Diablo® III

Login and Auction House Issues - 8/24/12

(Locked)

08/24/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Lylirra
Not only were there problems logging in, I wasn't asked for my authenticator code when I finally did get in, so authentication is not working even when able to log in.

Check your Battle.net account security settings (Account > Security Options > Authenticator) in Account Management and make sure that you have the "Require an authenticator code every time you log in to the game" box checked.

If it isn't checked and you're logging in from the same location(s) consistently, then you won't be prompted to enter an Authenticator code every time log in.

I've been required to log-in with my authenticator every time since I bought the game and from the same computer. This is kind of weird, sure you guys weren't hacked again?
Hi... Was able to access my account and log in.... HOWEVER, the Auction House (gold) is blank. Cannot see ANY item, even those that I had posted, does not come up in the search.
It's so god damn disheartening when you place a bid on an item in the AH, waiting to see if you won the next day and oh... AH down. F' this game.
so in response to the lack of authentication going i too was not asked when i logge into d3 and it also did not ask me when i logged into my battlenet to check and make sure it was checked ... it is

EDIT. hack again you say i would not be surprised...
Edited by Zuch0698o#1967 on 8/24/2012 10:29 AM PDT
I can log in....but can't start a game or use the AH. Error 300008
Check your Battle.net account security settings (Account > Security Options > Authenticator) in Account Management and make sure that you have the "Require an authenticator code every time you log in to the game" box checked.

If it isn't checked and you're logging in from the same location(s) consistently, then you won't be prompted to enter an Authenticator code every time log in.

FYI, when you had me reset my authenticator after your recent security update, it turned off that check box in the process. I had to go back in and select it again. Not a big deal for me, but some people may not know this.

I've been required to log-in with my authenticator every time since I bought the game and from the same computer. This is kind of weird, sure you guys weren't hacked again?

It changed when they updated the battle.net authenticators.
08/24/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Nihil777
Go outside. Read a book. Make a RL friend. Quit hassling them. It is nothing more than an ego-stroke. They are working hard. You may not think so, but if they aren't here dealing with the nonsense posts that repeat the same " You suck. Your game sucks." then they are most likely working on fixing the issues. Think of how you feel when someone comes into your place of business and yells at you because you don't have their Big Mac ready the moment they come in and want it.

This actually makes me feel superior.
08/24/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kupo
Why didn't you guys stop the timer on the AH? I took a big hit on 2 items because of these errors. I understand that if there were an update and you told us ahead of time then it would be my fault. But in this case I feel it is completely unfair to just let our items get sold for beginner bids.

I thought about this as well. However, there is no price to put items on the auction house, and now we can cancel them, so I don't think it's that big a deal. It sucks, yes, but not really important.

Actually, it is a big deal. Not everyone posts items for ridiculous amounts.. some people (like me) trust the market and start their items really low and let the market decide the value of their product. Once the item has been bid on, you CAN'T take it off. Also, you're gonna tax me 15% on the item u made me sell for dirt cheap? Absurdly Unprofessional.
I lost a potential large profit on a pair of pants because the auction house is not working right now, and no one is able to make bids. I saw a Grandfather sword bid on ONCE last night within the 1 day, 11 hour mark, then was bid on approximately 12 more times within the final 20 seconds of the bidding war. This means people were watching the auction until the last <1 min time frame, and made their final bids. Because only one person bid on my pants within the first 1 day and 11 hour frame, I lost out, because no one was able to search a single item on the auction house.
Community Manager
Update 10:30 a.m. PDT: We are in the process of bringing all Diablo III servers in the Americas down for maintenance to address issues affecting player login and the auction house system. We currently anticipate that this maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT (~2 hours of downtime).
I'm getting a 300008 error when I try to log in and searches in the auction house return no results.

Mac
you guys do what you need to do act 3 inferno is still driving me up the dang wall but man its fun
08/24/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Nihil777
Go outside. Read a book. Make a RL friend. Quit hassling them. It is nothing more than an ego-stroke. They are working hard. You may not think so, but if they aren't here dealing with the nonsense posts that repeat the same " You suck. Your game sucks." then they are most likely working on fixing the issues. Think of how you feel when someone comes into your place of business and yells at you because you don't have their Big Mac ready the moment they come in and want it.

except the fact that there should be a big mac ready because your ordering from a FAST food joint, and i think after paying 60 bucks for this i should beable to play whenever i please
Hi... Was able to access my account and log in.... HOWEVER, the Auction House (gold) is blank. Cannot see ANY item, even those that I had posted, does not come up in the search. Receiving Error # 300008 when attempting to create a game. Receiving Error# 31076 when attempting to access Gold AH.
Now after all this, the server is shutting down?!?! I log in just to get a shutdown message?!?! Im a giant walking money pit for blizzard..i give you money and you say thanks enjoy your downtime. I really seriously defended this game for a long time man, im raging not because I cant play but because I feel like as a business I am a joke to you and I cant keep faith to much longer
This has moved into the realm of being pathetic. Seriously.
God speed little hamsters! Diablo 3 is my !@#$%^ and I need my smack! ;)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]