Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

85 Tauren Priest
  • Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.
This has been the most annoying thing. Thank you!

And 6-stat searches? Sheesh! 8)
Reply Quote
After reading the entire thread, so glad many others have expressed concerns over sorting by "Time Left". Forget bidding wars, it isn't about that. At least in a bidding match you stand a chance. No, this is about flippers filtering by 1d12h auctions to snipe good deals before anyone has a chance to see them.

If they actually used the item, well then awesome! But no, that item goes right back on the AH for up to 50 times what was paid.
Reply Quote
I hope the AH will let us filter on the newaffix our equipment can have such as fire chain and molten.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 12:01 PMPosted by DustDevil
[quote="63684647407"]Over the last few days, we've seen a lot of requests from players for us to make improvements to the auction house.

Over the last few days?? Has the game only been out that long?? These improvements have been requested sine the launch of the AH! Has it really taken this long to get them implemented? They should have been there when the AH was launched (and that should have been at game launch!)
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad these improvements have finally been put in, but to take this long to do it? Wow....
Reply Quote
Please make ,,Bind when Equipped" legendaries at least, i would like to have it on every rare+ item, because it ruins the AH, the items will never ,,die" ! and then you can buy full equipment for act1 under 200k with no problems... its not cool for me..
Reply Quote
not sure if i missed it or if i'm just stupid and can't figure it out in the AH now but is there going to be a way to search for any old item in the current AH?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Are the available affixes updated for AH searching? Some item types don't list some of their available modifiers in the AH search drop-down.
Reply Quote
We've replaced “Minimum Damage” with “Average Damage” as a searchable stat, which can be calculated as follows: (Min Damage + Max Damage) / 2. So, for example, searching for an Average Damage of 12 will find an item with 10-14 damage, 12 Minimum damage, or 24 Maximum damage.

Only one question, only thing that matters, the rest is great.
Does this apply to offhands? It's so annoying searching for good offhands.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 07:05 AMPosted by bighaben
Players can now search for stats on Legendary items! Yay!

I can't believe the game shipped without this. Finally, so many painful hours trying to find legendary items with my preferred stats will no longer be wasted!

Lots of good changes here.

Will we be able to see +/- life, +/- damage, +/- protection comparisons in the AH now to what we have equipped?

+1. Too much pain browsing Legendaries, I simply didn't bother to buy one.
Reply Quote
being able to cancel auctions will be very annoying for the buyers, example with the first thing that I thought of after reading this :

there is a 1d11 bow with 20 millions starting price and 100million buyout, you estimate that the bow is worth 25million , but if you put the 25 millions right away, there are high chances that someone will outbid you later and maybe there will be a better bow for cheaper so you need to keep that gold just in cas, so you don't bid.

So chances are that there won't be a bid on this bow until the very end of the auction and suddenly the seller can remove it?...
Reply Quote
All this is awesome. The only improvement to the AH left to do, as far as I'm concerned, is to be able to compare the damage / health / protection with our character's currently equipped item. I hope this is one of the improvements your guys have planned for 1.1.

Anyways, 1.0.4 is incrediby sexy ! I can't wait :D
Reply Quote

I think what they are saying, is that you can sell 200k in a stack at 40 cents, ideally instead of 50 cents. See below.
Before changes100k = $.25 MIN
After Changes200k = $.25 Min or more.
Pretty much to make it competetive with the gold farmers that sell through independant sites. Essentially, you can sell 1mil Gold for $.25 now. Instead of forced o sell 100k for $.25.

This makes no sense.

Is gold now .25 per million? That's a quite a big jump from 2.5 per million....

Makes perfect sense, Gold can be down to .25 per million, however, im pretty sure noone is going to make it that cheap. It is making it where the minimum price per 100k can be smaller then .25 which is retarded.
Edited by Stalgaris#1173 on 8/20/2012 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great!
Reply Quote
What about searching for damage on rings? =/...
Reply Quote
Yes! one small step for Blizzard, one giant leap for the auction house!!!
Reply Quote
Thanks for allowing us to sort by time left and by buyout price. Those were my biggest pet peeves about the auction house. Nice!
Reply Quote
THANK YOU!!!!

Would be nice to be able to use auction house while in game.
Reply Quote
  • Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab.

• I think this is the first complaint I've really had about changes, patches... etc.

I really don't agree with being able to sort by Time Left. There are plenty of reasons which I think are really obvious of why this is a pretty bad idea.

Edit: I'm sure plenty of people completely disagree with me though, so that's just my 2 cents. Obviously it has benefits to everyone.... but the people who are on watching Time Left ALL day and ESPECIALLY bots, are going to really love this.
    Edited by PhreEk#1472 on 8/20/2012 12:45 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    FINALLY
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]