Diablo® III

Login and Auction House Issues - 8/24/12

(Locked)

why maintenance so many times in a week............................ why why why ???
08/24/2012 10:43 AMPosted by councilmage
Just a suggestion. Why not do server maintenance in the middle of the night say around 2am to 6am.

They have been taking the servers down all night. This is just a continuation.

for us in asia it might be midnite or late nite but for their side is afternoon, so no point u bash them...coz it pointless
I really am trying to like this game. But Blizzard is making it VERY hard.
Update 10:30 a.m. PDT: We are in the process of bringing all Diablo III servers in the Americas down for maintenance to address issues affecting player login and the auction house system. We currently anticipate that this maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT (~2 hours of downtime).

Maybe it's because I don't know a thing about servers, but why does it take ~2.5 hours to restart them? Regardless of the reasons, it is kind of an inconvience to do it at this point in the day since I'm on the east coast.
2 hour downtime? Perfect for a break.

Funny, there's people who !@#$ talk and said hated the game but still playing it and miraculously posting on the forum, look who is the fanboy now?
08/24/2012 10:37 AMPosted by JenesisX
This has moved into the realm of being pathetic. Seriously.

Agree, People paid money for a game they can rarely play due to downtime/maintenance/crashes/hacks. Now it's just to the point of why continue to invest time into something that will just continue to have these types of problems?
08/24/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Conneri
Does that mean every time we post an item it's going to be a crapshoot?

Make smarter choices when posting starting price and buyout. Took me getting hosed once to start putting in reasonable numbers in for both.

What is a reasonable price? I'm willing to sell at market price but I can't just pull the market price out of my rectal cavity. WTF else am I going to do with that monk fist if I don't sell it - put it on my barb or wizard? I have things that are of no use for me so if they go slightly cheaper than what I would like, so be it. However, if I think an item should go 6 mil but set the start price at 2 just incase I'm wrong and then servers crash, that's hardly an indicator of anything getting their true value.

It's akin to going to an auction where they get halfway through their auction, people are still bidding, and then the auctioneer just yelling "sold, I'm going home". You can hardly say the auctioneer did their due diligence on the matter.

PS Why don't you guys stop being pricks on the matter? Is condescension hard-wired into you or are you so weak that you need to impose your superiority on matters so trivial?
jay u are just a huge disappointment. you produce this piece of junk for us to play, and you BRING IT DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE. WHY MAN. WHY CANT U JUST FIX IT BEFORE RELEASING THE GAME? WHY CANT U GUYS RELEASE THE FULL GAME? WHY? WHERE IS PVP? WHERE IS SAPPHIRE DIAMOND ANS SKULL? WHERE IS THE MYSTIC? WHERE IS THE PALADIN? OH MY GOD. STOPPED FOR A MONTH AND COME BACK TO FACE THIS BULLSHT.
I was wondering if the AH timer's were brought down also as i am sure I am not the only one that has a rather large auction up.
You've got to be !@#$ting me. I literally haven't played in a couple of months and I decide to give 1.0.4 a go to see how it works. Got my 5 NV stacks and working my way through.. and BAM - disconnected due to maintenance. Gotta love it.. this must be a hint to put this game to the side once again.

Thanks Blizz.
91 Gnome Mage
Misenpla
View profile
Just a suggestion. Why not do server maintenance in the middle of the night say around 2am to 6am.

The world does not revolve around the Americas.
Maybe we should be thankful they didnt call it "scheduled maintenance"
From reading that players fix im guessing you guys have a bad dns entry from changing the ip of the auth server
08/24/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Jager1017
this is ridiculous. was on for server reset, signed out, patiently waited 'til 3:30am for them to come back up, even waited 'til 4:30 in case it took a while longer, and here i am at 1:41pm and it's STILL not working. i don't like complaining about a game or company i like and respect, but come on. what is going on? this is the third or fourth time that the servers will be "up" when i am going to be unable to play the game. making the game solely online is really hurting the gameplay. guess it's time to play some starcraft 2. i'll try again at midnight. PLEASE have the servers up by then.

Just be patient. After today everything will run smoothly. I have to admit though, I am loving patch 1.04. Blizzard has done a great job in my honest opinion. I'm actually happy that Blizzard wants to constantly improve their server and by all means let them.
Thanks for the ETA.

I guess i'll go play original Diablo, single player, in the meantime.

"The sanctity of the place has been fouled!"

Man, you made me smile.
Misenpla
View profile

The world does not revolve around the Americas.

This is the America server.
you guys bought the game to play it but the servers are not working right let them fix it and just be patient i noticed more lag and problems with the ah would you rather blizzard leave it like that cause i wouldnt anyone who comes here to yell at these guys cause you have to wait a few hours is ridiculous you dont like it then dont play go outside get a tan or do something productive with your few hours step away from the computer and stop whining this game is amazing just like the other two and my opinion blizzard has done well yea they have had a few problems but at least they step up and fix it thanks guys
Hey just look at it this way. Blizzard is taking a active stance against the playing of video games. Now read a book or take a hike.
because the servers are their back end for the game its and i am sure they have different systems to check and work on its like a simple reboot someone does on a home pc they have to take the system offline do whatever maintainence they need then check and make sure everything is working right before they bring it back online for use
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]