Diablo® III

Login and Auction House Issues - 8/24/12

(Locked)

Amen!!!
People need a good dose of reality. Go out side Look at the !@#$ing clouds and think of one productive thing to do. keep working hard Blizz Team and Thanks for making sure my account is safe. Also new patch is badass A+
08/24/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Lylirra
Update 10:30 a.m. PDT: We are in the process of bringing all Diablo III servers in the Americas down for maintenance to address issues affecting player login and the auction house system. We currently anticipate that this maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT (~2 hours of downtime).

You guys are really doing BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !!!!!!!!!

How the hell you can even consider yourself as Blizzard ????
Blizzard must produce good quality GAMES !!

This is CRAPZ !!!..
Long gone the Legendary games such as STARCRAFT, DIABLO 2, WARCRAFT 3 & WOW.
Update 10:30 a.m. PDT: We are in the process of bringing all Diablo III servers in the Americas down for maintenance to address issues affecting player login and the auction house system. We currently anticipate that this maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT (~2 hours of downtime).

It's good at least to have an ETA

thanks Lylirra!♥
Edited by badatthis#6852 on 8/24/2012 10:39 AM PDT
08/24/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Lylirra
Not only were there problems logging in, I wasn't asked for my authenticator code when I finally did get in, so authentication is not working even when able to log in.

Check your Battle.net account security settings (Account > Security Options > Authenticator) in Account Management and make sure that you have the "Require an authenticator code every time you log in to the game" box checked.

If it isn't checked and you're logging in from the same location(s) consistently, then you won't be prompted to enter an Authenticator code every time log in.

This happened to me last weekend. I got scurred. But sneaky blizz and their authenticator jib jabs :P
I lost a potential large profit on a pair of pants because the auction house is not working right now, and no one is able to make bids. I saw a Grandfather sword bid on ONCE last night within the 1 day, 11 hour mark, then was bid on approximately 12 more times within the final 20 seconds of the bidding war. This means people were watching the auction until the last <1 min time frame, and made their final bids. Because only one person bid on my pants within the first 1 day and 11 hour frame, I lost out, because no one was able to search a single item on the auction house.

I totally agree. Also, I don't appreciate how they keep ignoring us. This is a big issue and I would like some clarification on how they plan on fixing this. With the way things are going, blizzard's server issues will never be resolved. Does that mean every time we post an item it's going to be a crapshoot?
Thanks for the updates and intial post. Myself and I assume others truely appreciate the honesty in what going on. Especially the fact that you used the words "we think" with a bit of detail early on. A working theory is great since it gives us a much better impression you are actively working on it and not knowing what's wrong but admitting it is preferable to silence any day in my mind.
you know at least they are working on a few things they could just refuse to do anything give them a break people they are doing what they can

----

We're aware that some players are encountering "Error 3000" and "Error 3006" when attempting to log in to the game. We believe these errors are the result of issues with our authentication service and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible. We are also investigating issues related to the Auction House and its availability for certain players.

While we don't have an ETA to share at this time, we'll provide further updates as more information becomes available. You can follow this thread for those updates or check out our [url="https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS"]@BlizzardCS[/url] Twitter feed.

Thank you so much for your patience, and for your reports!

LOL... well... it is becoming increasingly difficult to appreciate an ONLINE GAME ONLY to help combat hacking and exploiting when there are problems such as this...

THough I suppose that if you cannot get INTO the game, it does indeed prevent hacking and exploits much better than anything you have currently in game.
08/24/2012 10:32 AMPosted by CatW
How is it we can log onto the forum with the authenticator, but we can't in the game doesn't the forum use the same process?

No, they don't. Yes, they both access account information, but they are entirely different services.

Requiring authentication on logging into your account on a browser everytime is a GOOD thing. If they get into your account, they can change your password, email, mess with your subscriptions/xfer wow characters, etc.

Also, in your account information, you don't have a box checked that says 'require authentication on every login.' That's why it doesn't ask you every time, and only once a week, so long as you log in from the same/similar IP address.
08/24/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Nihil777
Go outside. Read a book. Make a RL friend. Quit hassling them. It is nothing more than an ego-stroke. They are working hard. You may not think so, but if they aren't here dealing with the nonsense posts that repeat the same " You suck. Your game sucks." then they are most likely working on fixing the issues. Think of how you feel when someone comes into your place of business and yells at you because you don't have their Big Mac ready the moment they come in and want it.

I agree. Some of the more, ahem, vocal complainants probably never worked behind the counters. They probably never knew the hardships of food service or customer service reps. And if they do, they should never have complained in the first place since they should understand the difficulty in the first place.

Life is so much more than D3. Let them work the kinks out so that YOU can play properly and at maximum satisfaction.
And you fanbois still hating on GW2?LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLOLOOLOL
Why is this always on my day off... I don't even get that many days off!
I go and take a 20 minute poop, and come back with a 10 second timer?! If I knew my poop was a race, I would have tried to win :(
Thanks. Now I can sleep :D
now they say error 33, which mean server down for maintenance =.=
it 2 hour down time, yet AH clock is ticking, real lame.............
go to bed.....

----

We're aware that some players are encountering "Error 3000" and "Error 3006" when attempting to log in to the game. We believe these errors are the result of issues with our authentication service and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible. We are also investigating issues related to the Auction House and its availability for certain players.

While we don't have an ETA to share at this time, we'll provide further updates as more information becomes available. You can follow this thread for those updates or check out our [url="https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS"]@BlizzardCS[/url] Twitter feed.

Thank you so much for your patience, and for your reports!

([url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412101790?page=1#7"]Next Blizzard Post[/url])

please stop messing with the servers when its not patch day. simple enough.
What sucks is I work at nights, and my day off I have been able to play for 1 hour today :(
Ah well, I am off to bed.
WOW BLIZZARD only noticed the errors 27 mins ago ? It started like 8-9 hours ago where your previous maintenance should had ended .

Jesus christ , you Blizzard techs are rubbish man seriously . How did you get the job anyway ?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]