Diablo® III

A Message From Jay

(Locked)

09/02/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Hanfresco
Why is this thread at page 135 and still going while the Trail of Cinders thread is capped at page 76?

most likely jay's ego.

i bet this thread doesn't have a post limit.
The gameplay is so awesome in Diablo III. However it's extremely boring.
imo whats hurting d3 the most is no content! i mean comon.... running act 3 over and over again. I'm over it already.
Go run the other acts then. :P
Millions buy the game

Millions quit first month

Only good reviews are the ones Blizzard paid for

Tons of complaints on the forums

South Korean HQ gets raided by Government officials

All of South Korea gets a refund

Interview with a inside beta tester calls the game a rushed piece of crap

1 developer calls out the D3 team for terrible design...Jay Wilson rages!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone else think that Jay is, well, a little on the gay side? The way he talks and some of his mannerisms I've seen in interviews come off as... "fruity." Not to mention I don't think he's married or has children. Hmmm...
I wanted to experiment this weekend and see if I would get any items of value to make my "Now finally Act 2 Epicness" Monk feel stronger...... I put in close to 30 hours this Labor Day weekend putting in close to 3x 12hr sessions. I noticed the following with Magic Find, and the fact the item mechanics system is broken.I have a monk who has over 198% Base MF, I fiddled with his MF going through Act 1/2 Inferno with only 100MF Base and noticed Rare quality was worst ilvl 50's~ after 5 stacks I noticed same 50's quality with the splatter of ilvl60+. I played this way for at least 1 full shift. Getting absolutely nothing of value except farming of gold.2nd day I took my gold and upgraded my armor on the GAH for some MF gear and started farming Act 1/2 and noticed now the iLVL went up at least 6lvls. I was now noticing iLVL 58-61 more often with sprinklings of 62-63. I then moved up to mainly just act 2, and noticed my quality was now even better 97% iLVL 60+ at this time I then called it a night and stopped.3rd day I did mainly Act 3 constantly dying but still getting 61+ ilvl items and 1 out of every 30 was lvl 59. At this time I was geting rares with 6-7 affixes to the ilvl 62-63 items. I was thinking SCORE I'm on my way to legendaries and Set items... At this point with 5 stacks i'm roughly 280's for MF.. I've played a HIGH level amount of hours, yet still no legendaries or set items. I found out of my 3 days of playing 10 items were of upgrade to two of my characters, but none would sell on GAH, I tried every night to sell what I didn't use and could NOT find a buyer even at the low purchases of 40k.What i'm trying to get at, is I NEVER in Diablo 1/2 days had to work so fricken hard to make my warrior/paladin ranger/sorc D1/D2 characters feel epic. i finally have 30 hours of hard grinding was able to get a upgrade worthy of keeping me alive 2-4 more hits in Act 1/2 than previous. I made maybe 1 million a night in gold which was nice but after buying 1 set of VERy low gear (which by the way GET RID OF THE BOTS ON THE AH!) I was out bidded within the last 30seconds by 2K which seemed very odd as both times I put odd #'s yet i was outbidded by even rounded off #'s....In any case, I never had to devote a portion of my LIFE to a game..... This is seriously feeling like a MMO which I promised I wouldn't get myself into.... In any case I won't spend real money to feel cool in a game, and I sure as heck won't devote a % of my life to a game, I never really feel epic in. At least with the competition I can play a game for 200hrs and feel like i've conquered the world. In this game, I only feel like i've been in a race against millions of others to find the 1 LONE item that everyone else can find or can't find in hopes that i can get 1 quest farther in Inferno.... I swear I feel like i'm on drugs...... its a gambling addiction SOMETHING, it just doesn't feel right. I think seriously this is no longer the title I grew up with.. This is no longer the market i grew up in, everything is a comodity. They need to make money off of everything, even the materials to make the crappy items that we roll the dice on :| Just doesn't seem right....Oh well I really want to deck my character out in class specific set armor..... But wait thats going to cost currently 85million gold..... I spent 30hours after my repairs and my gear cost my GROSS gold find was 3million thats on 4 player games with companions who know what there doing which takes about 5 game restarts so a waste of about 1 hour every 7hrs on average.... So in the end I don't feel accomplished. I know I spent $60 bucks and got 60+ hrs I should be happy. I know i'll get flamed, but i'm sorry to say KIDS you are the minority, you are not the 7am to 5pm M-F professional worker, who has to spend time outside of work learning more in my field or doing work related study. I don't get the comfort of having room mates, or no kids so you people who play this game for 300+ hrs a week can go back to your hole in the closet and maybe go back to playing WoW and join your iNet friends & family circle. Anyway i'm done.... Hopefully this game gets fixed, so when I dust the icon off of my desktop in about 18 months it'll be awesome to play again for another month or so. Peace Jay W! Your words and candor, did nothing for your group just really showed me how sad the youth is these days....... You road on the coat tales of hippie and older gen designers and expect what you and management thought were the "Right" ideas by throwing in monatizing gold sink holes, that basically the gold sinks directly into your pockets..... Should really be illegal, but you guys thrive off the computer geeks with no social outlet for life who really only can survive by playing your games, because somehow your world is better than the one they currently live in......Its just sad, I know i'll get flamed on this thread, but no other adult will seriously speak up on these forums, figured I might as well.Oh and your probably now asking yourself, if he's so adult why is he o a forum making a thread ranting BLEH BLEH BLEH. Want to know why? Sure?........................Because I can and no one can stop me :) I've voiced my opinion, Goodnight!

