Diablo® III

Why punish high DPS.

Reflect Damage is seriously a problem. Why should I be punished for having 90k damage. Very anti-fun mechanic IMO. Would like to see this changed in 1.0.4 and hopefully a blue response on Monday.

Maybe have it so they only reflect a certain amount of damage (nerfed ignore pain/diamond skin to our health).Not based on my defense/resist and damage output, and its also really owns the range classes... which is not proper balancing IMO If barbs and monks don't get hurt by it because they are naturally tanky why should high DPS get punished so hard.

Oh ya forgot to add pots cant even heal you that much so that makes the situation even worse.

edit: You should have more of an option. Why does every gear need a defense aspect some as vit/all res .. just to counter ONE affix. Why do you have to downgrade your weapon for LOH for one affix. Classes should have built in mechanics to counter affixes. Not crying NERF crying for BUFFS.

edit #2. Please don't tell me how i should play. I killed inferno diablo months ago when all of you who criticize me haven't. LOL.
Edited by CKTheBoss#1345 on 8/18/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love the reflect damage mobs though, they require that you somewhat plan ahead and locate wells, potion usage and globes.

But I only have a mere 40k DPS, so I understand where you're coming from.
Reply Quote
when i was running blizz/hydra on my wizard, reflect dmg was always a pain in the !@#. even using diamond skin, i would end up running around waiting on potion cd so i could heal up just to be able to do damage again.
Reply Quote
Why punish low DPS players for low DPS... enrage timers are a very anti-fun mechanic IMO... I would like it changed by next week and a Green response by before the next full moon.

OP...

Reflect damage is manageable... learn to deal with it is all.
Reply Quote
takes me about 800 LOH to even break even for the crap(which means sacrificing my weapon gem). agreed tho. in my mf gear(wat i am using now) i have some times one shotted myself.

sincerely,
a dh

EDIT: PS- if u didnt nerf my nether tentacle to the ground it wouldnt be so hard. nether tentacle still works but the hit box is so tiny that the ball can pass right through enemies sometimes and do 0 damage to them
Edited by LarryG#1857 on 8/18/2012 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reflect damage use to be a problem, and then i decided to use my brain instead of cry on the forums. i switch to a lower dps bow that has 700 LOH, get more armor and life, go with burst damage and use smoke screen.

Maybe you should try dealing with the problem before you cry nerf?

Reply Quote
I think reflect damage should exist. It makes for a lot of strategic damage dealing/defensives being needed.

But it does show up on way too many mobs, and reflects way too much damage.

(coming from a former dh)

I swear when I played my glasscannon dh, reflect damage came up on over 50% of the mobs.
Reply Quote
Why punish low DPS players for low DPS... enrage timers are a very anti-fun mechanic IMO... I would like it changed by next week and a Green response by before the next full moon.

OP...

Reflect damage is manageable... learn to deal with it is all.

I know where you are coming from. I do also have a tanky barb with only 13k dps w/o shout. Countless times i have been enraged on and not even taken down close to death.

This is why I made a wizard because I wanted a change, because enrage timers were horrible. Now I do massive damage and get owned by a single affix.. not the monster it self. I guess i just need balance in my life. But hybrid dps/tanky gear can get so expensive.. not including MF on it.. lol.
Reply Quote
takes me about 800 LOH to even break even for the crap(which means sacrificing my weapon gem). agreed tho. in my mf gear(wat i am using now) i have some times one shotted myself.

sincerely,
a dh
use shadow power with gloom. on top of your loh. i don't even notice reflects damage.
Reply Quote
Pro tip: If you stack any combination of the following, All Resist, +Armor, Life Regeneration, Life on Hit, Life Leech %, you take less damage reflected back at you ;) You're welcome.
Reply Quote
Did you not think that this mechanic was introduced purposefully to ruin "glass cannons" like yourselves ? lol .

You're all so closed minded.
Reply Quote
put up some life leech gears or use shadow power
play strategically or is it too hard for you?
Reply Quote
you just need more defense, geez

people dont get that every class need armor, resist all and vit...
Reply Quote
Guessing OP never played D2 when certain elites could cast Iron Maiden... FAR worse than reflect damage is currently.
Reply Quote
Reflect damage use to be a problem, and then i decided to use my brain instead of cry on the forums. i switch to a lower dps bow that has 700 LOH, get more armor and life, go with burst damage and use smoke screen.

Maybe you should try dealing with the problem before you cry nerf?

Lol. You must not have a wizard. Shadow Power/ Gloom and Smoke Screen are hard counters to reflect damage. You can actually gain life back with gloom.. and it reduces damage. As a wizard i have force weapon with some SUPER low life steal which does not even show a difference. Diamond skin hardly works because my DPS is massive.

Just saying.. give more power to the people..
Reply Quote
put up some life leech gears or use shadow power
play strategically or is it too hard for you?
full retard right here. DH counter Reflect damage with their spells. Wizards dont.
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 04:40 PMPosted by P07H34D
Guessing OP never played D2 when certain elites could cast Iron Maiden... FAR worse than reflect damage is currently.

^

and you 2 must've forgot this is D3. You didnt have 100k + dps in D2.
Reply Quote
Over 110k dps here. You just need some life on hit and/or life leech. Reflect damage doesn't hurt me as fast as I heal.
Edited by Alucard#1513 on 8/18/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]