Diablo® III

Latency issues been "fixed"

85 Gnome Warrior
Haven't played D3 for over a a month now. Just curious as to whether Blizzard made good on their promise to fix the latency issues with D3? I do remember Mike Morhaime's post a while back which sounded semi commited to helping but went short of suggesting servers in Oceania.

Was anything ever done or was it just lip service?

The main reason I gave up was that Blizzard seem to do anything they can to help as long as it doesn't cost them money. They talk about "investigating issues" and "coming up with solutions" but all that is just company speak for "We will pretend to work on things, but no chance in hell we will actually address the problem by giving you local server support".

Blizzard know that's the only way the problem will completely go away but seemed dead set on teasing us with the possibility of it when they have known all along they had absolutely no intention of implementing it.

I remember the Blizz poster who hangs around these forums saying something like "Nothing is off the table" in terms of addressing it. To me it read "Nothing is off the table except local servers which will cost us too much money for little return".

Anyway rant ended.
Edited by Myles#6947 on 8/17/2012 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can't change the laws of physics ... Adelaide hosted server +1.
Reply Quote
I was having no issue for the last few weeks and haven't experienced rubber banding since they fixed that, however ever since the patch 1.04 blogs have been posted i've started getting terrible lag all over again exactly like at launch. My guess is that alot of people have returned to the game since the blogs and the servers are dying again.

In short no it hasn't been fixed it seems, appears unfixable.
Reply Quote
Im having latency issues aswell for the past few days.

Had a week off d3 came back 2days ago and seems my latency is in the high 300-400s
sometimes reaching high 900s and above , No i do not have downloads or anything in the background.

possibly server issue ?
Reply Quote
i use to get massive rubberbanding for 3-5 seconds every 30-60 minutes.
but it's been fixed for me..

finally got that hardcore hero to 60 without having to worry about latency
Edited by Spectre#6286 on 8/20/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i use to get massive rubberbanding for 3-5 seconds every 30-60 minutes.
but it's been fixed for me..

finally got that hardcore hero to 60 without having to worry about latency

What did you do to fix the rubberbanding? It's so bad right now for me it's unplayable.

I can imagine when the new patch hits. Probably won't be able to log in.
Reply Quote
Packet has to traverse the globe, and come back hopping through any number of routers in each direction. Laws of physics man, bugger all you can do.

When I do a traceroute to blizzard I thank my lucky starts that I get the latency that i do and its not worse.

This is the hand we've been dealt. we have to Deal with it, or move to the US.
Reply Quote
Had a week off d3 came back 2days ago and seems my latency is in the high 300-400s
sometimes reaching high 900s and above , No i do not have downloads or anything in the background.

possibly server issue ?

Are you Using Ethernet to your local device or wifi ?
Reply Quote
08/17/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Dogmai

Yea also Fiordland +1, and Invercargil +1
Reply Quote
Just logged in for the first time in a month or so today due to patch notes, played for 5 mins and died due to 500+ latency.... so very upset.
Reply Quote
08/17/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Dogmai

NOPE.
Reply Quote
Pre 1.04 for me was fine, had no issues and game was running smooth.
Post 1.04 OH DEAR GOD!!! A couple more reasons to play my lvl 60's but dang the latency is huge. Poor Blizzard cant seem to get it right can they.

Should say, the latency meter is displaying 252. But feels a lot like 500+
Edited by Phr34k#1144 on 8/21/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Post 1.04 OH DEAR GOD!!! A couple more reasons to play my lvl 60's but dang the latency is huge. Poor Blizzard cant seem to get it right can they.

So has any else had this game play experience after the new patch 1.0.4?
Reply Quote

Woke up early to play post 1.04 update.
Played between 6:30am ~ 8am Was using my wiz and there were 3~4 times lag spike [everything suddenly become slow motion, and then accelerate like fast forward] (it happened before pre-patch anyway)

Other than that, seems not too bad. Hope it would not get worst
Reply Quote
Yes, the latency is worse than before. getting rubber banding like never before.
Reply Quote
Yeah, actually now that i think about it i was lagging pretty hard whilst playing today... : (
New patch is rad thou!
Reply Quote
Rubberbanding +1
Reply Quote

Yes, my HC monk is rubber bandy today. Not huge bounce backs (it's not a kite build) just irregular instances of one or two yards.
A bit laggy (300+ compared to normally 200+) but I expected that today during US prime time - every man and his dog returning to try out post patch.
Reply Quote
The latency is still terrible. Over at my cousins and I also played on my alt account - two different locations, still terrible latency - in Sydney, no less.

Blizzard don't care about Aussie latency and if they did, something would have been done by now.

Nothing has been done, despite their posts on the issue here.

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. This pudding still tastes very rubbery to me.
Reply Quote
I didn't play for a month because the terrible latency and I tried to play again and hope that 1.04 will be some improvement. But actually it doesn't improve at all. All I can say is it will not work no matter how blizzard tweak the server in software, the latency issue is more like a physical problem more than software. A Pentium 133 will not be faster than Core i7 computer in terms of calculation speed. It is impossible by tweaking the software of a Pentium 133 computer and make it faster than Core i7.

Anyway, I am so sick of doing the trouble shooting for the technical support, i feel like blizzard put this issue to my side, they actually don't spot on the right things for the Australian player. Although I am going to give up D3 after TL2 or GW2 is out, I will still keep checking this forum if D3 have a new patch and I would like to see any improvement. This game is not a good game with very limited build diversity and crappy itemisation system, but not the worst at least.

The good things for 1.04 is the enrage timer is gone, finally they recognise that kiting is a skill and have something to do after lv 60. At least can get the paragon level for the current extremely unrewarding farming.

Kripparrian was right, HC is too far from Australian player, I think I barely reach the soft-core.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]