Diablo® III

1.0.4 Auction House Updates

08/22/2012 11:04 AMPosted by SharkBait

Ruined the auction house. Anyone else notice their slotted items not selling as fast? This was not broken why change it. I love all other changes.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. When I search, I usually will include "includes sockets" as a search term. But then if I'm searching for dexterity for example, I could search for 100 Dex and get something with no dex but sockets that have gems in them for it. When I search for 100 Dex, I want something with 100 Dex plus X number of sockets. With the extra search fields, this is much better now.

With the old way, you would be finding lots of things you didn't want. It always annoyed me.

I actually have to completely agree with Sharkbait. So many times I searched for an item with specific attributes and found an item with crappy attributes or none at all, and the only reason it even came up in the search was because it was socketed with a gem. So I personally am glad to see this change.

Also wondering why there seems to be no item compare tooltip in the search? Apparently it's only on the Recommended Items page. Many times I've wished for that to be available while searching for new equipment in the AH. And it seems that there's quite a few other people that wish that was available, too.
Reply Quote
Code
Reply Quote
Lylirra can you say if you're planning to add the ability to search for recently completed transactions in 1.10? This is the only way people will be able to really know what items are worth.

Also do you plan to add the ability to sort the AH based on current bid price?

Also it would nice it see the option on whether or not to include the bonus from gems in my searches. I personally don't mind buying an item with an already filled socket, and it would be nice to be able to keep that option.

Thanks
Edited by FreedomFiter#1625 on 8/22/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Average Damage currently doesn't take into account all the bonuses. I would rather be able to search for "average DPS"
Reply Quote
yay
Reply Quote
Why won't AH accept new posts...just says " Cancel "...no countdown just Cancel?
Edited by Direspider#1548 on 8/22/2012 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
honestly, you should really take away out raccomended page altogether, i never used it, it' keeps suggesting me to replace my justice lantern and string of ears, i suppose based on the lower itemlvl of those two items, which yet sport some nice other stats -melee dmg reduction and block% which are quite unique in diablo 3. also i'm sad to see that you didn't add block% to any legendary apart from a low lvl sword.. and just increased it by 2% on stormshield with a perfect roll :(

what i'd like to see is full item comparisons tooltips for weapons and armor after a search, for some reason i can't tell how much more dmg i'd be doing just by looking at a weapon/piece of gear listed on ah. and i can't get the comparison tooltip with +dmg or -dmg to pop.

or am i missing something ? is there an option for it ?
Reply Quote
Now fix the bug where people can buyout auctions for the bid price when no buyout is listed.

And don't bother coming back till it's done.
Reply Quote
Has anyone else noticed that there are no items past 6 hours left?
there were plenty of them yesterday. Blizz not wanting people sniping auction bids for cheap?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Lylirra,

The AH search function seems to be broken beyond recognition.

When searching for helms that have >21% MF in them for example, I used to just put in say, 40% MF and the system would calculate both base helm MF and socketed MF. Unfortunately, now I can't even search the sockets if I want to. I have to sift through hundreds upon hundreds of items to search for what I want.

It is nice to have more search items available, but even basic searching right now is a royal pain in the rear. Using the "Average Damage" search, I have to go all the way down to 700 just to see 1300 DPS items and higher. None of this makes any sense, and is operating in a manner opposite to how it used to, making searches just aggravatingly /headdesk-tastic.

We've gone from one end of the spectrum to the opposite end, forgetting to stop at the happy medium. Is there any info on when, or if this will be fixed? I dread using the AH now. This is where PTRs really start to come in handy.
Reply Quote
There is still a lack of searchable average damage on Sources and Mojos. This would be a wonderful addition to the AH, as searching for off-hands is rather onerous without the ability to do so.
Reply Quote
Lylirra,

The AH search function seems to be broken beyond recognition.

When searching for helms that have >21% MF in them for example, I used to just put in say, 40% MF and the system would calculate both base helm MF and socketed MF. Unfortunately, now I can't even search the sockets if I want to. I have to sift through hundreds upon hundreds of items to search for what I want.

It is nice to have more search items available, but even basic searching right now is a royal pain in the rear. Using the "Average Damage" search, I have to go all the way down to 700 just to see 1300 DPS items and higher. None of this makes any sense, and is operating in a manner opposite to how it used to, making searches just aggravatingly /headdesk-tastic.

We've gone from one end of the spectrum to the opposite end, forgetting to stop at the happy medium. Is there any info on when, or if this will be fixed? I dread using the AH now. This is where PTRs really start to come in handy.

If the method you've been using to search for things isn't working, try revising your query method. Instead of searching based upon damage for weapons, put in the non-damage stats you want, organize by composite damage (the default organizational method) and see if you find anything to your liking in the range you want.

As for searching for MF on helms, I don't really see a problem here. Just search for the amount of MF you want inherently on the helm. If you don't care if it has inherent MF, just search for ones that have a socket. If you want one with MF that you can add onto, search for the base MF you want and a socket. Crisis averted.
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Andernut
Average Damage currently doesn't take into account all the bonuses. I would rather be able to search for "average DPS"

The "Average Damage" query only searches for Min Damage, (Max Damage/2), Min-Max damage and [Min Damage + (Max Damage/2)]. It isn't meant to calculate the weapon DPS. The ability to organize your results by DPS already handles that without having to add an additional query to the list.
Edited by ArsMoritoria#1932 on 8/22/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Do people still get ban for selling too many items? I've heard of this happening a lot.. apparently you can sell items, but if you sell too many you simply get ban.
Edited by ShT#1860 on 8/22/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Amazing improvements!!! The mist is lifted and I feel like I'm in control now :)
10x 10x 10x
Reply Quote
Players can now search for stats on Legendary items! Yay! <<<

Yaaaay
Reply Quote
Amazing improvements!!! The mist is lifted and I feel like I'm in control now :)
10x 10x 10x
Reply Quote
PLEASE make an button that will reset all search tabs ... simple yet hasn't been done yet :/ ... it really sucks checking how much to list 1 thing for and then having to go back through all the search options to cancel previous stats searched for.
Reply Quote
hungpanda#3573
Reply Quote
should have done this earlier, anyways you guys also profit from AH commisions.
anyway better late than never
Edited by palmblue#6350 on 8/23/2012 6:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]