Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

Thats awesome, thanks for covering muuch in this 1.0.4 patch :) !!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
08/20/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Lylirra
Item Compare tooltips have been added to the Recommended Items page.

Why will this only be available for the Recommended items page?

And how are Recommended Items arrived at, anyway? I have been trying to figure this out for weeks now, since oftentimes the recommended items aren't at all what I am planning for my upgrades... (and they leave out a LOT of the listed items with similar stats that are actually better items for my class!)

Thank you for the advance AH update information, though! It is very much appreciated!

(Edited to add my thanks.)
Edited by Galx#1555 on 8/20/2012 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello guys, I didnt have the time to read everything so i´m going straight to the point. Really positive action by Blizzard staff. Trying to improve the game and being in touch with us players is really important, congratulations to that! So here go few hints for you guys. Just imagine u´re a player. Got it? Ok, so once you defeat diablo in Inferno difficulty, as my self, what's the purpose of the game? Well, nothing, ya, that´s right. I know you guys are improving the game that´s really good. Legendary itens are actually becoming good itens and stuff. But guys wake up. This sistem of PVM ONLY get players tired. Farming whole day for what? I got a 150 K DPS DH, and I made it, so thats good for me, why try go for 200 k? Do you understand where I´m trying to get? We need PVP!!!
Reply Quote
We're upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6

THANK YOU JESUS
Reply Quote
Yeah looks like they are doing everything with the AH we asked for. Very nice.
Reply Quote
Well that does it for me. They now spend more time "fixing" the auction house than the game. I am done. Bye bye.

And btw Jay Wilson QQ- the real creator of Diablo said D3 sucks.

I logged in just to reply to this:

You're in !@#$ing Hell, with your highest character being level 51, you have no idea what this game needs or whats wrong with it Opinion invalidated due to lack of experience.

In short, %^-* this game but !@#$ you too.

I would argue that even without having played D3, one could develop a perfectly valid opinion and could offer great criticism.

Just because someone hasn't beaten the game (or played it even) does' t mean they can't abstract concepts they've learned while playing the game, or watching footage.

In order to form an opinion of this game, you really only need to know the mechanics (with the exclusion of controls, since that would require you to actually play the game).

D3 is a terrible game. It's flawed on fundamental levels that, while not particularly potent at the early stages of the game, can still be understood.

For instance, the importance of your main weapon stats: this design is absolutely silly and bars any and all hopes of creating a character that isn't 100% gear reliant.

Also, the skills are absolutely shallow, anyone who has read the skill descriptions and looked at their mechanics would have no struggle in understanding that the majority of them are utterly useless.

Also, since the game is 100% gear dependent, having a place where you can buy the best gear with real money is, for a lot of people, a stupid idea. One that doesn't really reward game-play or skill, but real-life success. Which, while real-life success is great, for others who either don't have the means, or can't obtain the means (i.e. are in school), to buy their way to the top of a *game*, it will seem, to them, obscenely unfair. Also for some of us, it feels like a scam and very anti-game. The point of a game is to play and be challenged, and to overcome those challenges by thought and action allowed by the game mechanics, not by money. There are way more exciting ways to spend your money, in my opinion, than to spend it to go farm for other items.

This game sucks for more than just these three reasons, though. D3 is the accumulation of many, many poor design choices. To sit around and try and identify all of them would be a hassle; not to mention probably all of them have been argued at one point or another on this forum.

The argument that D3 is a great game because it sold a ton of copies is not valid; if it were the first game in the franchise, I would then say that their might be some truth behind that claim, however, it is the 3rd sequel in one of the most popular gaming franchises to have ever existed; to claim that the number of games sold was by exclusive virtue of this game's greatness is an absolute fallacy. Diablo has had an amazing following for over a decade, and that following was about to be serviced for the first time in years; people wanted a new Diablo game, they were going to buy it regardless of the degree of garbage blizzard put out.

I only played the game as far as I did because I talked on Skype with some friends while they played through it. I've spent, at most, an hour or two total playing this game by myself.

