Diablo® III

1.0.4 Patch Notes Updates

I have the same question as Blouge above, Does the Shrine increase the magic/gold find to 400 on top of the NV???

Don't forget there is still the follower and skill add on like Demon Hunter companion - Ferret, do they still apply on top of the cap?

And can you explain how nice will goldskin be when there there such a low cap for gold find.
By simplying adding the max gold/magic find in all gears, we can exceed the 300 cap easily.

One more thing, can we bring back the experience shrine in the inferno level for Paragon leveling?
Reply Quote
First of all, good job on killing two FUN barb builds with one stone (patch): Devil's Anvil and Bulldozer.

Second, I still did not see anything on Wrath of the Berserker / Slaughter. You've reduced the procs on that by a lot, simply making it a bad choice, even if you're running 50+ base crit chance and is using it against several enemies. Insanity just became the clear winner again for bursting elites.

yea that furious charge fix made me sad, it was a funnest build to play as barb imo. but i guess we can always go play something else.
Reply Quote

• Belial
    • The targeting reticle for Belial’s two-handed attack is now larger and much easier to see

This is my favorite part.
    Edited by Kjolnir#1385 on 8/22/2012 10:23 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    08/22/2012 04:30 PMPosted by enem
    I actually wish the potion, tome, and gem text color were something other than what they are. They're too close to magic colored items, yet light enough so that I miss them half the time and they're harder to read.

it would be nice if we could choose our own colour for these.
    i want mine to be green so i can imagine im finding set pieces.

Especially for color blind people.
    Reply Quote
    wow your a really trusting person
    Reply Quote
    may i know if south east asia server ready for patch 1.0.4? because i not able to install the patches yet.
    Reply Quote
    I am curious as to why magic and gold find are limited to 300%. It doesn't make as big a difference now, but in the long run, as more people increase their Paragon levels, any gear with magic or gold find becomes useless.

So, I guess my question is why would Blizzard introduce systems that take an entire group of items worthless?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Paragon level system, but I just dropped 10 million on some really good gold and magic find gear and was only just starting to make back what I had spent. Now I'm limited to 300% of each from 377% gold find and 306% magic find.

Overall, I think the patch has been great and was a needed step in the right direction, but I've got to admit, Blizzard, you do things that make me wonder sometimes.
    Reply Quote
    08/22/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Marvix
    About an hour ago i got a fiery brimstone from disenchanting a level 61 blue ring.. more hidden footprints? normal? bug?

It has always been like that.... happens rarely though.
    Reply Quote
    I am curious as to why magic and gold find are limited to 300%. It doesn't make as big a difference now, but in the long run, as more people increase their Paragon levels, any gear with magic or gold find becomes useless.

So, I guess my question is why would Blizzard introduce systems that take an entire group of items worthless?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Paragon level system, but I just dropped 10 million on some really good gold and magic find gear and was only just starting to make back what I had spent. Now I'm limited to 300% of each from 377% gold find and 306% magic find.

Overall, I think the patch has been great and was a needed step in the right direction, but I've got to admit, Blizzard, you do things that make me wonder sometimes.

probably, in the future items with MF/GF WILL NOT DROP. thus removing the ability for gold botters to start work immediately after getting banned. (ie: the only way to raise mf is paragon thereafter).

--
    btw: the goblins at ancient path/road to alcarnus should be been replaced by an elite phase beast pack. (which is what the teleporting little buggers grow up into)
    Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 8/23/2012 3:01 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Was the dye colour thing really nessecary?
    I had to re-dye all of my items (that's a fair bit of gold), and now some of them don't look anywhere near as good as they did before =/
    Reply Quote
    say bye to goblin farming

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1322-patch-104-interview-with-jay-wilson-and-andrew-chambers/

Everyone read that interview. Apparently they know better than us what we find fun. Apparently we find getting 50's level gear in Act 3 inferno FUN!.

This was not covered in the blogs, but users were wondering if there will be any changes to the lower ilvls dropping in Inferno?
    We are okay with where it is now. We like that there are a number of different items that drop in Inferno. We like the decision making that it encourages players to engage in. We are still considering stuff.

Yes this definitely encourages us to make decision. wtf

WTF are you talking about dude. There are so many goblins throughout act 3 in abundance. I don't know if it's just me and my farming buddies, but we've seen an infestation of goblins (a good thing) in 1.04.

