Diablo® III

1.0.4 Patch Notes Updates

Community Manager
"Look! More hidden footprints!"

We recently added some new information to the patch notes for 1.0.4. Please note that everything documented below went live yesterday with the patch, but was not included in the original version of the patch notes.

In the spirit of transparency, I've called out each of those additions below. If a line already existed in the patch notes, but had new information added to it, I've identified that new information with italics.

GENERAL
  • Magic Find and Gold Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)
  • Town healers will now instantly heal players when clicked on
  • Dye colors have been slightly adjusted

BOSSES
  • Butcher
    • Bug Fixes
      • Fixed a bug that caused some areas of the grated platform in the Chamber of Suffering to not deal damage to players when on fire

• Belial
    • The targeting reticle for Belial’s two-handed attack is now larger and much easier to see

CLASSES

Barbarian
  • Active Skills
    • Rend
      • A new particle effect has been added

• Bug Fixes
    • Furious Charge
      • Skill Rune - Merciless Assault
        • Cooldown will now only be reduced by targets that are hit by Furious Charge

Monk
  • General
    • Several skill animations and effects (including those for Blind and Exploding Palm) have been improved to be more visible to the player

MONSTERS
  • The graphical effects for many monster abilities have been updated to be more visible to the player
  • The treasure goblin spawn has been removed from the Road to Alcarnus and the Ancient Path

QUESTS
  • Players will now receive full experience and gold rewards for completing quests for the first time in Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno difficulties (Inferno quests will only provide gold rewards)

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the in-game FPS meter (Ctrl-R) to display incorrect frame rates

If we make any further additions to the 1.0.4 patch notes, we'll make sure to call them out here.
Reply Quote

MONSTERS
  • The treasure goblin spawn has been removed from the Road to Alcarnus and the Ancient Path

• :'(
    :'(
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Druid
    say bye to goblin farming

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1322-patch-104-interview-with-jay-wilson-and-andrew-chambers/

Everyone read that interview. Apparently they know better than us what we find fun. Apparently we find getting 50's level gear in Act 3 inferno FUN!.

This was not covered in the blogs, but users were wondering if there will be any changes to the lower ilvls dropping in Inferno?
    We are okay with where it is now. We like that there are a number of different items that drop in Inferno. We like the decision making that it encourages players to engage in. We are still considering stuff.

Yes this definitely encourages us to make decision. wtf
    Edited by percydaman#1255 on 8/22/2012 1:42 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Why do you take all our favorite goblins away?
    Reply Quote
    What you did there Lylirra, I see it. Footprints too.
    Reply Quote
    BarbarianActive SkillsRendA new particle effect has been added

Thank you very much on this! I noticed and it makes me more efficient on my dps ! guessing game is over now
    Reply Quote
    Where is the part that fixes the new uniques that aren't rolling with guaranteed stats.
    Reply Quote
    im glad you took the goblin away, idk why he was always coming around and bashing my brains in. making me drop loot for no reason whatsoever! dirty goblins, good riddance!
    Reply Quote
    MVP - Technical Support
    View profile
    I noticed the new visuals right away on the frozon orbs, it was VERY clear what the safe range was for them now.

Some other things i noticed, was the drop rate of potions upped significantly? I'm just piling them up now.
    Edited by MysticalOS#1981 on 8/22/2012 1:43 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Good glad they got rid of goblin a2 farming. Y'all are going to want paragon levels anyway, can't do that farming goblins.
    Reply Quote
    I noticed the new visuals right away on the frozon orbs, it was VERY clear what the safe range was for them now.

Some other things i noticed, was the drop rate of potions upped significantly? I'm just piling them up now.

Big fan of that and the mortar spots that show up. Makes it much easier to see where they will land when that elite from off the screen starts spewing stuff at me.

The explosion of molten mobs is much more noticeable now too!

08/22/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Gorgatron123
    people actually have fun farming goblins?

Good drops, but boring. Needed to be removed

I tend to farm Act II quite more than Act I or Act III and they were both cherries on top. Sucks it's not an option to check there now for easy loot/gold during my Act II runs now.
    Edited by Dags#1591 on 8/22/2012 1:52 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
      Wizards can no longer teleport through closed doors.

Life steal numbers no longer display if you have full life.
    Reply Quote
    6 Goblin Priest
    About an hour ago i got a fiery brimstone from disenchanting a level 61 blue ring.. more hidden footprints? normal? bug?
    Reply Quote
    There's a bug when fighting Siegebreaker coop with a wizard. I was playing yesterday, and every time Siegebreaker would pick me up and scream at me, if the wizard froze Siegebreaker, then he would hold on to me for another round. Every time he gets frozen when holding me, he would keep holding me. It got to the point he held me for a good 30 seconds.

Also, please bring back player buffs next to their icon in coop games. It was good seeing when my coop partners had my War Cry buff, and know if they needed it or I missed them.
    Reply Quote
    Gold Find is shared or not?
    Reply Quote
    Hey Lylirra, thank you for the updates!

Regarding the Belial update, when playing yesterday, I could have sworn something changed in battling him but I couldn't pinpoint - thanks for confirming!
    Reply Quote

Yeah, I noticed this too. I can't imagine that they didn't up the drop rate because I've already picked up 50+ potions when I was playing yesterday. So I have 50 more than I had the day before the patch and considering I use them on a regular basis I'd say I picked up near 100 potions yesterday.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]