is when you do a few areas over and over killing elites,rares over and over and over and over,to either get enough gold to buy items,or lucky enough to get items to move to next act.Then repeat all over again.
Reply Quote
How to farm Diablo 3:

1. Put Magic Find gear on
2. Get 5 stacks of NV
3. Kill elites
4. Identify loot
5. ???????????
6. Profit

Can be done in any Diablo 3 act.
Reply Quote
How to farm Diablo 3:

1. Put Magic Find gear on
2. Get 5 stacks of NV
3. Kill elites
4. Identify loot
5. ???????????
6. Profit

Can be done in any Diablo 3 act.

I see there is a missing link between identifying loot and profit.

I can only assume that you were censoring the profanities that usually follow identifying loot in inferno =)
Reply Quote
It is basically playing the game with the intent to gain gold and items. This comes in many forms:

1. Small portion repetition. Basically you do the same little area repeatedly until you get tired. This goes in the form of treasure goblin farming, chest farming, or hunting for quests. The two quests found in the crypts drop items and is influenced by nephalem valor.

2. Large portion clears. You select an act or a decent chunk of the game and play through the whole chapter. In this case you hit "escape" to cut boxed dialogue short and "space bar" to cut non boxed conversations short (like the one in act 4 between imperius and tyreal).
Reply Quote
08/19/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Carson
I can only assume that you were censoring the profanities that usually follow identifying loot in inferno =)

It's a meme from South Park
Reply Quote
Farming is the "end game" of Diablo III. It is very boring...repetitively loading into a game to kill mobs in the same area for profit. You can use magic find (MF) or gold find (GF). Some prefer to farm gold over items as it is perhaps a bit more efficient without the "promise" of a long-shot payoff.

Some prefer to farm items in Inferno...but I think it gets a little boring after a while. Similar to running Mephisto or Baal over and over again in Diablo II. Yawn-fest. I now have four 60's (DH, Wizard, Barb, and Monk) with a WD parked at 55. I have grown bored....
Reply Quote
lol this post is awesomesauce
Reply Quote
Important to note that you only start getting nephalem valor stacks after reaching level 60.

Basically, once you find the game difficult, or you've finished the game (whichever comes first), it's time to do some farming... There's a lot of advice on where to farm, but in the end, your preferences will vary.

I've been farming nightmare, for example, to get gear for my lower level characters. Feel free to add me if you need a bit of help on that.
Reply Quote
Thanks to all for the advice! This was my first post on the forums and the first few remarks were a little disapointing to say the least. It is good to know there are players willing to help the inexperienced
Reply Quote
You should progress further to get gold faster.

Put a Red Gem + XP gem in your helm so you level up faster (higher level better items faster kills)

Each time you get to a few levels up buy better items from Auction house. You probably don't have time to actually find upgrades.

Swap all vitality gems from armor for ones that will increase your damage so you can kill faster.

Each time you get to Act 3, replay the first couple of quests a few times as you can quickly get XP there.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I'll give it a try next time I play by the way my first name is Brian lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]