Go farm elite packs and learn to play the game and you will see what I'm talking about.
    Edited by ParadigmDeez#1302 on 8/23/2012 3:13 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    GENERAL
    Magic Find and Gold Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)

Does the MF from my mercenary help me go over 300% as well? Because currently the tool tip is telling me yes.

Edit:

This is also the biggest mistake of the Diablo franchise so far imo. You guys disgust me with how you've treated the Diablo game and community. It's honestly heartbreaking as a former Diablo 2 diehard.
    Edited by haxity#1250 on 8/23/2012 3:16 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    08/22/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Marvix
    About an hour ago i got a fiery brimstone from disenchanting a level 61 blue ring.. more hidden footprints? normal? bug?

Normal.

Level 60 or higher gear has always had a very small chance to give fiery brimstone when disenchanted.

So grats you got lucky!
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Rogue
    Everyone read that interview. Apparently they know better than us what we find fun. Apparently we find getting 50's level gear in Act 3 inferno FUN!.

Ok, at the risk of sticking my head in the lion's mouth, I wanna play devil's advocate here for a minute. Why shouldn't they think they know what is more fun than us? They are professional game designers/developers. I trust that my lawyer knows what is legally best for me more than I do, and that my doctor knows what is medically better for me than I do, and that my accountants and fund managers know what is financially better for me than I do. Why don't these guys get that too?

I understand that people are complaining that the game isn't fun. I get that, and I understand that it may be a problem. But a lawyer probably gets tired of clients that act like they know what is best for themselves legally (when they rarely do) and doctors probably get tired of patients that act like they know what is best for themselves medically (when they rarely do). So why doesn't the same hold for people who design/develop games for a living?

Because fun is a matter of opinion. None of your examples are opinions, they're black and white.

08/22/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Smaggletooth
    Oh wow, there are still people playing this game, and happy about instant town healz and changes to dye's...just...wow

Oh wow, there are people who still read the forums who have no desire or intent to play the game? And they trivialize the major changes made because they're butthurt and stubborn? That's funny and sad at the same time.
    Edited by Capnsensible#1962 on 8/23/2012 4:15 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    not sure if they upped the drop rate of potions or not cause before patch i would run around with 325% mf and also not totally sure about this but i believe the items that are now light blue potions,gems and tomes used to be affected by mf.

someone clarify this please
    thanks
    Reply Quote
    I certainly enjoy the new drop rates in 1.0.4 . A pair of Set boots drop when the Elites died last night :D and yeah the Potion drops seem to have been raised drastically. If only the cool down on potions can be improved ...
    Reply Quote
    Just to make sure, when you say white mobs have 4x more chances of dropping rare items, does it includes all rares? in particular 6-properties rares?
    Reply Quote
    08/22/2012 01:43 PMPosted by MysticalOS
    I noticed the new visuals right away on the frozon orbs, it was VERY clear what the safe range was for them now.

I too noticed being able to see the blast radius for the frozen orbs. I LOVE that. Thank you, Blizzard. That is the sort of attention to detail that is both special and appreciated.

Some other things i noticed, was the drop rate of potions upped significantly? I'm just piling them up now.

Initially, I had the same thought. Then, I reasoned that my character was more potent, that I was needing potions less frequently, so they began to stack up. I am uncertain, though, and I don’t recall any patch notes saying one way or the other about the drop rate. Lylirra?

New Item Stack Limits: They are also unexpected and welcomed. I do not even know what the limit is for gems now, but I appreciate that it is larger than it was (30).

New Light Blue: The new light blue for gems, tomes, etc. is lovely when it stands next to white AND blue drops. It is not particularly distinct when next to just white drops, and it is easily overlooked, at least by me.

I like the idea of making the color for such drops uniform. Further, I think I understand that they are a less powerful magic, so they are a less vibrant blue, but I think they are harder to spot than before. (The Tome of Secrets were the regular blue magic prior to 1.04.) The theory of the light blue works better than than the application of it.
    Edited by JessicaLight#1411 on 8/23/2012 5:55 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    Monk

General
    Several skill animations and effects (including those for Blind and Exploding Palm) have been improved to be more visible to the player

Thank you. Exploding Palm much much easier to use as a skill now.

And thank you for the updates/buffs. It blows now. And by blows I mean it blows up everything that gets in my path! ;) So much fun!
    Edited by Kezmaefele#1109 on 8/23/2012 7:09 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    No...I don't want MMO suckage in my Diablo. Specific items from specific MOBs sucks.

Diablo 2 had this. Whoops!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]