Diablo® III

Puzzle Ring clarification : Blue please!

Just a quick question about the Puzzle Ring post 1.04, sorry if I missed this somewhere else but I haven't been able to find an answer. The ring requires you to be level 40. So when a goblin spawns as a result of the ring, is the goblin's level/loot going to be based off the item's level (level 40ish loot) or your character's level (level 60 loot)? Would like some clarification before dedicating hours of farming or hundreds of millions of gold to this ring.
Reply Quote
It rather depends where does goblin spawn. Inf A1, A2, A3/4 for different loot tables.
Reply Quote
Yes that is what I was thinking when I mentioned character level, thank you for adding that in it more accurately describes my question. Basically I don't want to go through the effort of getting the ring to have it spawn level 40 treasure goblins in the middle of A3 inferno.
Reply Quote
i would have rather they make that ring a drop from a goblin and u use it to go through there portal into greeds lair giving us a few more areas to explore and a new boss.
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if this site is right? (20% proc) ?

http://www.d3lexicon.com/item/puzzle-ring

Also will it drop in inferno or do I have to farm nightmare to get it
Reply Quote
bump for answers
trying to buying one
Reply Quote
nightmare, it will spawn a lvl 40 goblin, im pretty sure it will drop 40ish stuff regardless of act.

but then, I could be wrong, only one way to find out, hehe
Reply Quote
Have you tested it?
Reply Quote
Any chance of getting a blue to drop in and provide some help? Would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
confirmed it drops lvl 40 gear?
Reply Quote
If this drops Inferno gear when in Inferno then it's one hell of equipment! Please anyone tested it?
There is only one on EU server for 200 mil. currently.
Reply Quote
20%, are you kidding? The screen would be crawling with treasure goblins if the proc was that high. And come on, this is blizz, something like this where the proc is so obviously exploitable will have a proc rate so low as to almost be unnoticeable. Do not spend alot on this item, it is merely a novelty.

Here's a vid of how long it takes to proc while surrounded by mobs in inferno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V16zK9HB1c

EDIT: Ok its not Inferno, I just assumed it was since I forgot the other difficulties existed... Point is it took 5 minutes standing there getting wailed on to get a treasure goblin...dont think it matters what difficulty it is, the proc rate will likely be the same.
Edited by Fusrodah#1817 on 8/22/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I strongly suppose that the goblin incl. loot IS depending on difficulty/act! in the vid he spawned one in normal and the loot was lvl 10 stuf!!
If this is true then holy beep!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The level of the Treasure Goblin summoned by a Puzzle Ring is based on what difficulty the wearer is currently playing through. If you're playing in Normal, you'll summon a lower level goblin; if you're playing in Inferno, you'll summon a higher level goblin.

Normal - lvl 13
Nightmare - lvl 35
Hell - lvl 53
Inferno - lvl 61

The loot the goblin drops will then be based on its level (not the wearer's level or the level requirement on the ring), so what you get really depends on what you're doing at the time. :)

(Next Blizzard Post)
Edited by Lylirra on 8/22/2012 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 02:44 PMPosted by KwShinigami
that wasn't inferno.......

Definitely not Inferno. No Demon Hunter could survive that many hits from those snakemen if it were Inferno <_<
Reply Quote
Does the effect stack if you wear two? Does it affect followers if the follower wears it? Do pets trigger the effect as well?
Edited by JohnTeddy#6592 on 8/22/2012 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
20%, are you kidding? The screen would be crawling with treasure goblins if the proc was that high. And come on, this is blizz, something like this where the proc is so obviously exploitable will have a proc rate so low as to almost be unnoticeable. Do not spend alot on this item, it is merely a novelty.

Here's a vid of how long it takes to proc while surrounded by mobs in Inferno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V16zK9HB1c

In the video he actually says it's act 2 normal at the very start, So I have no idea on where you got this inferno business from?..
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 02:47 PMPosted by JohnTeddy
Does the effect stack if you wear two? Does it affect followers if the follower wears it? Do pets trigger the effect as well?

You shouldn't be able to wear two at the same time. "Unique Equipped"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]