Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

translation.... We needs your moneiez. We will take your quarters... Money, give us your money. here buy useless gold for your shiny moneiez!

We fix AH fo yo moniez. Moniez iz pioritazz!

MONEIEZ!

lol lol lol lol lol lol

so much win!!
Reply Quote
Please add:
- Maximum value field for preferred stats (for sellers)
- Drag and drop item in search area to find similar items (automatically sets search to same minimum level, same first six stats but -15% of their values; player can tweak these before initiating the actual search. If maximum value field is added, sets this to +15% of item's stat values.) (for sellers)
- In searches where the user has specified a maximum buyout, items with no buyout and a current minimum bid below the specified buyout appear. (the user is sometimes looking for items they can afford, not necessarily that they can buyout immediately) (or add a maximum current bid field)

For bonus points:
- Advanced search that allows custom SQL-style queries (I want to search for the combined value of single resist + all resist for my monk, since I care only about the sum and not the individual values)
- Searchable database of completed listings for last 24 hours. Could make this a premium feature for sellers.
Edited by NeilS#1265 on 8/20/2012 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Lylirra
Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.

This is not an all round search improvement. This is a search change.
Certainly it was a pain at times if I didn't want the stats from gems included in the search but there were also times when I did want them. So you haven't actually improved anything, just changed it. So there are still going to be times when I'll have to do multiple searches to find the gear I want because of this change.

I feel a better way to handle this would have been to include a check box to allow us to include or not include the stats from gems. That way we get to decide if we want the change or not.

With the current changes though it will certainly mean there is no point adding anything into the sockets of socketed items, whereas certainly before there was.
Reply Quote
<Edited out the previous quotes you were lost on.>

I have no idea what your random quotes are about, but it seems you are trying to say a solution to the problem I mentioned.

If that's the case, you misunderstand my post and what people are complaining about when they talk about items being "sniped" off the auction house. The problem is not that someone posts an item with a starting bid of 10k and a buyout of 100k, one person makes a bid for 10k and the seller only gets 10k because nobody else bid on it or bought it out.

The problem is that when you make a bid on an item, that bid is the winning bid for however long, and then you are checking up on the bid in the final minutes and when time remaining is <1m, someone makes a slightly higher bid, and before your screen updates to say the amount of the new bid, time has expired and you were winning a bid for however long and got beat out at the last second.

In the thread I previously linked to (here it is again: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6307801324 ) I posted two possible solutions to avoid this from happening. Here they are.

Bid Option

I've seen many players complain about items being sniped off the auction house at the last second after they had the winning bid for several minutes or hours. I've also seen the suggestion to increase the time remaining on an item before it expires so more bids are allowed to prevent items from being sniped.

Suggestion: If an item receives a bid within the last five minutes (five is just an example, it could be more or less), then the time remaining is bumped up to five minutes. This allows people to keep bidding on the item without extending the time remaining indefinitely, it prevents items from being sniped at the last second, allows the seller to make some more money than they would if the buyout amount is not reached, and Blizzard can collect more gold or money from the transaction.

Suggestion: If a bid is placed within the last five minutes (again, five is just an example), future bids can only be placed by players who have previously bid on the item. This way if several players are engaged in a bidding war, one of them is guaranteed to get the item, and they only have each other to compete with rather than the whole community.

You do not understand then...

Item:
10,000 Bid
100,000 Buyout

You can bid 10,001 and hope nobody sees it. But the smart person would put a bid of 75,000 and not get "bought out" in the last five minutes.
When the auction ends the remaining balance from the "CURRENT" bid to your "MAX BID" is sent back to you with the item you have won.
Edited by M6412N412D#1325 on 8/20/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Six Affixes search = harder to sell non-Godly item.

People will put exactly what they want and won't bother browsing around. You heard it here first.
Reply Quote
Patch 1.0.4 will allow you to sell a stack of 1,000,000 gold for as low as $.25 (if that's your thing).

lol the whole 100 stack....maximum stack size now 1mil, price per stack not changing is so confusing.

This is a GOOD thing to you? Ugh...
Reply Quote
when will this patch come out next week the 28th?
Reply Quote
A little tear actually just rolled down my cheek *sniffs* I love you guys!
Reply Quote
that's mean i can use all my $500 i made for katrilion gold :).
Reply Quote
me gusta.
Reply Quote
My above deletion was not meant for this topic but another topic that was apparently deleted.
Reply Quote
its about time
Reply Quote
Can you guys update the completed log so we can go back and check all our purchase/sold/not sold/etc. in an organized tab??
Reply Quote
Even though I received no comments on my thread about this a while back, it pleases me to no end to see that almost everything I requested ended up in this patch. Awesome.

(my old post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6308611984)
Edited by Balrog#1878 on 8/20/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Botters are gunna get soo mad after all that effort to farm.
Reply Quote
love it. blizzard actually listens to us !@#$%^-s- and I absolutely LOVE it!!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Demon hunter:cluster arrows has a -x reduction cost to cast, (up to 5)
but it is not in the AH..

is that being added? can you please check? pleeeease
Reply Quote
YES! F*CK YES< now we get 6 search options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Nice!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]