There are perfectly legitimate claims with how blizzard has been handling this game, and the outcries against the CMs and, especially, Jay Wilson are totally justified.
Reply Quote
Searches will now properly filter results according to the set Minimum and Maximum values for"Life per Spirit Spent"

Thank god. This was becoming ridiculous when attempting to find proper LPSS gear =/

08/20/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Galx
Why will this only be available for the Recommended items page?

It already displays a tool-tip on items outside of Recommended items.
Edited by War#1312 on 8/20/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Beregond
We've increased the maximum stack size of gold per listing from 100,000 to 1,000,000. The current minimum listing price will remain the same per stack.

I don't understand this point, what does it mean? "maximum stack"="minimum stack" does make sense, is that a typo? :| And if that's true does the second part mean 1m = 0.25€ ?

If this goes live as I understood will literally destroy gold value and gold prices will skyrocket as never before

I think what they mean is that when listing gold for sale you can list stacks of 1,000,000 gold at vs stacks of 100,000. Does not affect the actual value of the gold. Just makes it easier to list larger amounts of gold at once.
Reply Quote
View profile
Great improvements, although I'm gonna miss making millions from the AH from socketing rings. I was averaging 5-8 mil a week doing that.

Also, the extra 3 stat slots are going to make things more expensive (easier searching will mean it will be harder to find deals).

However, I can agree to the fact that it was frustrating to find 4+ stat combinations on various items.
Reply Quote
Lylirra,

Could you please clarify:

So the item compare tooltip will ONLY come up in recommended items page, but not when you're searching for items through filters and such?

Seems like a pointless add-on unless it works with all filtered pages, as no one uses the recommended items page...

Agree, I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
Reply Quote
This is truly getting better and better.
Reply Quote
Finally! I must say, having to search for items I wanted with only 3 searchables was severely limiting.
Reply Quote
Now will reduced cost of cluster arrow be searchable? Its currently not listed at all but appears on shields and some legendary quivers.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I love it!
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 03:14 PMPosted by War
It already displays a tool-tip on items outside of Recommended items.

Not on my version of the game it doesn't. Where can I get one like yours? ;)
Reply Quote
yay!!! finally more preferred stat serch options
Reply Quote
Is this real life or i just dream.
Reply Quote
These are great notes, but have they fixed the de-syncing problems yet?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/20/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Amaterasu
So the item compare tooltip will ONLY come up in recommended items page, but not when you're searching for items through filters and such?

We're simply updating the Recommend Items page to match what normal searches already do. Just like you'll see two tooltips whenever browsing through items that are returned in the search results window -- one for the item you're hovering over, and one for the item you're currently wearing in that slot -- you'll now see the same whenever looking at recommended items. While these are known as item compare tooltips, they do not have the ↑/↓ arrows (for Damage, Life, and Protection) like you're thinking.

We've talked about adding the ↑/↓ tooltips into the auction house, though. It's something we'd love to do, but there are a number of technical hurdles that we have to overcome first before that can happen. We don't really have a lot of details to share, but we agree that it would be a great feature to add to the AH.

08/20/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Beregond
I don't understand this point, what does it mean? "maximum stack"="minimum stack" does make sense, is that a typo? :| And if that's true does the second part mean 1m = 0.25€ ?

Only the stack size has changed for gold listings (increased from 100,000 to 1,000,000); all other numbers have stayed the same. The minimum price per stack is still the same, and you will still be limited to 100 total stacks. I've updated the main post slightly to make that bullet more clear.

This will only apply to gold auctions made after the patch, by the way. Gold auctions that already exist when 1.0.4 hits will only be valued at 100,000 gold per stack.

08/20/2012 08:42 AMPosted by slaw
What about searching for blind on amulets?

Just checked, and this is actually making 1.0.4. Looks like it got bumped up! Added to the main post.

08/20/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Retep
Also, will damage be searchable on amulets/rings/off-hands? What about block chance on shields?

Not in 1.0.4, but it is something we're working on. It's currently scheduled for the 1.1.0 patch, and the change will allow you to search for block % on shields.

You forgot a period a the end of the last paragraph. I demand a refund.

Here is your one period back, plus interest: ...

;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]