Diablo® III

i cant download the patch 1.04

Can't Can't Can't patch for 1.04 automatically, Blizzard should fix it asap!
Reply Quote
same problem here cant download patch have been waitin agez for it to work just doesnt
Reply Quote
same problem...cant patch automatically...i play on malaysia...but i play US server...so i cant play anymore?
Reply Quote
Anyone get theirs to work yet??
Reply Quote
I also can not download the newest patch. When starting the launcher I get the following:

http://i.imgur.com/XZXem.jpg

Prior to contacting support I tried uninstalling D3 and redownloading the client (assuring it is running in admin mode), same error.

Working with blizzard support and have tried:

1. Everything in this article http://us.battle.net/support/article/4200043

2. Disabling all security settings and trying in both normal mode and safe mode

3. Uninstalling Norton completely with Norton's installer and retrying in normal and safe modes

4. Updating network drivers and trying in normal and safe modes

5. Bridging wireless and LAN connections and retrying in normal and safe modes

So far nothing is working.
Edited by Psychoreo#1868 on 8/23/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I had already started playing D3 with patch 1.04 for one day for my Wizard's character. Now I am at Paragon Level 4. For those palyers who had problems updating patch 1.04, you can try this method:
How to patch Diablo III?
This may apply to you if this is how your game/launcher is behaving:
On login you get a message saying "A New patch for Diablo III is available" and it also says that your game will be closed and the patch will be applied. The game closes, the Launcher comes up saying "Game is up to date" and no patch is applied.
Basically, the "new patch" message means your Diablo III.exe or battle.net.dll does not match the version accepted by the server. If different regions are at different versions, you need to set your patch_url to get updates meant for the region you play in.
(July 11) EDIT: Now that all regions are at the same version, you shouldn't have to do this anymore. If you're still getting the "new patch" message, it means your battle.net.dll is probably missing or corrupt and changing the patch_url wont help.
---------- Change the patch_url by editing the .agent.db file.
This is how you can set your client to get updates whenever they're released in the Americas region: (Shouldn't be needed if you use a client meant for the region you play in.)
Before you start, make a backup copy of the original .agent.db file. (to restore in case something goes wrong)
1. Go in your Diablo III folder.
2. Open the .agent.db file on WordPad.(This file may be hidden and please, do not delete this file)
3. find the "patch_url" line and change its value to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
4. Save and close the file.
Reply Quote
I had already started playing D3 with patch 1.04 for one day for my Wizard's character. Now I am at Paragon Level 4. For those palyers who had problems updating patch 1.04, you can try this method:
How to patch Diablo III?
This may apply to you if this is how your game/launcher is behaving:
On login you get a message saying "A New patch for Diablo III is available" and it also says that your game will be closed and the patch will be applied. The game closes, the Launcher comes up saying "Game is up to date" and no patch is applied.
Basically, the "new patch" message means your Diablo III.exe or battle.net.dll does not match the version accepted by the server. If different regions are at different versions, you need to set your patch_url to get updates meant for the region you play in.
(July 11) EDIT: Now that all regions are at the same version, you shouldn't have to do this anymore. If you're still getting the "new patch" message, it means your battle.net.dll is probably missing or corrupt and changing the patch_url wont help.
---------- Change the patch_url by editing the .agent.db file.
This is how you can set your client to get updates whenever they're released in the Americas region: (Shouldn't be needed if you use a client meant for the region you play in.)
Before you start, make a backup copy of the original .agent.db file. (to restore in case something goes wrong)
1. Go in your Diablo III folder.
2. Open the .agent.db file on WordPad.(This file may be hidden and please, do not delete this file)
3. find the "patch_url" line and change its value to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
4. Save and close the file.

Forgot, I also tried this. No change
Edited by Psychoreo#1868 on 8/23/2012 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can someone post when its up and running please, sick of the countless attempts with no result
Reply Quote
Tried again just now, no change.
Reply Quote
Do this:

1) Find ProgramData (hidden folder)
2) Find Battle.net folder
3) select and delete the Agent folder
4) Start the Launcher
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I've had to do this multiple times. Works like a charm for my problems. The following procedure has 2 thumbs up!

Do this:

1) Find ProgramData (hidden folder)
2) Find Battle.net folder
3) select and delete the Agent folder
4) Start the Launcher
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]