Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

08/20/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Garfi
Edit to add another vote for clarification on offhand-damage search and ordering.

I can not fathom why you can not search for off hand damage and order accordingly. I have a stashful of off hands I refuse to list on the AH because nobody would see them. I suspect I'm not alone.

Please fix this! It's ridiculous!
Reply Quote
What I don't see is a fix to show the actual current bid on an item. I have to bid numerous (10-12) times to find the actual bid price.
Reply Quote
YESSSSSS! MORE PREFERRED STATS!!! :D:D:D
Reply Quote
Can we have clarification that the price of 1million gold will now be $0.25. If so then those of us who like to only use the gold auction house may as well not bother. Gold prices on high end gear is already really high, with this change gold prices will be ten times higher than they are now. People who are saying 'yay, I can buy 1m gold for 0.25' obviously havent realised they still won't be able to buy the items they want now but can't afford because the gold prices of items will just go up.

I find it hard enough now to find gear to improve my toon at a reasonable gold price. Personally I think for those who only trade on the gold auction house, gearing up a toon in 1.0.4 using the auction house will be impossible. A real game destroyer imo

So I'll probably get bashed for this, but I don't think the patch will do anything to the price.

Pre 1.04 the most you could sell per listing was 100,000 stacks of gold at 100k per stack.
Post 1.04 the most you can sell per listing is 1,000,000 stacks of gold at 100k per stack.

Each 100k stack will still be .25, but now you can sell more per listing. They're upping the amount of gold you can sell per listing, not changing the price, is how I'm reading it.

Go ahead and bash me over the head. But that's what I got out of it.
Edited by grumpyninja#1256 on 8/20/2012 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Still missing an ability to save a search though, it is already a bit of a pain to enter 3 search criteria multiple times per day to run a search for a hard to find item. Going to be even more painful with 6 search criteria. Players should be able to keep several saved searches instead of always forcing us to re-enter criteria every time.

That said, 6 criteria searches will be a huge help especially for finding equipment for my monk.
Reply Quote
Looks good, I don't know if you guys / someone else has mentioned this, but I would love to have the option of being able to "see" an item that you sold. I'm always left wondering which items sold after forgetting which items I put up on AH. Thanks again!
Reply Quote
So I'll probably get bashed for this, but I don't think the patch will do anything to the price. Pre 1.04 the most you could sell per listing was 100,000 stacks of gold at 100k per stack.Post 1.04 the most you can sell per listing is 1,000,000 stacks of gold at 100k per stack.Each 100k stack will still be .25, but now you can sell more per listing. They're upping the amount of gold you can sell per listing, not changing the price, is how I'm reading it. Go ahead and bash me over the head. But that's what I got out of it

Not going to bash you lol. This is why I'd like clarification. If indeed it is as you see it I don't have a problem, if its how I read it I do
Reply Quote
quite thankful they had to rush in these changes and not holdout for an expansion or DLC.
Reply Quote
Now only kill of the AH completely and D3 might turn out to be a great game
Reply Quote
Wow 1.04 is shaping to be pretty significant
Reply Quote
All are fantastic changes to the AH, and will make it far easier to use. D3 seems like its finally taking the right direction!
Reply Quote
Nice updates,

But it will be way better if we could do the following aswell:
- sortable bags (now its view only)
- buy\craft new bags or a cube (like d2)
- simple search for quickly find +DPS or +HP or +PROT gear (esp for <60char its sweet to have)
- +res in a tooltip (just primary and all resists once)
- search for +all resist + primary resist (combination; yes after patch we can do all resist + lighting both combined is faster.)
- fix tooltips for all `included` stats. Like +IAS, +min/max dps. Many bought items without the mindset that nothing is what is seems.
Edited by DiceXQ#1409 on 8/20/2012 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Excellent! Looking forward to the patch, can't wait to start playing again with all the changes in 1.04, after taking a short break from the game. Keeping an open mind, looks like 1.04 will be closer to the game I expected to play at launch time. I really don't care about the RMAH, it has in no way influenced my game play experience.

People spend way too much time worrying about silly things, with all the fixes coming up, i'm sure they will find something else to grumble about. All of these issues with RMAH were known before the game launched, there were countless conversations about the positive and negative aspects. If you knew about this and you still spent $60 bucks on the game, then too bad. Not like it was a secret. if you bought the game and said "OMG! It has RMAH, the game is ruined forever" then I hear Hello Kitty online is in desperate need of players .... just sayin.
Reply Quote
Great Job!!! I am very impressed; thoughtful and insightful changes all the way around.
Reply Quote
"nice"
"great"
"thanks"
"yay"

try "fundamental"

so "thanks", I guess.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Ghost1952
What I don't see is a fix to show the actual current bid on an item. I have to bid numerous (10-12) times to find the actual bid price.

Another genius that doesn't understand the concept of proxy bidding.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Ghost1952

Ugh these whining noobs who have ruined the game wihtout understanding it first. THIS IS NOT A BUG. it is proxy bidding, it is anonymous bidding. You bid how much you're willing to pay, and that's that. You don't sit there pretending to be amazing and *snipe* items at the lowest price.

If you bid 1000g, and I bid 1,000,000 gold, your bids will always fail until you exceed my PRIVATE bid, you don't see my amount until you exceed it. However because of this, you are always refunded the difference between the winning bid (yours) and the second highest bid.

Example - You bid 1000g on a ring which is obviously going to be too good to be true. I bid 1,000,000g on said ring. You click bid and go to 2000g. It will only show you failed the bid, and the highest bid was 2200 (or something). So you bid 3000g, and it will happen again. So you bid 300,000 thinking what the hell. It happens again, it will show the bid is at 315,000 (or so). However if you bid 1,100,000, you will start winning. Now let's say 1,000,000 was ALL the gold I had and you had 3,000,000 at your disposal. Just bid all of it damn it. Then when the bid war ends and you have bid 3,000,000 and I have bid 1,000,000, guess what? YOU PAY 1,000,000!!! You will be REFUNDED the difference of your bid (highest) and my bid (second), ie. 3,000,000 - 1,000,000. It IS INTENTIONAL, and to account for it, you recieve the difference.
Edited by Garagrim#1391 on 8/20/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice, D3 BETA is getting closer to be completed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]