Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

Pro : It's could to kill the private 3rd party market for gold and hopefully discourage botting eventually. Making $0.25 an hours vs. $2.50 is a huge hit to gold farming botters. A 90% paycut is enough to make most people quit their job. :)

Botters don't sell gold, that's the point, they sell gems. This is why gems are so cheap. It is the genuine player that sell gold : it take a very long time but it is balanced by the profit.
Botters are now gonna flood infinite cheap gold.
Reply Quote
Another good move....
Reply Quote
I second this thought. Maybe in a later patch perhaps? And for the RMAH gold prices, maybe find a reasonable selling point for gold. If the prices are too low, GAH prices will increase by the tens of millions if people decide to pay a paltry 25 cents for 1 mil, which isn't that much money, but the farming time for a mil is quite a bit.

Currently, I have a part time job and school that pays 15 an hour...I've been thinking if I just work ONE more hour, thats 15 bucks....much gold to be bought with that 15....but I must resist temptation!
Reply Quote
This pleases me, that is all
Reply Quote
This is probably the best post i've seen yet!
One quick question though, what's the deal with Quivers, how you cannot search for attack speed?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I've tried typing out my thoughts quite a few times now and I always end up wanting to resort to mindless profanity... gonna try and keep this calmer this time:

While I appreciate many of the changes that have been made for this patch, especially in terms of AH functionality, this may be one of the biggest screw jobs honest players have ever experienced. Anyone who pre-1.0.4 decided to play by the rules and use the RMAH instead of 3rd party sites got 1/10th of what they could post patch. Their 25 cents will now get them 10x more gold. Bought a fist weapon for 10 bucks? Tough. Now you can buy 10 of them for 10 bucks. I understand that there are kinks to be worked out and that this is basically uncharted territory for many of us (both gamers and Blizz people). I get that there are going to be changes and that nothing is guaranteed... buyer/seller beware. I guess my plea to y'all is that you actually learn from this stuff so that the next time you release something with real $$$ involved, you won't keep tweaking gear and prices so severely that the players can't feel safe from one day to the next knowing that what they bought could be obsolete overnight.

This said, I can't say I won't be on the first train to 10xmoregoldville once things come online. :/
Reply Quote
Where is the reccommended items page? This is confusing me? Some1 please clarify
Reply Quote
WOW! Look how much Fiery brimstone prices are skyrocketing......
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
Patch 1.0.4 will allow you to sell a stack of 1,000,000 gold for as low as $.25 (if that's your thing).

Yah only idiots would do that though currently, but the option is there for !@#$% to be ^-*!@.
Reply Quote
I've tried typing out my thoughts quite a few times now and I always end up wanting to resort to mindless profanity... gonna try and keep this calmer this time:

While I appreciate many of the changes that have been made for this patch, especially in terms of AH functionality, this may be one of the biggest screw jobs honest players have ever experienced. Anyone who pre-1.0.4 decided to play by the rules and use the RMAH instead of 3rd party sites got 1/10th of what they could post patch. Their 25 cents will now get them 10x more gold. Bought a fist weapon for 10 bucks? Tough. Now you can buy 10 of them for 10 bucks. I understand that there are kinks to be worked out and that this is basically uncharted territory for many of us (both gamers and Blizz people). I get that there are going to be changes and that nothing is guaranteed... buyer/seller beware. I guess my plea to y'all is that you actually learn from this stuff so that the next time you release something with real $$$ involved, you won't keep tweaking gear and prices so severely that the players can't feel safe from one day to the next knowing that what they bought could be obsolete overnight.

This said, I can't say I won't be on the first train to 10xmoregoldville once things come online. :/
gold will never be 25 cent per mil but it is currently 1 dollar per
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 07:10 PMPosted by SGX
WOW! Look how much Fiery brimstone prices are skyrocketing......

YES MORE MORE, I bought em at 45 cents each probably won't hit RMAH prices till after patch lands though.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Lylirra
Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.

That's my favorite part.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 07:14 PMPosted by tassili
gold will never be 25 cent per mil but it is currently 1 dollar per

Think about what you just said, that's only .75 cents away and with Blizzard dropping the floor so bad you know farmers will adjust.

Give it a months top, gold is going to gain value a little because everyone is going to want 1.04 gear, after that say especially when ppl start getting 300% natural GF and goldskins that's when the price will plummet to damn near that minimum.
Reply Quote
Why did I get the rare and magic materials when I salvaged 2 legendary items?
Reply Quote
Like!
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
Patch 1.0.4 will allow you to sell a stack of 1,000,000 gold for as low as $.25 (if that's your thing).

And thus be more competitive against 3rd parties also selling gold for a lower price than the auction house! However I do not have an opinion as to whether this is a good change or not I am just shedding some light on why this changed was deployed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]