Diablo® III

i cant download the patch 1.04

how big is the patch size ? and where can i download it manually ?

thanks
Reply Quote
patch is small, but you should be able to just update using the game client.

if youre having issues check the technical support forum. many others have problems with the patches as well as they have the wrong client installed. ie. using the european client on the americas server.
Reply Quote
the dont automatically update or download the patch....

i tried changing the language and everything but still nothing happens...

any other remedy ?
Reply Quote
same here!! any ideas ? help!
Reply Quote
changing the language lets me download the whole 2gb size of file....

after few hours of downloading the game is "playable"

but it quits every time i connect to the batllenet
Reply Quote
so.. first things first:

you play on the Americas server?

and you have the american game client? (should be listed as enUS on your battle.net account page where you can download the game client.)
Reply Quote
My client is international. It works on all regions. I have the same problem.
Reply Quote
so.. first things first:

you play on the Americas server?

and you have the american game client? (should be listed as enUS on your battle.net account page where you can download the game client.)

yup i play in americas server and i guess my client is international version
Reply Quote
no.. what i mean is only the american language version (enUS) will auto update as soon as the patch goes live on the americas server. other versions (such as the english version enGB) will only update once the patch is released on the Europe server. Similar with the Asia versions of the client.

this is independent from whatever server you play on, as yes Global Play lets you play on any region.
Reply Quote
I dont think you can download it manually anywhere, just wait until the patch goes live in your area!
Its very small, a few megas in size, most of the changes I believe were done server side, nothing much to add to the client save for a few new image files, maybe....

Patience! you will eventually have it!
Reply Quote
just to clarify, this is an image from my game client download section.

http://i.imgur.com/GyQlq.png

notice how the region it auto-selected for me is English (EU) even though my game account is International/Global.

I re-downloaded the client after changing the language to English (US) and hitting the SAVE link in this panel, then installed it over the top of the previous version. It then updated about 2.6 Gb of files, though you can skip the download once the launcher shows the green progress bar.

never had patch download issues since.
Edited by enem#1945 on 8/21/2012 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ok.. so i checked, and my game client IS listed as English (US). I play on the america's servers, but reside in Australia. The game says its up to date, but click play and it shows its still 1.03..... and when i attempt to login, it informs me that there is a new update and it will apply the patch blah blah... game drops out, launcher re-runs, and says its up to date already again. Endless loop...

Come on guys, fix the damn updater!! Happens every time you patch this game!!!
Reply Quote
hmm.. you may have to follow these instructions then if you havent already

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870687669

apparently works for a bunch of people.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem mate can ya let me know if you find a way to fixit, good to see im not the only one with the problem though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why do Blizzard like making it so difficult that layman like myself who would like to play the game have to have a phd in PC tech to fix problems that she be automatic. Looks like my time playing Diablo 3 is at a end
Reply Quote
maintenance yesterday and now im having the same loop as BlaCkRaln, when will blizzard make me play this game!
Reply Quote
i'll just wait for the auto update....this issue sucks big time..damn blizzard
Reply Quote
i play in americas server but I live in hong kong and i guess my client is international version I also can not update
Reply Quote
So whats the deal now? Anyone can give clear and concise instructions?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]