I totally agree with this poster...

The game feels more like work than a game. A ridiculous amount of hours farming netting no upgrades. Take that "huge" load of gold you just farmed to the auction house, to find out you have nowhere near enough gold to get an upgrade. Rinse and repeat... and YAY! I can finally afford that upgrade... which nets a tremendous +20increase to primary stat.

The loot is diluted with pathetic affixes or strengths of affixes to the point 99% of things are vendored.

Jay... If you truly want to make Diablo 3 the greatest of the franchise, please listen to your players. The game is broken, it is more work than fun. Bottom line.
you wana impress me get rid of the botters oh wait nvm you guys make way to much money off them to do that . . . . my bad
its a great game btw, really love it, i cant wait for PvP ill be nice,
D2 PvP was asome i hope D3 be better
cheers
View profile
I wanted to experiment this weekend and see if I would get any items of value to make my "Now finally Act 2 Epicness" Monk feel stronger...... I put in close to 30 hours this Labor Day weekend putting in close to 3x 12hr sessions. I noticed the following with Magic Find, and the fact the item mechanics system is broken.I have a monk who has over 198% Base MF, I fiddled with his MF going through Act 1/2 Inferno with only 100MF Base and noticed Rare quality was worst ilvl 50's~ after 5 stacks I noticed same 50's quality with the splatter of ilvl60+. I played this way for at least 1 full shift. Getting absolutely nothing of value except farming of gold.2nd day I took my gold and upgraded my armor on the GAH for some MF gear and started farming Act 1/2 and noticed now the iLVL went up at least 6lvls. I was now noticing iLVL 58-61 more often with sprinklings of 62-63. I then moved up to mainly just act 2, and noticed my quality was now even better 97% iLVL 60+ at this time I then called it a night and stopped.3rd day I did mainly Act 3 constantly dying but still getting 61+ ilvl items and 1 out of every 30 was lvl 59. At this time I was geting rares with 6-7 affixes to the ilvl 62-63 items. I was thinking SCORE I'm on my way to legendaries and Set items... At this point with 5 stacks i'm roughly 280's for MF.. I've played a HIGH level amount of hours, yet still no legendaries or set items. I found out of my 3 days of playing 10 items were of upgrade to two of my characters, but none would sell on GAH, I tried every night to sell what I didn't use and could NOT find a buyer even at the low purchases of 40k.What i'm trying to get at, is I NEVER in Diablo 1/2 days had to work so fricken hard to make my warrior/paladin ranger/sorc D1/D2 characters feel epic. i finally have 30 hours of hard grinding was able to get a upgrade worthy of keeping me alive 2-4 more hits in Act 1/2 than previous. I made maybe 1 million a night in gold which was nice but after buying 1 set of VERy low gear (which by the way GET RID OF THE BOTS ON THE AH!) I was out bidded within the last 30seconds by 2K which seemed very odd as both times I put odd #'s yet i was outbidded by even rounded off #'s....In any case, I never had to devote a portion of my LIFE to a game..... This is seriously feeling like a MMO which I promised I wouldn't get myself into.... In any case I won't spend real money to feel cool in a game, and I sure as heck won't devote a % of my life to a game, I never really feel epic in. At least with the competition I can play a game for 200hrs and feel like i've conquered the world. In this game, I only feel like i've been in a race against millions of others to find the 1 LONE item that everyone else can find or can't find in hopes that i can get 1 quest farther in Inferno.... I swear I feel like i'm on drugs...... its a gambling addiction SOMETHING, it just doesn't feel right. I think seriously this is no longer the title I grew up with.. This is no longer the market i grew up in, everything is a comodity. They need to make money off of everything, even the materials to make the crappy items that we roll the dice on :| Just doesn't seem right....Oh well I really want to deck my character out in class specific set armor..... But wait thats going to cost currently 85million gold..... I spent 30hours after my repairs and my gear cost my GROSS gold find was 3million thats on 4 player games with companions who know what there doing which takes about 5 game restarts so a waste of about 1 hour every 7hrs on average.... So in the end I don't feel accomplished. I know I spent $60 bucks and got 60+ hrs I should be happy. I know i'll get flamed, but i'm sorry to say KIDS you are the minority, you are not the 7am to 5pm M-F professional worker, who has to spend time outside of work learning more in my field or doing work related study. I don't get the comfort of having room mates, or no kids so you people who play this game for 300+ hrs a week can go back to your hole in the closet and maybe go back to playing WoW and join your iNet friends & family circle. Anyway i'm done.... Hopefully this game gets fixed, so when I dust the icon off of my desktop in about 18 months it'll be awesome to play again for another month or so. Peace Jay W! Your words and candor, did nothing for your group just really showed me how sad the youth is these days....... You road on the coat tales of hippie and older gen designers and expect what you and management thought were the "Right" ideas by throwing in monatizing gold sink holes, that basically the gold sinks directly into your pockets..... Should really be illegal, but you guys thrive off the computer geeks with no social outlet for life who really only can survive by playing your games, because somehow your world is better than the one they currently live in......Its just sad, I know i'll get flamed on this thread, but no other adult will seriously speak up on these forums, figured I might as well.Oh and your probably now asking yourself, if he's so adult why is he o a forum making a thread ranting BLEH BLEH BLEH. Want to know why? Sure?........................Because I can and no one can stop me :) I've voiced my opinion, Goodnight!

