Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

Nice!
Reply Quote
Where are the commas for when typing the cost to sell?
Where is the option to see your bid set amount?

Without these it's is REALLY easy to make a mistake on what your bid price is. With so many 0's the 0's start to blend. Come on it's basic formatting when writing. You do it on other pages why can't you do it here?
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Obliteron
As someone who has never used the RMAH and will probably never use it, if the price of gold drops down to the levels of 0.25 per M then won't the price of items on the GAH multiply by up to a factor of ten for top end items; as it will be so simple for people to acquire the gold necessary?

Yes.
Reply Quote
Only the stack size has changed for gold listings (increased from 100,000 to 1,000,000); all other numbers have stayed the same. The minimum price per stack is still the same, and you will still be limited to 100 total stacks. I've updated the main post slightly to make that bullet more clear.

This will only apply to gold auctions made after the patch, by the way. Gold auctions that already exist when 1.0.4 hits will only be valued at 100,000 gold per stack.

What does this mean? 100 total stacks? Maximum auction house listing is $250, so 250/100 = $2.50 per stack... meaning 2.50 per million?

but this contradicts the rest of your statement....."minimum stack price stays the same" which makes us wonder if 100 was a typo and stacks will be sold at 0.25 per million

Please be more clear, when patch 1.0.4 comes how, what is the smallest dollar amount that I could sell one million gold for on the RMAH?
Reply Quote
There are still lots of improvements that can be made, many improvements are listed in this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6307801324

Although some of the points mentioned there are being addressed, there are other functionality features that would be great to have!

That said, many players already complain about items being "sniped" off the auction house at the last second, and allowing to sort by time remaining will only increase the frequency at which this happens, thus increasing player frustration. The ability to sort on time remaining should NOT be added.

You realize how easily this concept is right now though don't you?

Lets say I search for an item that has Vitality, Strength, and Cold Damage.
I up the amounts of Vitality and Strength to the highest I can find.

There are 3 items that show up that are all awesome.
Those 3 items also have 1D12H left on them.

I write them down, come back in 35 hours and find them again.
Watch them for around 20-30 minutes.

Bid around the 5 minute mark.

Items are mine for bid price now.

The only thing they did was make it easier to initially find the item.

If you do not want people to be doing this and feel that you get ripped off.
Simple. When you bid on the said item, put your "BID" amount insanely high. You get the item and what money was left over comes back to you.

I have no idea what your random quotes are about, but it seems you are trying to say a solution to the problem I mentioned.

If that's the case, you misunderstand my post and what people are complaining about when they talk about items being "sniped" off the auction house. The problem is not that someone posts an item with a starting bid of 10k and a buyout of 100k, one person makes a bid for 10k and the seller only gets 10k because nobody else bid on it or bought it out.

The problem is that when you make a bid on an item, that bid is the winning bid for however long, and then you are checking up on the bid in the final minutes and when time remaining is <1m, someone makes a slightly higher bid, and before your screen updates to say the amount of the new bid, time has expired and you were winning a bid for however long and got beat out at the last second.

In the thread I previously linked to (here it is again: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6307801324 ) I posted two possible solutions to avoid this from happening. Here they are.

Bid Option

I've seen many players complain about items being sniped off the auction house at the last second after they had the winning bid for several minutes or hours. I've also seen the suggestion to increase the time remaining on an item before it expires so more bids are allowed to prevent items from being sniped.

Suggestion: If an item receives a bid within the last five minutes (five is just an example, it could be more or less), then the time remaining is bumped up to five minutes. This allows people to keep bidding on the item without extending the time remaining indefinitely, it prevents items from being sniped at the last second, allows the seller to make some more money than they would if the buyout amount is not reached, and Blizzard can collect more gold or money from the transaction.

Suggestion: If a bid is placed within the last five minutes (again, five is just an example), future bids can only be placed by players who have previously bid on the item. This way if several players are engaged in a bidding war, one of them is guaranteed to get the item, and they only have each other to compete with rather than the whole community.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Cam
No, I can't. I can't cancel them right now. By the time I am able to cancel them someone will have the chance to buy them, resulting in a loss due to the changing market.

Forgive me. When you said 'gold auctions' I assumed you meant the gold you are selling, instead of auctions you currently have on the gold auction house.

Ah, I see. Forgive me as well for not wording that better.
Reply Quote
wait so how much is 1mill now in real money
Reply Quote
Awesome...
Reply Quote
lol the whole 100 stack....maximum stack size now 1mil, price per stack not changing is so confusing.

Why can't they just word it in plain english?

Is it so hard to answer the question as simply as, gold is now .25 per mil?

Or just say the price of gold has not changed?
Reply Quote
You forgot a period a the end of the last paragraph. I demand a refund.

Here is your one period back, plus interest: ...

;)

You can't not laugh at that.
Reply Quote
cant tell if they're just trolling us
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
You forgot a period a the end of the last paragraph. I demand a refund.

Here is your one period back, plus interest: ...

;)
Lylirra for the win!
Reply Quote
i think another thing blizzard can do is let the players check AH while they are in the game, we dont want to lose Nephalem Valor or leave the team because we want to bid on items.
Reply Quote
These changes are sooo goood! xD

One change I would like to see one day though is being able to set a price range when searching for items.

In particular, I would like to set an upper limit where I do not want to see any items listed on AH that has a buyout or a current bid more than 10M or 100M or 1000M etc. for frugal players! :P

Some of us aren't that rich to afford 100M+ items and would appreciate if we could filter them out... >.<
Reply Quote
What about overprize items?

If there is a law for that in real life why shouldn't there be a law for that in D3 Auction House. I mean how many times have players paid for an overprize items and reallize in the end that the items they bought is worst than the items they already have.

I think each items or gear stats should have a prize cap. To prevent other players for taking advantage of buying and selling in AH. Players might be buying low prize items with good stats to keep the prizes from going down.

If prizes keep going up and players get tired of farming and don't want to pay for gold anymore. Chances are people just stop playing.

I mean why not.
Reply Quote
nice
Reply Quote
BTW guys on Europe she posted this to clarify.

We’ve increased the maximum stack size of gold per listing from 100,000 to 1,000,000. The minimum listing price will remain at $0.25 per stack.
Edited by Munky#1779 on 8/20/2012 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great improvements. I like that my average-damage idea was heard and passed along to the devs.
1.04 best patch ever :D
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Patch 1.0.4 will allow you to sell a stack of 1,000,000 gold for as low as $.25 (if that's your thing).

08/20/2012 05:28 PMPosted by kilo
lol the whole 100 stack....maximum stack size now 1mil, price per stack not changing is so confusing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]