Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

YAY!!! I would have been willing to pay good gold for each additional search slot. Once you hit inferno, 3 stats does *not* suffice to find the gear you need.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Dynasty
so max number of affixes is still 3?

We're upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6.

Its 6 now.
Reply Quote
Can we have clarification that the price of 1million gold will now be $0.25. If so then those of us who like to only use the gold auction house may as well not bother. Gold prices on high end gear is already really high, with this change gold prices will be ten times higher than they are now. People who are saying 'yay, I can buy 1m gold for 0.25' obviously havent realised they still won't be able to buy the items they want now but can't afford because the gold prices of items will just go up.

I find it hard enough now to find gear to improve my toon at a reasonable gold price. Personally I think for those who only trade on the gold auction house, gearing up a toon in 1.0.4 using the auction house will be impossible. A real game destroyer imo
Reply Quote
Will the 'Average Damage' affix be searchable on Mojo's and Sources?
Reply Quote
This is a really good feature for the game :). search fields are accurate an well planed more than I expected. The current auction house does feel like a micromanagement disaster but Its what we have now an this feels amazing to have. Thx blizzard!
Reply Quote
Did I miss it, "Item Compare tooltips have been added to the Recommended Items page." only on the pointless Recommended items page will items be compared to what you have equipped?

I say pointless because nothing on said page is under 100 million gold

Edit, 100 million when I last played about 3 weeks ago, probably ~500m now
Edited by HalfLife#1252 on 8/20/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
08/20/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Lylirra
We've replaced “Minimum Damage” with “Average Damage” as a searchable stat, which can be calculated as follows: (Min Damage + Max Damage) / 2. So, for example, searching for an Average Damage of 12 will find an item with 10-14 damage, 12 Minimum damage, or 24 Maximum damage.

It's already known that "minimum damage" is named confusingly, but this really highlights it.

Either "minimum damage" adds to both min and max damage, in which case it should be renamed (perhaps to just plain "damage") and the forumula given - "(Min Damage + Max Damage) / 2" is incorrect, or the search should hit 24 minimum damage, not 12.

The current game mechanics are the first option, making the formula "so-called min damage + max damage/2", consistant with a "min damage" parameter of 12 being found when looking for "12 damage".

Edit to add another vote for clarification on offhand-damage search and ordering.
Edited by Fnord#2775 on 8/20/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by haushinka
did pple really not know how to search for legendary stats?

Did you really not know it wasn't possible?

Did you really not know it was possible?

Search for items regularly but put the quality to "legendary" only?

Derp.
Reply Quote
Only question I have, sorry if ist's already been answered as there are so many pages to go through. Will we be able to sort by damage on Sources/off hands for Witch Doctors and Wizards? It is the most important stat on an off hand, similar to a weapon.
Reply Quote
very cool
Reply Quote
Awesome, but you forgot that you cannot search for Cluster Arrow on Quivers ... big one for me personally, but thank you for the changes!
Reply Quote
thx u this is much needed update on AH functions
Reply Quote
All praise Bul-Kathos!

Btw, TOOLTIPS FOR RECIPES if it's not in this update please make sure it's a change that is added to the to-do list!

Thanks for the info Lylirra!!!
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Azidonis
did pple really not know how to search for legendary stats?

Did you really not know it wasn't possible?

It WAS possible, you just need to jump through a lot of hoops to do it.

ie. to search for Sun Keeper with vit you had to search for 1h weapon, maces, level 60-60, legendary, with vitality at the value you spec.

Problem is if you have two set/legendary items that would fit these search criterion, but I think that's pretty rare.

It will be much better, though, to type in the item you want to look for and then specify the stats. More intuitive, easier, and eliminates search contamination.
Reply Quote
Nice, but what about ppl who make a bid and then cancel it aggain by useing the windows time/clock? it's pretty annoying!
Reply Quote
Being able to cancel an auction with no bids is a great idea. I hated having items sit up for so long; not only does it stop me from trying another price or putting something else up, but it clogs the AH with items clearly nobody is going to buy.

I only wish they would include a sort of trade interface, or games where people can join and safely trade together. I'm not sure how you guys at Blizzard would do that or if it's even feasible, but I would love to be able to see the games I'm joining or at the very least have games where more than 4 people can join to trade or communicate. Put an arena in there, Deckard Cain's aunt milly at Leah's brothel, etc. Make it silly, make it a place where people can practice skills - think a Diablo 3 sand box game mode.

I understand the mechanics of the game can't change so drastically to allow more than 4 people in the main game or campaign - maybe even in any theoretical ideas - but that's one thing I think hurts the overall feel of the game for me. Only being able to play with 3 other people at the same time is a tragedy in an online computer game IMHO.

My 2 cents. I do like the game, I've put over 200 hours in. I got my money's worth and then some, but naturally I'd like to see it progress and show its competition it deserves the crown.
Edited by WingsofEros#1809 on 8/20/2012 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]