Diablo® III

D3 Crashing Video Card Drivers - STILL

(Locked)

This is at the point where it's unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE.
I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 250 GTS. It is not in your unsupported card list. Yet, every time I play this game the video drivers are constantly crashing. Considering I play other graphically intensive games near the highest of settings and have no crash issues and throw in the fact that I'm not the only one that is experiencing this, I'm extremely certain that it is YOUR problem.

This has been happening since the game launched. It has killed me several times due to inconvenient lock ups where it would crash, then come back in about 6-8 seconds later only to crash immediately again. I refuse to even attempt to level my hardcore character for this very reason.

Now, as of the 1.0.4 patch, it is happening in such frequent succession that it's outright CRASHING my game, causing me to lose all my valor stacks (by the way, no grace period added in yet for people that disconnect from a game to keep their stacks? Nice job Blizzard.)

So, does Blizz just not care?
I do honestly hope that is not the case...cuz if it is, that's bad PR for them...REALLY REALLY bad PR. I'm in the same boat you are...I just hope that Blizz decides to board up and fix this crap.
Same happens to me and my 2 buddies.
Just came back after long "break", now my GTX680 also seems to be crashing its up to date drivers...
Don't worry guys. They're not fixing it. Below is my support ticket I started. Don't worry, I reopened it purely to be annoying.

Hello Robert,

This is Brian from Blizzard Account and Technical support. I looked at the MSINFO and nothing sticks out as an issue. I can really only conclude that you are having software compatibility issues based on your description.

Software development is extremely complicated and no developer that I know of has ever been able to create a game that works on every computer. Game Developers also rely on the manufacturers to provide drivers that work effectively with games. I had a card from ATI that I ended up swapping out for this very same reason with other games.

Aside from standard graphics troubleshooting, which from your description you have done there is nothing left that we can do to make it work smoothly aside from future drivers and patches. A more current graphics card may also assist with crash issues.

The only other thing that caused system crashes in our games is RAM. Sometimes faulty RAM can make issues while playing games. You may want to take your machine to your local computer repair shop and see if they can help with troubleshooting your hardware.

If you have any questions about this or any other issue, feel free to reply to this ticket or give us a call. Our contact information can be found at http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html.

Regards,

Brian K
Blizzard Entertainment
Account and Technical Support

In my 10 years of hardcore computer gaming the only time I've ever ran into an issue was when I was playing a Malaysian MMO that was poorly coded. That was about eight year ago, and it only became a problem after about four years when video cards drivers no longer included a component that was needed for the game.

Makes me feel like Blizzard are a bunch of amateurs.
Edited by Trocadero#1164 on 8/22/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Bump.
My head hurts from attempting to still play. Time to uninstall and let things take their course. I have Path of Exile to play until GW2 hits.

Enjoy my $60. Firmly committed to never buying a Blizzard product again.
I can go one further.

I reinstalled today and my video card started crashing on Windows start-up. Windows would load and I'd get a black screen at Windows login.

Uninstalled D3 again and the problem disappeared.

The game wouldn't patch anyway. It's just not worth the hassle. I'm out.
Well, after some friendly banter with Brian, the only conclusion is that it's Nvidia's fault for making drivers that don't work with their game. It was also suggested to me that I could try swapping out my video card for a different one to see if the problem persists; they wouldn't offer me a video card to swap it out with. Scumbag Blizzard.
View profile
@Trocadero

Have you seen this thread?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151716903

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as what you're having, but it may be worth a shot!
same thing here since 1.04 d3 crashes within a minute of playing with my computer restarting or bsod with an ati raedon 6800hd series.

I since then put a nvidia 9800 gtx in my computer and it crashes less frequently i get an hour maybe 2 hours of play before it crashes.
I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 250 GTS. It is not in your unsupported card list. Yet, every time I play this game the video drivers are constantly crashing. Considering I play other graphically intensive games near the highest of settings and have no crash issues and throw in the fact that I'm not the only one that is experiencing this, I'm extremely certain that it is YOUR problem.

This has been happening since the game launched. It has killed me several times due to inconvenient lock ups where it would crash, then come back in about 6-8 seconds later only to crash immediately again. I refuse to even attempt to level my hardcore character for this very reason.

Now, as of the 1.0.4 patch, it is happening in such frequent succession that it's outright CRASHING my game, causing me to lose all my valor stacks (by the way, no grace period added in yet for people that disconnect from a game to keep their stacks? Nice job Blizzard.)

exact same issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
90 Dwarf Death Knight
08/23/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Trocadero
Well, after some friendly banter with Brian, the only conclusion is that it's Nvidia's fault for making drivers that don't work with their game. It was also suggested to me that I could try swapping out my video card for a different one to see if the problem persists; they wouldn't offer me a video card to swap it out with. Scumbag Blizzard.

You expected Blizzard to just give you a video card to test with? ROFL.
My wife uses this same card and has no crashes. Perhaps your settings are too high. A weak power supply can also cause the crash when the card tries to pull too much amperage across a rail.

I have been getting the occasional crash since the 1.04 patch on dual GTX-560 ti (ASUS TOP DCII's). Perhaps an uninstall would help for me.

PUT AN EXCLUSION FOR THE DIII FOLDER ON YOUR ANTIVIRUS SCANNER's ACTIVE SCAN!!!

exact same issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patch 1.04 is causing the game to crash!! After patch 1.03 the black screening started to occur. However, SC2 has the same problem!!! IT must be some type of game engine problem as I bet both are built on the same engine.

NO Other games are exhibiting the issue, only SC2 and Diablo 3!! It just locks up suddenly and crashes, its almost like a memory fault occurs in a standard application crash... blame it on the CPU for not liking the instructions!!!!
Same thing happened to me. After patch 1.04. I never had problems but now its doing the following : Fade to black. BSOD. Drivers crashed but recovered then my computer reboot. It happens every 20 min now while playing diablo and i can't play the game anymore.

My laptop is brand new so come on..

I hope its not harming my computer.
maybe this is a DX issue. Try reinstalling direct-X
And i am another that has a Nvidia gt 240 that worked great before the 1.04 patch not 1 crash then after the patch 10-20 min i Bsod and crash n burn then gotta restart my box just like Hellshad and the other ppl have to do.... and its getting really Fukn annoying.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151716903
Trying this out hopefully it is some kind of solution
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]