Diablo® III

Why punish high DPS.

So I have around 120k dps, and crit around 250-350k. With 20k hp (more than a lot of non-tanky DH's have) I oneshot myself with a single crit, let alone when it hits 3-4 mobs and the damage spirals up to about 1million+ on a single skill. I don't mind the concept of reflects damage, but ffs, make the damage received from it cap out at a certain % of your max hp.
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Selvaria
So I have around 120k dps, and crit around 250-350k. With 20k hp (more than a lot of non-tanky DH's have) I oneshot myself with a single crit, let alone when it hits 3-4 mobs and the damage spirals up to about 1million+ on a single skill. I don't mind the concept of reflects damage, but ffs, make the damage received from it cap out at a certain % of your max hp.

Finally.... Someone who is smart and understands where im coming from. !@#$ is real when your critting for over 200k.
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 04:46 PMPosted by CKTheBoss
and you 2 must've forgot this is D3. You didnt have 100k + dps in D2.
People also had 1100-2000 HP in D2.

Useless numbers are useless.
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Warrior
Get some damn vitality and quit being a cheesy glass cannon.
Reply Quote
I used to cry about Damage reflect on my DH...Then I got full nats so I can spam gloom forever and it doesn't bother me one bit.
Reply Quote
Why should I be punished for having 90k damage and not paying attention

fixed
Reply Quote
Login to your real account and have the confidence to post on it before you trash what other people say.

As for the arguments on vitality + defense, for those of us with high crit damage builds, there's enough damage going out on a single skill to kill us 4-5 times over with at minimum. I have more hp than most glass cannons, and a relatively low dps, and I still do enough that it will kill me 5 times over. No amount of defense or vitality will change that.

I personally don't mind that Reflects Damage makes me play strategically, I have to think a lot, and manage a lot, before I ever fire that first shot. I just wish that it wouldn't have the capacity to oneshot me. Make the damage inflicted on me cap out at say 90% of my hp (per use of skill) no matter what damage I do. For most people, that wouldn't effect them much. For those of us with glass cannon builds it would give us enough of a leeway with the mobs not to feel crippled when facing them. Especially in the later acts where elites have much more hp, and we start running into enrage timers while we try not to kill ourselves on the mob.
Edited by Selvaria#1560 on 8/18/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Every other affix counters low DPS, they had one to keep pure DPS in check a little.
Reply Quote
They don't punish you for high dps. They punish you for having no life.
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 05:04 PMPosted by totallybaked
They don't punish you for high dps. They punish you for having no life.

^
Get some loh/ll or even just have a weapon on switch with said stats.
Reply Quote
Why punish low DPS players for low DPS... enrage timers are a very anti-fun mechanic IMO... I would like it changed by next week and a Green response by before the next full moon.

OP...

Reflect damage is manageable... learn to deal with it is all.

Read the patch preview they are removing enrage timers, and healing to full from elites and rares. It mentioned changes to monster affixes like fire chains, shielding, nightmarish and said they are removing invunerable minions. A blue said they are looking at all affixes. Combine those nerfs with reducing elites HP and the game will be a cakewalk after 1.0.4.
Reply Quote
Reflective damage is not that bad, but sometimes I get myself killed before I realize that it has reflective damage :(
Reply Quote
Reflect damage is there to keep ranged from going straight DPS and just shooting at monsters off screen. There are many ways to mitigate it.
Reply Quote
My only issue with reflects as the stand come from my hydra. I take reflect damage from what it does, but can't leach from what it does. I wouldn't mind the no leach if I didn't eat the reflect. I wouldn't mind the reflect if I got the leach.
Reply Quote
Why punish low DPS players for low DPS... enrage timers are a very anti-fun mechanic IMO... I would like it changed by next week and a Green response by before the next full moon.

OP...

Reflect damage is manageable... learn to deal with it is all.

I could care less one way or the other about this thread but..

Enrage timers are being removed. Your analogy is flawed.
Edited by Reslin#1758 on 8/18/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]