Diablo® III

Blue, important question regarding Zombie dog

What determines the cap on the absorb of their new force armor, or how overflow damage is determined.

Some attacks still kill the dogs in one hit, including some pretty beefy ones. I'm not complaining, I think they are great and it's okay for them to get smushed, just would like to know more specifics about how it works.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Certain attacks and less-common environmental hazards -- such as the fire created on the ground by Skeletal Mages – do lots of small, rapid attacks that can quickly damage Zombie Dogs and Gargantuans. We know this type of damage can be difficult to predict, so we’re looking into having these spells do reduced damage to pets, much like we did for Plague, Molten, and Desecrator.
Edited by Lylirra on 8/24/2012 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, already answered the only question I was every going to ask about those damage types to the pets.

Great job! :D
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Certain attacks and less-common environmental hazards -- such as the fire created on the ground by Skeletal Mages – do lots of small, rapid attacks that can quickly damage Zombie Dogs and Gargantuans. We know this type of damage can be difficult to predict, so we’re looking into having these spells do reduced damage to pets, much like we did for Plague, Molten and Desecrator.

Yes please. Those spinning mobs in Act 2 destroy my pets and they are quite frequent.
Reply Quote
  • Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

• amazing how the first response was blue eh? Still have never received a blue response to anything I have posted ever. Even when it goes 10 pages long.
    Reply Quote
    Certain attacks and less-common environmental hazards -- such as the fire created on the ground by Skeletal Mages – do lots of small, rapid attacks that can quickly damage Zombie Dogs and Gargantuans. We know this type of damage can be difficult to predict, so we’re looking into having these spells do reduced damage to pets, much like we did for Plague, Molten and Desecrator.

Just because these attacks are good against pets does not mean they need to get nerfed. It's good to have hard counters. Zombie Dogs are pretty easy to spam now too.
    Reply Quote
    Those Fallen Maniacs in act 3 were 1 shotting my pets today. Are there certain types of attacks that go beyond the cap or is that a bug?
    Reply Quote
    I'm playing a thorns WD with about 2500 thorn dmg, which transfers to my dogs and garg. The only things killing them in 1-2 shots are the Fallen Maniacs and Mallet Lords.
    Reply Quote

amazing how the first response was blue eh? Still have never received a blue response to anything I have posted ever. Even when it goes 10 pages long.

Your milkshake doesn't bring all the blues to the yard.
    Reply Quote

I think I have seen that some hard hitting attacks (such as those that have a swing animition build up) seem to do more than expected damage to dogs. Is this intended?
    Reply Quote
    Pretty sure 1 suicide bomber aka fallen maniac can one shot my K9.
    Reply Quote
    While ur at it reduce their damage in total. The fire on the ground in act2 does more damage than the elites attacks.
    Reply Quote

amazing how the first response was blue eh? Still have never received a blue response to anything I have posted ever. Even when it goes 10 pages long.

Your milkshake doesn't bring all the blues to the yard.

^This made my day ;)
    Reply Quote

It's not just the rapid attacks. "Baneling" explosion seems to completely ignore pet armor, my dogs get killed in a single shot in spite of my ~40k health, ~3k armor and ~700 Resist All, plus "Jungle Fortitude."

Are they doing lots of little attacks instantly, or are they just ignoring all defenses?
    Edited by VoxDeus#1305 on 8/24/2012 6:41 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Certain attacks and less-common environmental hazards -- such as the fire created on the ground by Skeletal Mages – do lots of small, rapid attacks that can quickly damage Zombie Dogs and Gargantuans. We know this type of damage can be difficult to predict, so we’re looking into having these spells do reduced damage to pets, much like we did for Plague, Molten, and Desecrator.

One thing I would like to make certain is does dog's Force Armor works like that of Wizard's that its damage reduction is capped by the total health of the dog? It was not mentioned in the blog, so I would like to hear so confirmation.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Warlock

It's not just the rapid attacks. "Baneling" explosion seems to completely ignore pet armor, my dogs get killed in a single shot in spite of my ~40k health, ~3k armor and ~700 Resist All, plus "Jungle Fortitude."

Are they doing lots of little attacks instantly, or are they just ignoring all defenses?

This is the most frustrating issue with pets right now. Banelings and "swing build up" attacks are hitting WAY too hard. As though the "force armor" passive is being outright ignored by the attacks.
    Edited by Caz#1594 on 8/24/2012 7:44 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I do'nt care that my dog dies in one hit from big attacks. he only does 9% damage, WTF am I supposed to do with 9% damage?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]