Diablo® III

Identify All

Just add an identify all option that allows all of your unidentified inventory items to be identified....simple..will save so much time really.
Reply Quote
seriously just add this simple ...insane time saving feature into the game k thx
Reply Quote
A Tome of secrets dump would be cool as well. I have like 800 of them.

Like, since now your Blacksmith has a repair option.. maybe every 1k worth of repairs = 1 Tome of Secrets.
Reply Quote
Can we question why rares need to be id'd in the first place? What purpose does it serve?

There was a point to in roguelikes where you can equip an unidentified item at the risk of it having a bad effect or losing out on its good ones. But this is just a completely vestigial mechanic. Even Diablo 2 required you to have a scroll at least. That was still pointless but at least it changed how the new gear you found was treated.

I bet you $250 if you went to Blizzard's studio and asked someone why there's still item identification, they'd just parrot, "Cause it was always in Diablo, EL OH EL!"

They should either give it a reason to exist or remove it entirely.
Reply Quote
I never bothered to bring it up, but the fact that cain cannot identify items seemed like a pretty serious oversight.

Ok so he may not always be there, but the game (past normal) is designed in a way that makes you go back and forth anyway...
I dont even need any facts or stats to KNOW the players would load up a game act1 to go mass identify entire chests of unidentified gear, should they ever have the option.
Reply Quote
yes yes yes....I like the responses!! keep them coming :D
Reply Quote
yes please. i get so many rares its unbelievable and to sit there and identify 30 rares takes FOREVER. not to mention its tedious
Reply Quote
Why do we need to identify anything?

That's my question.

Just show all the stats and leave it at that.

ID'ing stuff just makes it easier to scam people.
Reply Quote
We need zombie cain to to chill in town and "Identify All" for us.
Reply Quote
And i agree it does seem as though identifying items is redundant and pointless...it adds a miniscule amount of excitement to the game and requires so much time.....doing vault runs consistently i fill up my entire stash of 60-63's and it takes like 20 minutes to sort through it all....
Reply Quote
The reason they give is that it is like "opening a present", as in "why wrap a gift?"

EDIT: that said an identify all man in town would be a new best friend
Edited by KingKrool#1474 on 8/23/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IDENTIFY ALL MAN...HE IDENTIFIES..EVERYTHING...EVEN YOUR FLAWS...maybe the Diablo team should hire a real life identify all guy so he can identify their flaws.....I'll sign up for that charge
Reply Quote
While you're at it Blizzard, give me the option to craft my 64 Flawless Emeralds with a single click. You do it for WoW, do it for Diablo 3. It's annoying have to sit there and click a button for five minutes while watching a progress bar just so I can do it some more while crafting gems.
Reply Quote
I thought about this for awhile, I know why they make us identify, which is to create more suspense about whether a rare item is good. However, they could keep the suspense and save us a lot of time by just having a person similar to Deckard Cain from Diablo II where if you save your unidentified items until you reach town, you can identify them all at once (it's still identify all but only in the town). This would keep the suspense elements as you would either have to choose to wait to identify as soon as you get the item or just wait until you have a full inventory and identify all at the town. Seems like a very reasonable fix that maybe they hadn't thought of.

And I agree, the gem crafting is definitely something that needs a multi-craft option.
Edited by BlastrMaster#1279 on 8/23/2012 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+9000....+9001
Edited by MiC#2217 on 8/23/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A Tome of secrets dump would be cool as well. I have like 800 of them.

Like, since now your Blacksmith has a repair option.. maybe every 1k worth of repairs = 1 Tome of Secrets.

sell em on the ah
Reply Quote
The reason they give is that it is like "opening a present", as in "why wrap a gift?"

EDIT: that said an identify all man in town would be a new best friend

+1

if i may add a suggestion as a compromise? ilvl60-63 takes normal ID time and the low the lvl the faster the ID. makes sense right? a high lvl item is more "complicated" and would need the normal time to ID it, but weaker items should be ID'd quicker
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]