I totally agree with this poster...

The game feels more like work than a game. A ridiculous amount of hours farming netting no upgrades. Take that "huge" load of gold you just farmed to the auction house, to find out you have nowhere near enough gold to get an upgrade. Rinse and repeat... and YAY! I can finally afford that upgrade... which nets a tremendous +20increase to primary stat.

The loot is diluted with pathetic affixes or strengths of affixes to the point 99% of things are vendored.

Jay... If you truly want to make Diablo 3 the greatest of the franchise, please listen to your players. The game is broken, it is more work than fun. Bottom line.

AGRED
08/22/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Jay Wilson
You deserve more honest communication about the game and what we're doing to make it a more awesome experience for us all. We care about Diablo very much, and appreciate your passion for it. Without you, we wouldn't be able to do this, and for that I can't thank you enough.

So Jay...where is that "honest communication" that you talked about? It's odd, considering I can go to the WoW forums on any given day and see blue posts left and right talking about things related to the game. However for D3 I rarely see any blues talking with the playerbase...unless nerfs are inbound of course.
If you where doing a better job jay you wouldn't have got pissed off in the first place.

Make the game more fun instead of more RMAH and you won't care what other people think.

When you know you have done a good job you won't care what one looser says.
uhh jaylo....i dont see any fun in killing the elite...its like you guys design the game just to frustrating gamer...or creates all those affixes on champ and elite..just to fk us up..so you could laugh about it.
"Damage Control"
09/05/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Nemzz
"Damage Control"

Really bad attempt at it.
Wow, it's really disgusting visible that which you wrote weren't truthfully written,
just plain and simple damage control. You never gave 1 !@#$ about the Diablo franchise in the start - You guys wanted big sale numbers because you are a bunch of cooperate %^-*!@#s, and thats what you got. Now this was written because you want to milk out the franchise further with expansions to this god awful game. I tried logging in today, first time since the release, got to the character screen, remembered - and I didn't go further with that gaming session. You made the money you where looking to earn. Good for you. But I won't buy any of your expansions, or anything of the diablo franchise ever again, because this piece of work was just... I am at a loss of words, I felt robbed of my money, Jay you could of have just mugged me instead.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]