^
Reply Quote
bump cause i wanna know
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 02:34 AMPosted by RFonger
bump cause i wanna know

thanks guys,

as of now i just shun off co-op because I feel I lvl up faster in solo

I think this sort of mentality isn't what JW and gang had in mind, so if anyone could clarify it would be GREAT!
Reply Quote
well i have tryed solo and in groups and for me solo is the way to go. it might be because im a ww barb or that im grouping with people that dont have the same level gear as me but in general things just seem easier solo
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 03:18 AMPosted by Skags
well i have tryed solo and in groups and for me solo is the way to go. it might be because im a ww barb or that im grouping with people that dont have the same level gear as me but in general things just seem easier solo

i do remember towards the end of d2 everyone needed 8 player cow to push themselves towards the high 90's so yeah, solo should not be encouraged for paragon lvling as I do not think this is what the devs had in mind.

It didn't matter if you had a OP build that you could kill faster, if the XP bonus is more beneficial in 4 player games everyone will jump on it.
Reply Quote
Not sure, may as well take advantage of the changes they've made for coop tho. I dont solo anymore.
Reply Quote
This is the best way to explain it...

Experience gained from monsters doesn't change when multiple people are in the game.

IE - You get 50 Experience for a Zombie solo, you get 50 Xp for a zombie with 2-4 players in the game.

The amount of experience gained from monsters won't change.

That being said it comes down to this question to answer your question. Answer this, and you have your answer...

"Can you kill monsters faster in a group of 2-4, then you can solo?" Maybe your friend has 100+K dps character and he/she just destroys stuff.

Answer this, and you have your answer to your question.

I would say this...

My monk only has 22K DPS, 26~ish with Blazing Wrath from Breath of Heaven. So I don't kill things "Fast", but I manage to kill stuff fine, and in a "reasonable" fashion in act2, it slows quite a bit in Act3 because of the HP difference. My Roommate has a 97K dps DH (obviously that's with SS, SA, and Archery).

I get more experience in the same amount of time with him, than I do solo, because we kill things much faster than I do solo.

So for me, It's faster in a group with my roomy.
Reply Quote
There is no current xp bonus playing in coop like we have in D2.

In fact all depends of your groups.

Solo is a win for Paragon leveling as we only get xp by :
-Killing monsters.
-Massacre,Killing blow, Destroy alot destructible items.
-Also Killing faster monsters alone.

These bonus are easier in solo IMO. You only miss Savior bonus and Survival bonus maybe.
Edited by Vortexz#1471 on 8/22/2012 4:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is what i personally think, solo would be better if you can round up a whole group of mobs and elites.

Then kill them in a massacre for bonus XP. That's if you can take all the hits as you go.

I aim for around 30-50 mobs at once but you can get higher in some maps, eg check photo below.

http://i.imgur.com/E9bwo.jpg
Edited by Archimonde#1447 on 8/22/2012 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Question answered by Stiria. D3 leveling isn't the same as D2, if you are trying to base the former from the latter.

Solo exp is just the same as coop and only way to get more experience is by having armors that ups experience gained. The closest thing you get in coop for exp "bonus" is faster exp gained as long as. as stated by Stiria, you have strong players in your party that can kill monsters faster than you do.

Better not expect much that coop will get you exp faster when your party member deals less damage than you do. For what reason? Monster health goes up in coop mode meaning it will take you longer to kill a monster if it is only you who do huge damage. This does not mean to say weaker allies make them useless. You can ping pong enemies which makes you live longer, in addition to team buffs they do which helps a lot (ie: Barb warcries).
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 04:33 AMPosted by Archimonde
http://i.imgur.com/E9bwo.jpg

That's sad knowing that 88 Massacre = ~13K xp.

Fun to know it's better to do lot of little massacre than chain them !! thanks for info :P

08/22/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Mensahero
Better not expect much that coop will get you exp faster when your party member deals less damage than you do. For what reason? Monster health goes up in coop mode meaning it will take you longer to kill a monster if it is only you who do huge damage. This does not mean to say weaker allies make them useless. You can ping pong enemies which makes you live longer, in addition to team buffs they do which helps a lot (ie: Barb warcries).

As long each team member do >=75% of your Damage that lead in the same amount of time to kill thing and you stay together ... but say good bye to massacre bonus and killing blow.
Edited by Vortexz#1471 on 8/22/2012 4:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe solo is better for one major reason: Combat Streak Bonuses.

In multiplayer it is much harder to get a Massacre, Killing Blow, or Pulverize bonus on a large group of monsters. These bonuses, while somewhat small (I have gotten up to 4k in a single bonus though) add up when spaced over an entire playthrough.
Reply Quote
Yes to bad coop playing still isnt rewarded so every1 going solo.

Same XP for stronger(more HP) mobs in coop games and no xp reward kinda sucks and makes people play alone
Reply Quote
In 10 public games, there will be 30 players I team up with. Out of these 30, at most 5 are competent enough to clear the Act in a group. The rest are usually undergeared, or the usual suspects: MF hoarders with no stats. The dodgy vote kick function does not help.

While I don't mind carrying others, there should be an additional incentive, namely added experience. Otherwise, solo is the way to go.
Reply Quote
Multiplayer doesn't have exp bonus. Even with my buddy, 60k+ dps wiz, I end up doing most of the damage anyway. Not to mention, unless someone is as quick as I am, I don't benefit from it unless I am just having a bit of fun. I think maybe with 2-3 monks, it would be beneficial. Otherwise, alone is best for me. I'd imagine any range class has better luck in a group, if the mobs are completely controlled by someone.
Reply Quote
The only thing that changes the amount of exp that a monster drops is the level of the player that killed it. (makes rushing low levels pointless)

However, most people don't coordinate well in public groups and can usually farm more efficiently by themselves. So coop really should be getting a bonus, but it is not.
Reply Quote
You will never find out.. there is no transparency in the game..
till to date, no one knows what is the proc coefficiency of each skills.

Diablo 3 is like the Government, you will never find out what is what. Isn't it fun?
Reply Quote
I've been wondering how group XP works. Thanks for the explanation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]