Diablo® III

blood magic blade

blood oozes from you... what does this proc do exactly? lol sounds like u lose hp
Reply Quote
probably a visual effect, where you shoot blood around you. Kinda reminds me of that blade in torchlight that said stuff when you hit monsters with it

Edit: haahh found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpw34CgHYNw
Edited by sfxblade#1941 on 8/20/2012 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bad news speculators. Looks like all the changes to crafted weapons will be cosmetic.

Yes there will be a chance to roll ilev63 Dmg ranges, but no DPS procs.
Reply Quote
Bad news speculators. Looks like all the changes to crafted weapons will be cosmetic.

are you basing this off the datamined info on diablofans.com?

That info seems somewhat incomplete. For instance.. some of the craftable legendaries have received nice buffs (Venomhusk, Hallowed Armanments). Why would blizzard buff the ilvl 61 craftable bow to a respectable level, yet leave the other ilvl 61 craftable legendary weapons as complete crap?

Furthermore... take a look at Skycutter (ilvl 60 legendary sword). This is FAR superior to Griswolds Masterpiece (ilvl 61 legendary sword). Why would they make the ilvl 61 legendary complete crap when compared to a lower lvl legendary of the same item type? Makes no sense.
Edited by MasterJedi#1865 on 8/20/2012 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

are you basing this off the datamined info on diablofans.com?

That info seems somewhat incomplete. For instance.. some of the craftable legendaries have received nice buffs (Venomhusk, Hallowed Armanments). Why would blizzard buff the ilvl 61 craftable bow to a respectable level, yet leave the other ilvl 61 craftable legendary weapons as complete crap?

Furthermore... take a look at Skycutter (ilvl 60 legendary sword). This is FAR superior to Griswolds Masterpiece (ilvl 61 legendary sword). Why would they make the ilvl 61 legendary complete crap when compared to a lower lvl legendary of the same item type? Makes no sense.

Blizz said they are adding procs to just over 50 items (ill have to dig if u need source).

Out of the 53 items with new procs that were datamined, I only see Blood-Magic Blade and Earthshatter listed. Both have what appear to be cosmetic only procs, Blood Oozing and Ground shaking. Like i noted, base DMG now has a better range on the crafted weapons, and i know they are reworking at least one crafted set. Mainly i was talking about the procs tho, not the reworking of the base stats. Ive seen no update on Venomhusk, so you may know more than I do currently. Youre welcome to update or correct me.
Reply Quote
Hallowed Armanments has definitely been reworked. The items have different procs. I believe some of the lower crafted sets have also been reworked. Cain's Legacy or something?

What I have seen is all shown on the datamined tooltips on diablofan.com

But you are right about the Blade and Earthshatterer. At the moment they aren't showing anything other than cosmetic changes. Griswolds Masterpiece showing none at all.

On Venomhusk.. if you compare the tooltip shown on diablofans.com to the official game guide.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/venomhusk

The elemental poison damage is increased in the tooltip to a max added poison damage of 707. This is at the expense of poison resist apparently.. but im sure thats a sacrifice most are willing to make. Someone on the forums at diablofans.com did the math and apparently when taking into account all the elemental damage + other potential stats.. venomhusk has a potential dps of 1350 on a perfect roll.. and Hallowed armanments weapons could get into the 1400-1500 dps range on perfect rolls with the 50% extra dmg affix.

What im saying is that this information seems somewhat incomplete to me. One would assume that they wouldnt just buff the ilvl 61 craftable bow and not the other ilvl 61 craftable weapons. Shows a little bit a favoritism towards a certain class don't you think?

It also makes no sense that the lower ilvl legendaries be more powerful than these ones. Look at Skycutter, right below Griswolds Masterpiece. Pretty nice sword for a req lvl 59. The legendary video showed it with 850 dps. Griswolds looks like garbage next to it and would never stand a chance despite being a higher level. It would only make sense that Griswolds and these other weapons (ruinstroke, blood-magic blade, ect) serve as a middle level legendary just below the elite legendaries that are ilvl 62 and 63.
Edited by MasterJedi#1865 on 8/20/2012 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]