Diablo® III

Authentication needed for API wrapper?

Hi,

i couldn't find any answer for my following questions so i would appreciate it if someone could help me with this:

1. I am currently writing my own class library to use the Diablo 3 Web API in a .NET application. I would publish this library so if anyone needs it, he can use it. My question now is: Do i need to authenticate this library?
I'm asking because of the restriction of 10.000 unauthenticated requests for a single application per day. If i use this library with for example 5.000 requests per day and someone else would use it too with 6k. Would those sum up to 11.000 requests per day?

2. I have read that an applicationname should not include any "Blizzard trademarks, titles, or tradenames" . So i understand that i shouldnt name my application or library like: "Diablo3-whatever" or "Battle.Net-whatever". But i thought about something like "D3.NET", would this be ok or is D3 also registered by Blizzard?

3. I wasn't able to find something like this but are there any "patch"-notes out there where i can find the latest changes in the web API? I'm parsing the Json Objects which i get from the request and it would really help me to modify my objects, when i know exactly what changed. If not, it's ok, i have to live with that but i just want to get sure to not miss this if it's somewhere out there.

I hope someone can help me with those questions. I'm not planning on something really big, i'm just using the API to have a cool project while learning how to use the Windows Presentation Framework in .NET. But i don't want to break any rules.

Greets,
Atrion
Reply Quote
1. You should NOT embed an authentication key into any library you provide. Every end-user needs to get their own.

2. As far as I know, "D3" is not a trademark of Blizzard Entertainment.

3. No, there are no patch notes. You just have to monitor blue-posts on this forum.

On another note, there's a list of libraries for various languages that other people have created here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6307731317
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]